Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 11:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default bellcrank bearing

looks like the bearing is
same as the diff bearing.

5x8x2.5 (hb b020)

just measured up an Xray bearing to the post.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MYM Racing
Hi guys. Thanks for keeping up this thread. I have a 2nd hand TCX and one of the steering arms is missing a bearing. Does anybody knows the size of this bearing? I was trying to put a new bearing instead of buying the whole set. Is in backorder wherever I try to buy it.

Thanks for your help in advance.
The TCX steering rack uses a 4x7x2.5mm non-flanged bearing. I measured a bearing in a spare rack just to make sure.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShaunMac
The TCX steering rack uses a 4x7x2.5mm non-flanged bearing. I measured a bearing in a spare rack just to make sure.
thanks for the update....
I measured out a Xray bearing to crank...it appeared to match...
but I will try 4x7x2.5 mm....
there are few options...I know traxxas part 5124 is the same size
Old 11-04-2013, 02:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks ShaunMac and olhipster1.

I have b020 at home. Gonna try it and if it doesn't fit I'll get the 4x7x2.5.

I'll come back with the results.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Ok. I tried b020 and it is bigger inside and out. I will get a 4x7x2.5 to try. If not I'll buy the tcxx arms.

Thanks for your help.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:53 AM
Tech Rookie

So the bearing size is 4x7x2.5. Thanks olhipster1 for finding it for me.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

anyone know if there's a floating servo mount option available for the TCX?? I know Roche makes one for the TCXX, but not sure if it'll fit the TCX
Old 11-13-2013, 07:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by k_bojar
anyone know if there's a floating servo mount option available for the TCX?? I know Roche makes one for the TCXX, but not sure if it'll fit the TCX
you can go to fast-webshop.com tonisport it should fit the tcx
Old 11-13-2013, 07:22 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tc3 racer sc
you can go to fast-webshop.com tonisport it should fit the tcx
thanks, but unfortunately its out of stock at both tonisport and roche's sites

does it require an extra hole drilled in the chassis?
Old 11-17-2013, 06:26 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Gear diffs and short dcjs...

Hi, I just started racing a TCX, and it's fantastic! I just would like to put a gear diff in the back and retain the spool up front. I got a pair of 44mm dcjs with the car and would like to use them. I tried the longer HB POM outdrives and spec-r white ones but found them both unreliable. I was trying to find HB part 68769 long steel outdrives but they've not been in stock for ever. I would just like to know;

a) Which is the best Gear Diff to get, HB or SpecR and can I use the standard TCX driveshafts on the rear with each?

b) Is there a spool option or an outdrive option so I can use my short dcjs?

Thanks
Old 11-17-2013, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by stubaxle
Hi, I just started racing a TCX, and it's fantastic! I just would like to put a gear diff in the back and retain the spool up front. I got a pair of 44mm dcjs with the car and would like to use them. I tried the longer HB POM outdrives and spec-r white ones but found them both unreliable. I was trying to find HB part 68769 long steel outdrives but they've not been in stock for ever. I would just like to know;

a) Which is the best Gear Diff to get, HB or SpecR and can I use the standard TCX driveshafts on the rear with each?

b) Is there a spool option or an outdrive option so I can use my short dcjs?

Thanks
Get the HB gear diff. HB diff is spot on right out of the package. No voodoo required to prevent leaks. And yes the TCX 44mm driveshafts will work with the appropriate blade installed. The HB diff comes with blades that work on TCX(2.4mm pin) and TCXX(2mm pin) driveshafts.

As far as the spool goes. I have been using a Spec-R gear diff with a Spec-R locker installed as a spool. The HB spool, even with the long outdrives isn't optimal. The shorter 44mm driveshafts can pop out during suspension compression. Especially, if you're running the wider pivot blocks. The Spec-R unit is about a MM or so wider and it uses blades which help keep the driveshaft from popping out. It is heavier than the HB spool, but at least the driveshafts won't come out.

We need longer outdrives for the spool or longer DCJ driveshafts to fix the issue.

Perhaps someone else will chime in with a more viable spool solution.
Old 11-17-2013, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Try Arrowmax RC. They have option parts for the TCX/TCXX including a floating servo mount.

You will have to drill a hole to mount it on the HB TCX or TCXX chassis. The Arrowmax chassis has the hole already drilled if you're in the market for a new chassis.
Old 11-17-2013, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Try Arrowmax RC. They have option parts for the TCX/TCXX including a floating servo mount.

You will have to drill a hole to mount it on the HB TCX or TCXX chassis. The Arrowmax chassis has the hole already drilled if you're in the market for a new chassis.
And Smokem has one as well I believe.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:07 AM
Tech Champion

will tcx bulkheads and such fit the arrowmax chassis?
Old 11-18-2013, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

will tcx bulkheads and such fit the arrowmax chassis?
Yes. The TCX and TCXX bulkheads are the same. Everything on the TCX will bolt right on.

The steering racks are different though. The holes on the TCXX chassis are positioned 2mm back compared to the TCX. The TCXX uses a +2mm bellcrank design for more throw and smoother ackerman change. You can still use your TCX rack on the TCXX chassis. It will just be positioned 2mm back and you will need to add a 2mm shim to get the ackerman back to what it was on the TCX.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.