Hot Bodies TCX

Old 03-07-2011, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Robertcooper88
Has anyone put the Spec-R gear diff in the front yet? Did you need a longer belt?
I do have one more gear diff that I m going to put up front. Looking at how it fits the rear, I dont think we need to use different length front belt.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Robertcooper88
Has anyone put the Spec-R gear diff in the front yet? Did you need a longer belt?
the spec-r diff made for the TCX doesn't require a longer belt - matter of fact, the belt on the TCX is the largest HB makes ...Plus the diff is the same diameter as the stock/pro-diff pulleys

I fit my gear diff in my TC (not TCX - those diffs aren't in yet) and the belt was fine...when my 2nd set of gear diffs come in, those are going into the TCX - got a race where I need my TC, so that gets the gear diffs first

Last edited by k_bojar; 03-08-2011 at 07:51 AM.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I ran a gear diff in the front of my TCX to try. Just remember you need some blades to fit the outdrives.
But to answer your question, the standard belt will work. You will just need to loosen up the tension a little.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Arrowmax released option parts for Cyclone
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies TCX-am-010004.jpg  
Old 03-08-2011, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
Arrowmax released option parts for Cyclone
Will they fit the stock spool on the TCX?
Old 03-08-2011, 07:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by san.
Will they fit the stock spool on the TCX?
actually, the better question - are they 46mm or 44mm since the tag says TC, not TCX
Old 03-08-2011, 07:54 AM
Tech Adept

Default High grip carpet setup!!

Hey,

Has anyone got a good carpet setup sheet for a wide and open very grippy indoor track?

any help would be appreciated?
Old 03-08-2011, 08:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Now Available: TCX Gear Diff.
Model: SPR009-HB

If anybody needs order assistance or tech support please email me at us_support@rcatomic[dot]com
Old 03-08-2011, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by k_bojar
actually, the better question - are they 46mm or 44mm since the tag says TC, not TCX
Well, since they are DCJ based, the shafts will not be close to the above lengths. Hence, I'm concerned about them fitting on the stock TCX spool.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Any one here using HB's DCJs? Does it eliminate chatter completely? Coz I took the plunge with Litemodz and it was a a mistake. They work in concept but not in the real world. The main downside is ease of assembly which leads to ease of maintenance, the design uses a spring loaded clip which snaps in place and it's designed to sit just a wee bit out of the groove and this is the flaw. See they had hoped that the clip would sit there as designed but after a run or two the clip snaps COMPLETELY into the grove making it impossible to remove. It's hard to describe but someone else that tried them before will know and hopefully can shine in with a better explanation. Also I'm aware that I'll need the One Way set thingo to make it work but I also have a question about it, you can make it a spool right? By sliding in the two cross pins and the O ring on top?

Thanks
Old 03-08-2011, 09:10 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by unknownmember
Any one here using HB's DCJs? Does it eliminate chatter completely? Coz I took the plunge with Litemodz and it was a a mistake. They work in concept but not in the real world. The main downside is ease of assembly which leads to ease of maintenance, the design uses a spring loaded clip which snaps in place and it's designed to sit just a wee bit out of the groove and this is the flaw. See they had hoped that the clip would sit there as designed but after a run or two the clip snaps COMPLETELY into the grove making it impossible to remove. It's hard to describe but someone else that tried them before will know and hopefully can shine in with a better explanation. Also I'm aware that I'll need the One Way set thingo to make it work but I also have a question about it, you can make it a spool right? By sliding in the two cross pins and the O ring on top?

Thanks
http://www.hotbodiesonline.com/products/en/68720.html

And yes, you can make it a spool by sliding in two cross pin and the O-ring on top.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by unknownmember

Thanks
Yes and yes. You will be able to configure the One Way as a spool/solid.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

EJ20's ninja post.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by olhipster1
i just wanted to give an update on the Pro 4 arms...
I put on the High Traction Pro4 Arms...
and wow...the car had so much more steering..it was great.
and to top it off...
the arms so much more durable...
finally a weekend without breaking one single thing.

I recommend to everyone to put the arms on the car.
The lower shock mounting holes line perfectly to shock position 2 & 4 on the current arms.

This arms fit front and rear on TCX ?

thanks
Old 03-08-2011, 11:59 AM
2xs
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tabushi
This arms fit front and rear on TCX ?

thanks
Yes. I have switched both of my Cyclones and my TCX over to these arms. I did not use all of the tuning options of the kit arms so these work just fine for me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.