Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies TCX

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Questions??

Could somebody tell me if the composite bumper of T3 could fit on TCX chassis?
Then, if T3 foam bumper could fit on Cyclone's original composite bumper?

Best regards
Old 08-10-2012, 09:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

http://banzaihobby.com/radio-control...ay-t3?cPath=18.
http://www.exotekracing.com/tcx-cyclone-bumper-brace/
tcx bumper should fit t3 with tcx. seems tcx cyclone bumper are interchangeable.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Any news about new tcxx?
Old 08-15-2012, 06:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by artdizain
Any news about new tcxx?

http://www.hpiracing.com/press/68299.html

Press release and photos
Old 08-16-2012, 12:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by willbe
Seriously, are they still making a chassis with a stupid servo lug stuck out the side? The kit better come with a dremel and Shoe Goo in that case...

Alloy front shafts and steel rear, the opposite of what most people would choose to run.

And the motor moved back out, which seems like a backwards step. Unless you spend more money and convert it back to a TCX mount.

Overall, a bit disappointing compared to the new BD7 which looks like sex on a plate.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:54 AM
Bar
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

did anybody else notice the prices on the press release, seems expensive $999 MSRP 499.99 MAP ouch?
Old 08-16-2012, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

Stomer Hobbies will be selling it for $449.95

http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...ns&pn=HOT68299
Old 08-16-2012, 11:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by daleburr
Seriously, are they still making a chassis with a stupid servo lug stuck out the side? The kit better come with a dremel and Shoe Goo in that case...

Alloy front shafts and steel rear, the opposite of what most people would choose to run.

And the motor moved back out, which seems like a backwards step. Unless you spend more money and convert it back to a TCX mount.

Overall, a bit disappointing compared to the new BD7 which looks like sex on a plate.
Have to agree regarding the shafts - what are they thinking, everyone who bought the TCX found very quickly that alloy front shafts were next to useless and a quick look on this thread shows the desperate search for steel shafts soon after the launch
Old 08-17-2012, 12:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Barry_Hughes
Have to agree regarding the shafts - what are they thinking, everyone who bought the TCX found very quickly that alloy front shafts were next to useless and a quick look on this thread shows the desperate search for steel shafts soon after the launch
Our team including my self almost always use the steel drive shafts in rear and aluminum shafts in front unless we use the DCJ's. The steel shafts that comes with the tcxx are super thin and weigh the same as aluminum one while they still provide the durability.

Tcxx kit spec is that pretty much what our team spec. You won't be disappointed with what you get.

Thanks.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

when and where can I get this car?
Old 08-17-2012, 05:17 AM
Tech Initiate

I concur about the driveshafts - the aluminium driveshafts in the front are complete rubbish if you actually want them to last any time at all in normal use. If the HB team refuses to acknowledge that the front aluminium driveshafts are rubbish then why the hell have they changed the rears from aluminium, which where perfectly fine, to steel? Perhaps just to infuriate us!
Old 08-17-2012, 01:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

The best thing would be to use the HPI Pro-d driveshafts instead of the aluminium ones instead of having to buy them as an option part
Old 08-18-2012, 12:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I am not good enough to tell if there is any performance difference with the aluminum driveshafts. But I do see the difference in wear and tear and I would need to replace them after a certain amount of runs. It took a good amount of money to keep replacing them at $10 a piece.

lol. Im still running the same 44mm steel driveshafts for the past 3 years with minimal wear and tear.

IMO they just use aluminum because there are so many spares with us fans buying steel driveshafts.

It would have been acceptable if the front was steel and rear was aluminum, not the other way around

I still love the brand and car and will most definatly replace my TCX with this new car eventhough it has some weird design flaws.

out of curiosity why does the rear have split inner mounts and the front has a single piece?
Old 08-18-2012, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goots
...I still love the brand and car and will most definatly replace my TCX with this new car eventhough it has some weird design flaws. out of curiosity why does the rear have split inner mounts and the front has a single piece?
I'm not sure what you are interpeting to be a design flaw??? I can tell you that I had the chance to take this car for a few laps on the rug in the beginning of the year and on asphalt a couple of months ago and I assure you it's not flawed in any way As I'm sure you are already aware split mounts in the rear generate more rear traction. My thought is that it was decided to have them in the rear only due to the overall setup balance of the car being better. I'd have to imagine that you can run them in the front as well if needed Keep in mind to that the majority of the high end cars don't come with any split mounts at all except the VBC car, so that fact that the TCXX comes with at least a pair I believe it to be a nice option.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
I'm not sure what you are interpeting to be a design flaw??? I can tell you that I had the chance to take this car for a few laps on the rug in the beginning of the year and on asphalt a couple of months ago and I assure you it's not flawed in any way As I'm sure you are already aware split mounts in the rear generate more rear traction. My thought is that it was decided to have them in the rear only due to the overall setup balance of the car being better. I'd have to imagine that you can run them in the front as well if needed Keep in mind to that the majority of the high end cars don't come with any split mounts at all except the VBC car, so that fact that the TCXX comes with at least a pair I believe it to be a nice option.
x1000. I was given a chance to drive it as well.

They left the front aluminum drive shaft for performance purposes. You ask how I know this? I race with Hiro-san almost every two weeks.

I honestly think if they were given the option to what to include in the kit, they would most likely choose the DCJs over the aluminum ones. Unfortunately, they want to keep the kit cost down.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.