R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   2010 Reedy Race of Champions (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/386690-2010-reedy-race-champions.html)

E Vasutin 04-05-2010 04:35 PM

2010 Reedy Race of Champions

I am pleased to announce, on behalf of Kevin Jelich and myself, Nor-Cal Hobbies in Union City, California is to be the new home of The Reedy Race of Champions. The event will be held May 27-30. 2010

The decision for Nor-Cal Hobbies to be the new venue stems from a few factors; our facility, our experience, and our location.

We have the facility to pit 200 racers indoor as well as have ample parking. The asphalt surface is glass smooth, with spectacular grip. Track layouts are our specialty (I personally designed the original Reedy track - Ripon). Of course we offer an on-site, surface only, hobby shop.

Together, Kevin and I have 50 years experience in this sport, be it racing and business. Kevin has won this event, and I have a 2nd. We have 3 of the best race directors that could handle this event on their own. We have an amazing assembly of experienced and professional staff unselfishly dedicated to the future and enjoyment of our sport.

We're located in the middle of 3 major international airports. We're 25 minutes south of San Francisco. We have a shopping center with every major restaurant franchise represented and the host hotel all one mile from the track.

This event was just presented to us, yet we'll easily rise to the occasion to bring back the glory of the Reedy Race of Champions.

For now, look to norcal-hobbies.com/reedyrace for information. This site will be updated daily. Entries (and the form) will open tomorrow to the first 160 contestants.

Robs-Pics 04-05-2010 04:51 PM

Awesome news Eric. :nod::nod:

Wish I could be there to take some race pics...maybe I can make it down there...living in Portland right now.

skypilot 04-05-2010 04:57 PM

yes good news indeed, now I get to attend two major events there this year.

wad 04-05-2010 04:57 PM

Congrats Eric... You have been working really hard and deserve to have this race at your track.
I will try my best to make it....... Hope to see you there... :)

Big White 04-05-2010 05:12 PM

does anyone know how much the fee for the race will be???

Owen RaCing 04-05-2010 05:21 PM

If solaris tires are gonna be chosen, let's see the new spoked black rim versions as the spec tires. Not the white ones. :nod:

dal bains 04-05-2010 05:29 PM

Congrats to Eric, Kevin and the norcal crew......

JayL 04-05-2010 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing (Post 7233640)
If solaris tires are gonna be chosen, let's see the new spoked black rim versions as the spec tires. Not the white ones. :nod:

"if" lol

Marcos.J 04-05-2010 06:32 PM

:nod:

Originally Posted by Robs-Pics (Post 7233479)
Awesome news Eric. :nod::nod:

Wish I could be there to take some race pics...maybe I can make it down there...living in Portland right now.

didnt i banned you already?? quit making new accounts its just a matter of time before i find you:nod:

tutankhamen 04-05-2010 08:45 PM

Wow dude

Originally Posted by Marcos.J (Post 7233952)
:nod:

didnt i ban you already?? quit making new accounts its just a matter of time before i find you:nod:

I sure hope your kidding, cause nobody could be that much of a loser. :confused:

racenut123 04-05-2010 11:41 PM

As a moderator,maybe you could take this to PM Marco?

BlackedOutREVO 04-06-2010 12:10 AM

Racenut, will you be announcing the REEDY?

racenut123 04-06-2010 12:12 AM

I will be assisting with this.:D

Korey Harbke 04-06-2010 01:00 AM

Congrats Nor-Cal crew! I'm going to try my best to attend. I just need to convince the professors that this is a worth cause to leave for a week :sweat:

-Korey

artwork 04-06-2010 08:59 AM

This is great news and I am pumped for the race. I do have a quick question...

How many classes can one person sign up for? It seems the wording in the flier might be a little misunderstood..at least by me.

"One entry per person" kind of implies I can only run one class. It might be better to say. One entry form per person with a max of X entries.