R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-06-2010, 05:04 PM   #76
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameover View Post
instead of teching part# on non-modifyable hardware (doable) or tech'ing software (almost impossible), it is expected to tech software and/or speedy settings? sorry i dunno the term that comes after ROFLCOPTER!!!

Is someone seriously going to sit there and check flashing lights or worse before every race? I can see guys sitting at home practicing how fast they can change their SPX speedy settings already...
At ROAR National Championship events tech is very thorough. Every car comes thru a pre race and post race tech and yes they will check the lights pre and post race for that class. It would be pretty obvious in any heat if one or two cars are boosting timing when everyone else is not. It's not a perfect solution but then again which solution is? At leas this one doesn't require racers to go out and buy a piece of equipment, esc, that they propably don't have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpczx6 View Post
So is the online sign up going up soon????
It should have been announced as 90 days prior to the first day of racing instead of practice. On line reg is set to open 5/7 at 12:01 AM
schurcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:15 PM   #77
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

so the new esc program flashes light and boosts for 2-3min(or entire race) then reverts to non boost flashing light coding, awesome
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:53 AM   #78
Company Representative
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Is it too soon to pat myself on the back for the blinking LED spec profile idea? I took a lot of *ish for it back in December!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/6732504-post1.html

I see an SPX on the list with no mention of what profile. Is the one with reverse timing free? Also, no mention of the GTB's Novak flashed with new firmware that added timing. You might ask them about that.

I have a feeling my SXX SS will be back in the car before long to prepare for some similar ESC rules for IIC. Interesting changes are afoot.
We have never sold GTBs with built-in, fixed timing; we programmed some team escs with timing, but those proto tests were not successful. The GTB processor lacks the capacity for complex, timing firmware.
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:40 PM   #79
Tech Adept

Thumbs up Listed motors

So Rueben, is the approved motor list coming soon or did I miss something? Chris S.
casrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:57 PM   #80
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by casrcr View Post
So Rueben, is the approved motor list coming soon or did I miss something? Chris S.
And what motor list was it that I was suposed to post

I must have missed something
Old 05-18-2010, 11:17 PM   #81
Tech Adept

Thumbs up motors?

It was my understanding that ROAR was coming out with a list of approved speedies and motors. If I'm in eror that's actually good news! Keeps things a little less complicated. Thanks for any info Ruben. (I spelled your name right this time)LOL Chris S.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:13 PM   #82
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by casrcr View Post
It was my understanding that ROAR was coming out with a list of approved speedies and motors. If I'm in eror that's actually good news! Keeps things a little less complicated. Thanks for any info Ruben. (I spelled your name right this time)LOL Chris S.
I believe the approved motors, are the ones that are on the list that has been in existence for years and is updated regularly. I believe the only requirement is that the motor has to be approved 2 weeks prior to the national event.

http://www.roarracing.org/?page_id=251
Old 05-19-2010, 05:20 PM   #83
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Thanks for the info.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:35 PM   #84
Tech Fanatic

casrcr ..... Tubaboy hs it right!!!!
Old 05-19-2010, 11:52 PM   #85
Tech Adept

Thumbs up motor timing?

Right on Ruben so tunable motor timing but no speedo timing, got it! Chris S.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:41 AM   #86
Tech Master

Hey Ruben,

With everyone having Lipo specific cars now (maybe AE is the only one not but I am sure it's coming) what is the possibility of lowering the weight limit?? Xray, Tamiya, Hot Bodies, TOP and our Evolution parts move the motor to the center, battery out and all that so my car is actually perfectly balanced at 1290g. BRCA has dropped to 1350g and I've heard that more of Europe could be planning to do the same. My main thought to this is the cost/hassle for racers to load this much lead or brass weights (like we are about to produce) onto their cars that really isn't needed.... Just curious what you and ROAR think as I know we've talked about this several times.

Thanks!! See you at the Reedy Race??
Old 05-20-2010, 08:46 AM   #87
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

How much of a difference does 70g make? I know lighter is better, but to what point?
Old 05-20-2010, 08:54 AM   #88
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul View Post
Hey Ruben,

With everyone having Lipo specific cars now (maybe AE is the only one not but I am sure it's coming) what is the possibility of lowering the weight limit?? Xray, Tamiya, Hot Bodies, TOP and our Evolution parts move the motor to the center, battery out and all that so my car is actually perfectly balanced at 1290g. BRCA has dropped to 1350g and I've heard that more of Europe could be planning to do the same. My main thought to this is the cost/hassle for racers to load this much lead or brass weights (like we are about to produce) onto their cars that really isn't needed.... Just curious what you and ROAR think as I know we've talked about this several times.

Thanks!! See you at the Reedy Race??
Josh ...... the best thing to do would be to get a hold of the Electric Section Chairman, Ron Schuur (sp???) and make the suggestion to him. The more info and facts you can give him to address with his committee the faster they can hash thru it. You can contact Ron via email or phone and his contact info is on the ROAR website. I do have some questions for you on this and we can talk at the Reedy or call me if you'd like. I won't be racing but I'll be there spectating and I don't want to hijack this thread. Saving money to move next month. See you in a couple of weeks.

Last edited by schurcr; 05-20-2010 at 09:06 AM.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:49 PM   #89
Tech Master

pakk - It will be easier on tires as far as wear goes plus the cars will drive better with more grip. Not to mention less weight behind impacts so less parts broken. Really, it makes a pretty big difference.

Ruben - No problem, talk to you at the Reedy!!
Old 05-21-2010, 05:46 AM   #90
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Bigger Brother

Josh - As far as I'm aware EFRA (European Federation) have set 2010 rules at 1350g for the European Championships, all national championships in Europe have followed, as has Scotty's ETS series. Also, last set of IFMAR rules I saw I think said 1350g too.