Hot Bodies TCX

Old 07-10-2011, 05:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by littlealex
how will the fr blocks effect handling?
will the dcj fit stock c hub? how much would all these parts cost?
I'm not a HB driver, but I know the 'older' 44mm DCJ fit the TC's C-hubs without issues, and since the TCX's is the same as the TC, there shouldn't be any reason why they wouldn't work

I'd have to guess-timate, that the TCX ones will run about the same $40ish 1 DCJ

Figure the parts will probably be available in the US about 1-1/2 months after they are release in Japan...nothing new there - all the Japanese manufacturers do that...

Gotta remember, today is Sunday and its race day for a lot of drivers - just because the 'net is available on cell phone don't mean everyone is sitting in their pit checking out rctech in between runs..

Korey and Hiro have been very good with info - just give the guys some time to actually get on the thread
Old 07-10-2011, 05:38 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Fjeld
Why not? Think it is better to buy a new car full of option then spend much money on options.
these guys also run a lot of prototype parts...and nothing is ever definite on a prototype..

I'll give HB credit - if the part doesn't substantially improve performance/reliability, it don't get released...they don't release a new kit just because

and most of these parts are offered as 'tuning aids' not tuning necesitities - why sell a kit with a bunch of stuff that ain't necessary for 95% of the buyers? not everything on a pro's car is going to help the mr. saturday/sunday racer

plus - aren't the TC kits getting rediciously expensive already?? why add more parts to it and raise the price more? remember (maybe) when only xray had the $350+ race chassis? then tamiya snuck in the 415/416 - right now only AE, I believe, have a chassis that's inexpensive (sub-$400)...Do we really need another chassis that expensive?

TC is already hurting..why not make kits affordable, and release parts and let the racers decide what they need to add to make them better?
Old 07-10-2011, 07:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I use the whole unit, bones & Spindle. I had to shave the steel Yoke outdrives to make it fit properly & line up with the holes on the HB front spool.

Originally Posted by mazmo
Hey guys ... would appreciate any assistance with this.

Do I use the complete Yokomo driveshaft, or just the dog bone.

Thanks
Old 07-10-2011, 08:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by k_bojar
first off, huh???

2nd - define upgrade? you cannot take a cyclone/moore speed/hara/TC and turn it into a TCX

3rd - what is you car doing when you drive it to make you say your setup sucks..

4th - post your setup, lots of people can offer suggestions...what kind of conditions are you running on?
first off i know that u cant convert a cyclone tc to a TCX i wasnt speaking of it as a conversion kit i meant as far as buying the kit.

my setup doesnt suck it just sucked trying to get it right..it oversteered then understeered but as of last weekend i finnally got it right after almost 2 years but i think it was the tires... solaris hard compound on hot asphalt works perfect for me.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by k_bojar
these guys also run a lot of prototype parts...and nothing is ever definite on a prototype..

I'll give HB credit - if the part doesn't substantially improve performance/reliability, it don't get released...they don't release a new kit just because

and most of these parts are offered as 'tuning aids' not tuning necesitities - why sell a kit with a bunch of stuff that ain't necessary for 95% of the buyers? not everything on a pro's car is going to help the mr. saturday/sunday racer

plus - aren't the TC kits getting rediciously expensive already?? why add more parts to it and raise the price more? remember (maybe) when only xray had the $350+ race chassis? then tamiya snuck in the 415/416 - right now only AE, I believe, have a chassis that's inexpensive (sub-$400)...Do we really need another chassis that expensive?

TC is already hurting..why not make kits affordable, and release parts and let the racers decide what they need to add to make them better?
TRUE ish TC is hurting and kits and the electronics are killing this class for weekend racers like myself...i saw the new AE TC6 at my local hobby shop for 350 which is pretty good being that seeing a TC kit in my local shop is rare
Old 07-10-2011, 09:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Now this is funny!!!!
Old 07-10-2011, 10:38 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by DJGonzo69
Now this is funny!!!!
I take it, Hara was busting Marc's chops?

It is pretty funny
Old 07-10-2011, 10:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I've been busy with work and racing, so I haven't been on here quite as much as I normally am. Sorry about that.

Anyway, the wider FR blocks is something we played with on the cyclone TC as early as 2009. It isn't anything really THAT new on these cars. Normally we would take a typical tow block of the desired width, modify it as needed, and use it in place of the typical stock FR block. This widens the car out from the inner hinge pins, and usually put in combination with thinner hex's to maintain the same overall width. It changes the pivot points of the car, and that changes how several aspects of the suspension work together. The end result is a car that is flatter, more responsive upon entry into the corner, and a little more pushy coming out. It's just a tuning aid, and not something that is used in all conditions. The new blocks you see from the ETS pictures are just versions you DON'T have to modify to work correctly.

The narrower chassis has been discussed before. Just making a chassis narrower doesn't mean it's actually beneficial. HPI/HB has some of the most brilliant people in research and development. They test many different configurations, and materials to make a product that is truely amazing. They have yet to find a narrower chassis design that actually exceeds the performance of the stock chassis in ALL conditions. What you see the top drivers is testing different products to see if there is actually a real benefit to the design changes. Not everything you see is actually GOOD. Only products that are released have passed the stringent research and development process.

DCJ's will fit in the stock steering knuckles. I just assume the ones pictured are a 46mm version so they are friendly on the front end of the TCX . Despite them being non rebuildable, they are the highest quality double carden joint driveshafts I've come across. They are very durable.

And like others have said, most of the things released are just tuning aids. My car is pretty darn stock, and it serves me very well. I just have a gear diff in the back of mine and some different springs. Everything else is done from parts that came in the kit.

But with that said, there are come cool things coming. Just sit tight

-Korey
Old 07-11-2011, 05:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke

Come on... you just can't leave that hanging out there!! Do tell... or at least give us hints
Old 07-11-2011, 08:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks Korey for a great explanation.
In addition to that, i just wanted to let you know we are releasing those new parts below very soon.

#68758 ALUMINUM SERVO SPACER 1mm (2pcs)
#68759 UNIVERSAL AXLE PIN COVER (2pcs)
#68760 NARROW MAIN CHASSIS (2.5mm)
#68763 FRONT SHOCK TOWER (LOW MOUNT)
#68764 REAR SHOCK TOWER (LOW MOUNT)
#68765 SHOCK PISTON 3 HOLES (1.2mm/TEFLON/2pcs)
#68768 SHOCK PISTON 6 HOLES (1.1mm/TEFLON/2pcs)
#68769 SOLID AXLE LONG CUP (STEEL/2pcs)
#68712 UPPER DECK (2.5mm)
#68770 SOLID AXLE LONG CUP (POM/2pcs)
#68772 PIVOT BLOCK FR (+0.5 DEGREE)
#68773 PIVOT BLOCK FR (+1.0 DEGREE)
#68774 PIVOT BLOCK RF (+0.5 DEGREE)
#68775 PIVOT BLOCK RF (+1.0 DEGREE)
#68776 PIVOT BLOCK (3.5 DEGREES)
#68777 PIVOT BLOCK (4.0 DEGREES)
#68794 UNIVERSAL DRIVE SHAFT 46mm (STEEL/46mm/1pc)
#68796 FRONT SPINDLE/REAR HUB CARRIER SET

We are also working on some more stuffs to make the car even better. Stay tuned!
Old 07-11-2011, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
Like better parts availability? Personally, I'd like to see more stock available at the major online retailers. The LHS doesn't carry HB stuff anymore, so the only way I can get parts is to order online.

I understand the need to evolve the car, but I'll bet that most people would be more satisfied if parts were more readily available.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:52 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow
6 holes, really??? do you get ANY dampening with that many holes in the pistion?
Old 07-11-2011, 11:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow
Thanks Korey for a great explanation.
In addition to that, i just wanted to let you know we are releasing those new parts below very soon.

#68758 ALUMINUM SERVO SPACER 1mm (2pcs)
#68759 UNIVERSAL AXLE PIN COVER (2pcs)
#68760 NARROW MAIN CHASSIS (2.5mm)
#68763 FRONT SHOCK TOWER (LOW MOUNT)
#68764 REAR SHOCK TOWER (LOW MOUNT)
#68765 SHOCK PISTON 3 HOLES (1.2mm/TEFLON/2pcs)
#68769 SOLID AXLE LONG CUP (STEEL/2pcs)
#68712 UPPER DECK (2.5mm)
#68770 SOLID AXLE LONG CUP (POM/2pcs)
#68772 PIVOT BLOCK FR (+0.5 DEGREE)
#68773 PIVOT BLOCK FR (+1.0 DEGREE)
#68774 PIVOT BLOCK RF (+0.5 DEGREE)
#68775 PIVOT BLOCK RF (+1.0 DEGREE)
#68776 PIVOT BLOCK (3.5 DEGREES)
#68777 PIVOT BLOCK (4.0 DEGREES)
#68794 UNIVERSAL DRIVE SHAFT 46mm (STEEL/46mm/1pc)
#68796 FRONT SPINDLE/REAR HUB CARRIER SET

We are also working on some more stuffs to make the car even better. Stay tuned!
Hiro san. Is that a totally new chassis?? And what's the difference between the original?
Old 07-11-2011, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

I've running the TCX for a few months now and even with a stock wide chassis I find it rarely scrub the chassis thru turns....only part that even looks scuffed is the rear...but would I definitely get the Narrow chassis...I"m sure it will look very nice.

Quick question for anyone willing to help..
Gear diff.....what weight diff oilis producing the best corner entry and exit results?
Old 07-11-2011, 11:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Should be narrower and a different cutout design I would thinkm I have not seem the final version.

-Korey

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.