R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree45Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-23-2010, 02:59 PM   #76
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 163
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Damn!!!

Bugger it!! now i have buy another Tamiya car but you know what?...........................I DONT CARE!!!

I too have been awe struck by tamiya cars since the early 80's when i bought my first car - the Wild One.

But i loved the FF01 that i had and i cant wait to get an FF03. Central battery placement, motor in front and low in the chassis, IFS setup but the most impressive thing about this car, and a big reason why i race all tamiya, is they used the same suspension parts as the 416. Tamiya are so on to it when it comes to compatibility.

I changed all my cars to 416 arms and hub carriers. Even the old TA05MS

Go Tamiya - i hope they re-release the Volvo 850
junn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:11 PM   #77
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,906
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by junn View Post
Bugger it!! now i have buy another Tamiya car but you know what?...........................I DONT CARE!!!

I too have been awe struck by tamiya cars since the early 80's when i bought my first car - the Wild One.

But i loved the FF01 that i had and i cant wait to get an FF03. Central battery placement, motor in front and low in the chassis, IFS setup but the most impressive thing about this car, and a big reason why i race all tamiya, is they used the same suspension parts as the 416. Tamiya are so on to it when it comes to compatibility.

I changed all my cars to 416 arms and hub carriers. Even the old TA05MS

Go Tamiya - i hope they re-release the Volvo 850
yup, that's why my cars are all tamiya. Same spare parts for my entire fleet. How sweet it that. But yeah, I am caught in that Tamiya magic.
inpuressa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:41 AM   #78
Tech Elite
 
Tommi Makkinen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Somewhere... still racing...
Posts: 4,698
Trader Rating: 28 (89%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry White View Post
Tamiya Shizuoka News – Castrol Honda Civic



The fifth generation Honda Civic (EG) was first released in 1991. It featured larger dimensions and a more aerodynamic body than its predessors.

About the Model
This is a 1:10 R/C assembly kit model of Team Castrol’s Honda Civic VTi which competed in the British National Saloon Car Cup in 1993.
Polycarbonate body captures the sporty form of the Civic.
The newly designed FF-03 chassis features horizontally-placed front-motor and front wheel drive 2WD setup.
Front-motor layout provides unique cornering characteristics specific to front wheel drive chassis.
Short reversible suspension arms with inboard front suspension setup.
Equipped with 1050 ball bearing specification uprights, front ball differential, and CVA shock units.
Medium narrow 5-Spoke white wheels included.
A wide variety of Option Parts is available for you to further customise your machine:
54230 FF-03 Stabilizer Set (Front & Rear)
54233 FF-03 Aluminium Diff Joint Set
54234 FF-03 Aluminium Spur Gear Mount
58467 1:10 R/C Castrol Honda CIVIC VTi (FF-03 Chassis)

Availability: June

this is going to piss off the guys trying to sell their Tamiya Honda Civic VTi bodyshells on ebay at jacked up prices... hehehehehehe
__________________
Racing is in my blood
Tommi Makkinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 06:23 AM   #79
Tech Master
 
NiMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Luton, England
Posts: 1,704
Default

Good to see it's the Castrol version they are selling with the kit this time around.
Last time it was that horrid dayglow pink Japanese markings thing, and the castrol was only available as an expensive option shell.

Would love to have the Opel (Chevy/Vauxhall/Holden) Vectra shell again, as I found that to suit the chassis the best, and was the only LWB version that could beat the many SWB Renault Clio's used in the Tamiya Cup.

Actually the Vauxhall version of the Vectra was called the Cavalier
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 09:16 AM   #80
Tech Elite
 
razzor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Durban, South Africa
Posts: 2,810
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMo View Post
Good to see it's the Castrol version they are selling with the kit this time around.
Last time it was that horrid dayglow pink Japanese markings thing, and the castrol was only available as an expensive option shell.

Would love to have the Opel (Chevy/Vauxhall/Holden) Vectra shell again, as I found that to suit the chassis the best, and was the only LWB version that could beat the many SWB Renault Clio's used in the Tamiya Cup.

Actually the Vauxhall version of the Vectra was called the Cavalier
beg to differ the Volvo 850 rocked the Vectra's locally
__________________
Casterracing ZX1.5R
casterracing EX-1 Pro, SP Silver Arrow
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 17.5, SP GT Pro 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 09:35 AM   #81
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Europe
Posts: 177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedemall View Post
x2!!! I have every release that came on the FF01 chassis and it would be great to be able to run those bodies again without fear of damaging them. I don't run any of them for fear of breaking the chassis parts either. One thing I do not miss was that JAACS decal set. Hands down has to be thee most difficult decal set ever by Tamiya. Took me a week to finish my Accord and even longer to finish my civic.

These come in a close second,wasn't fun but they came out badass.



That Toyota Exiv I like alot. Very nice. I think it was one of the most realistic of the mid 90's bodies Tamiya made.
For one year I've been thinking of buying a NIB FF-01 from ebay but they have always been so expensive. A month ago we said now the time feels right for a FF03 from Tamiya, and now it is here. And the FF03 seems more impressive than I would have expected.
moonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 09:37 AM   #82
Tech Master
 
NiMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Luton, England
Posts: 1,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzor View Post
beg to differ the Volvo 850 rocked the Vectra's locally
Is that indoor or outdoor?
I only raced it outdoor, and the 850 (like the Exiv) didn't like the fast bits
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 09:43 AM   #83
Tech Elite
 
razzor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Durban, South Africa
Posts: 2,810
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonman View Post
That Toyota Exiv I like alot. Very nice. I think it was one of the most realistic of the mid 90's bodies Tamiya made.
For one year I've been thinking of buying a NIB FF-01 from ebay but they have always been so expensive. A month ago we said now the time feels right for a FF03 from Tamiya, and now it is here. And the FF03 seems more impressive than I would have expected.
They where nice but not a favourite as many guys found the wheels to rub the front arches so you had to run the body a bit higher.
__________________
Casterracing ZX1.5R
casterracing EX-1 Pro, SP Silver Arrow
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 17.5, SP GT Pro 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 09:53 AM   #84
Tech Fanatic
 
colt1402's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 868
Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)
Default

May i ask what is the MOST ideal body to be use in coming new ff03? In term of look and aero handling...
__________________
*************************Addicted To RC*************************
colt1402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:05 AM   #85
Tech Master
 
alana07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: There
Posts: 1,814
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to alana07
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by colt1402 View Post
May i ask what is the MOST ideal body to be use in coming new ff03? In term of look and aero handling...
HK racers have been running the FF01/02 cars alot recently, the body of choice was the Honda Integra previously....but now East Coast Bodies Tuned has just release the Honda Civic Type R body, which is very nice...
__________________
没有最好,只有更好!!!
alana07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:15 AM   #86
Tech Fanatic
 
colt1402's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 868
Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alana07 View Post
HK racers have been running the FF01/02 cars alot recently, the body of choice was the Honda Integra previously....but now East Coast Bodies Tuned has just release the Honda Civic Type R body, which is very nice...
Tell me where to get the East Coast Bodies Tuned CTR boDy?! Can't seem too find any pictures online...
__________________
*************************Addicted To RC*************************
colt1402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:24 AM   #87
Tech Master
 
alana07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: There
Posts: 1,814
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to alana07
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by colt1402 View Post
Tell me where to get the East Coast Bodies Tuned CTR boDy?! Can't seem too find any pictures online...
maybe u can try East Coast's web site?
__________________
没有最好,只有更好!!!
alana07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:30 AM   #88
Tech Master
 
NiMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Luton, England
Posts: 1,704
Default

I have a Dodge 3 body already painted, but in need of a car to run it on.
Then their are the PF Mazda's, same with the East Coast ones.

Has to be a FWD shell for a FWD chassis. Correct?
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:08 PM   #89
Tech Elite
 
razzor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Durban, South Africa
Posts: 2,810
Default

Nimo we only race outdoor here in SA.
All this talk has motivated me to get all my FF01 chassis rebuilt. will hopefully finish them all tomorrow but will need to shop for some bodies .
__________________
Casterracing ZX1.5R
casterracing EX-1 Pro, SP Silver Arrow
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 17.5, SP GT Pro 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:26 PM   #90
Tech Master
 
NiMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Luton, England
Posts: 1,704
Default

Want to know which FWD I found the best, and lapped 2nd and 3rd twice on a twisty technical track at a National meeting?
(West London WLRC track to be precise)

Tamiya TA03F (FRP version) in front wheel drive mode only.
The roll bars made a huge difference on that car even though it was much heavier.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya Championship Series Neil Rabara Racing Forum 21258 Yesterday 07:49 PM
FWD TOURING CAR FORUM - Tamiya FF01, FF02, Yokomo YRF-2, Kyosho Mantis FF Mike Schumacher Electric On-Road 732 10-12-2017 03:34 PM
M03/M05's - The Aussie Mini Racing thread tony gray Australian Racing 5806 09-22-2017 04:06 PM
New Gen Front Wheel Drive Touring Cars (TAMIYA FF-03 PRO, T.O.P. Sabre FD) Rod M Australian Racing 34 06-11-2012 12:28 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:18 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net