Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Rules for 2010 ROAR Electric On-Road Paved Nats at NorCal Hobbies >

Rules for 2010 ROAR Electric On-Road Paved Nats at NorCal Hobbies

Rules for 2010 ROAR Electric On-Road Paved Nats at NorCal Hobbies

Old 04-06-2010, 08:38 PM
  #1  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (16)
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,379
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Rules for 2010 ROAR Electric On-Road Paved Nats at NorCal Hobbies

Just posted on ROAR. Now we know...In plenty of time...Thanks ROAR.

•April 6, 2010 – ROAR is happy to announced the 2010 Competition Classes to be contested at the 2010 ROAR Electric On-Road Paved National Championship. This years class structure will include a new concept in ROAR National Championship racing, The Sportsman Touring Car class that will use a named list of esc’s and 17.5 brushless motors to provide a fair and even playing field and the reduction in speeds ROAR members have been asking for. The traditional Stock division has been replaced by the Expert division and the Modified division has been replaced by the Open division. The classes to be contested will be as follows:
Sportsman TC
Expert TC (17.5)
Open TC
Expert 1/12th (17.5)
Open 1/12th
Expert World GT (13.5)

Sportsman Divisions will race using the ROAR Sportsman Participant National Guidelines (http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/...guidelines.pdf), ROAR approved 17.5 brushless motors and Sportsman approved esc list. The list will be compiled and posted for member use in the coming weeks.

Expert division will use ROAR approved motor winds as designated in the class list and open esc’s.

Open Divisions can use any 1:10 Class Motor Approved . All motors and batteries used must be published on the ROAR Products listing 14 Days prior to start of the event.

The 2010 ROAR On-Road National Championship is scheduled for August 5-8, 2010 Hosted by Nor Cal Hobbies (www.norcal-hobbies.com ) Union City, California USA.

Event Registration opens May 5, 2010. Registration can be done online at www.ROARracing.com
Still Bill is offline  
Old 04-06-2010, 08:55 PM
  #2  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (12)
 
XxRONNxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Northern California
Posts: 152
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I posted that a few minutes before you on rcracing Bill but good looking out.

Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
Just posted on ROAR. Now we know...In plenty of time...Thanks ROAR.

•April 6, 2010 – ROAR is happy to announced the 2010 Competition Classes to be contested at the 2010 ROAR Electric On-Road Paved National Championship. This years class structure will include a new concept in ROAR National Championship racing, The Sportsman Touring Car class that will use a named list of esc’s and 17.5 brushless motors to provide a fair and even playing field and the reduction in speeds ROAR members have been asking for. The traditional Stock division has been replaced by the Expert division and the Modified division has been replaced by the Open division. The classes to be contested will be as follows:
Sportsman TC
Expert TC (17.5)
Open TC
Expert 1/12th (17.5)
Open 1/12th
Expert World GT (13.5)

Sportsman Divisions will race using the ROAR Sportsman Participant National Guidelines (http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/...guidelines.pdf), ROAR approved 17.5 brushless motors and Sportsman approved esc list. The list will be compiled and posted for member use in the coming weeks.

Expert division will use ROAR approved motor winds as designated in the class list and open esc’s.

Open Divisions can use any 1:10 Class Motor Approved . All motors and batteries used must be published on the ROAR Products listing 14 Days prior to start of the event.

The 2010 ROAR On-Road National Championship is scheduled for August 5-8, 2010 Hosted by Nor Cal Hobbies (www.norcal-hobbies.com ) Union City, California USA.

Event Registration opens May 5, 2010. Registration can be done online at www.ROARracing.com
XxRONNxX is offline  
Old 04-06-2010, 09:02 PM
  #3  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (16)
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,379
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Good. I didn't need all the drama...
Still Bill is offline  
Old 04-06-2010, 10:30 PM
  #4  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (32)
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,267
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

These classes make a lot of sense to me.
syndr0me is offline  
Old 04-06-2010, 10:36 PM
  #5  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
WheelNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 3,211
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Those TC classes sound really good to me. Sportsman is a great addition. Plus mod, sorry, open is nice.
WheelNut is offline  
Old 04-06-2010, 11:00 PM
  #6  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
theisgroup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 3,191
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

way to go for the norcal boys looking at the current state of the hobby. i might have to find floor space at old man tim's place
theisgroup is offline  
Old 04-06-2010, 11:02 PM
  #7  
Tech Master
iTrader: (17)
 
Owen RaCing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mountain Valley
Posts: 1,940
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

I cant believe I am saying this, but...

Good Job Roar . Can't wait to run the nationals!
Owen RaCing is offline  
Old 04-06-2010, 11:03 PM
  #8  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (3)
 
tpczx6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Fremont CA
Posts: 878
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by theisgroup View Post
way to go for the norcal boys looking at the current state of the hobby. i might have to find floor space at old man tim's place
come on over but this is an outdoor race right?
tpczx6 is offline  
Old 04-06-2010, 11:06 PM
  #9  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (3)
 
tpczx6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Fremont CA
Posts: 878
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
Just posted on ROAR. Now we know...In plenty of time...Thanks ROAR.

•April 6, 2010 – ROAR is happy to announced the 2010 Competition Classes to be contested at the 2010 ROAR Electric On-Road Paved National Championship. This years class structure will include a new concept in ROAR National Championship racing, The Sportsman Touring Car class that will use a named list of esc’s and 17.5 brushless motors to provide a fair and even playing field and the reduction in speeds ROAR members have been asking for. The traditional Stock division has been replaced by the Expert division and the Modified division has been replaced by the Open division. The classes to be contested will be as follows:
Sportsman TC
Expert TC (17.5)
Open TC
Expert 1/12th (17.5)
Open 1/12th
Expert World GT (13.5)

Sportsman Divisions will race using the ROAR Sportsman Participant National Guidelines (http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/...guidelines.pdf), ROAR approved 17.5 brushless motors and Sportsman approved esc list. The list will be compiled and posted for member use in the coming weeks.

Expert division will use ROAR approved motor winds as designated in the class list and open esc’s.

Open Divisions can use any 1:10 Class Motor Approved . All motors and batteries used must be published on the ROAR Products listing 14 Days prior to start of the event.

The 2010 ROAR On-Road National Championship is scheduled for August 5-8, 2010 Hosted by Nor Cal Hobbies (www.norcal-hobbies.com ) Union City, California USA.

Event Registration opens May 5, 2010. Registration can be done online at www.ROARracing.com
So does this mean No 13.5 tc at all? only WGT has 13.5
tpczx6 is offline  
Old 04-06-2010, 11:11 PM
  #10  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
theisgroup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 3,191
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tpczx6 View Post
come on over but this is an outdoor race right?
it's just like carpet right? lol
theisgroup is offline  
Old 04-06-2010, 11:13 PM
  #11  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (30)
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,574
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Yes Timmy! No 13.5... SS is DEAD! Thank you Jesus!
Originally Posted by tpczx6 View Post
So does this mean No 13.5 tc at all? only WGT has 13.5
racenut123 is offline  
Old 04-06-2010, 11:17 PM
  #12  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
L.Fairtrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 3,782
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Welcome to guys like myself back to running 17.5. Way to go Roar.

Yes I will run mod too but I'm not coming to Cali to run one class.
L.Fairtrace is offline  
Old 04-06-2010, 11:30 PM
  #13  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (3)
 
tpczx6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Fremont CA
Posts: 878
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by racenut123 View Post
Yes Timmy! No 13.5... SS is DEAD! Thank you Jesus!
I guess I have a few 13.5 for sale then lol or I can play with the sprint car foor years now.
tpczx6 is offline  
Old 04-06-2010, 11:31 PM
  #14  
Tech Addict
 
Mini-Mod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Santa Rosa,CA
Posts: 578
Default

Same here. 17.5 is still slow to me, but that is why I'm running mod also.
Mini-Mod is offline  
Old 04-06-2010, 11:34 PM
  #15  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (16)
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,379
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by theisgroup View Post
it's just like carpet right? lol
BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGG rug...
Still Bill is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.