Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies TCX

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 03:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Anyone with an Arrowmax AM-010004 ECS for TCX have a moment and able to take some picture of the ECS (installed). I just want to see how close the ECS from hitting the caster block and how long the axle sticking out since one bearing is a little bit thiner.

Thanks
Old 04-15-2012, 02:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Arrowmax

I run the arrowmax if you don't run the smaller bearing it hits the c hub so you have to run this bearing.. Which pushes the drive shaft out further so you need to shim between the pin/hex and the outer bearing. I always run 0.5mm spacers on the front so it work for me. I gather you could dermal a bit if you don't want to run this bearing..
Old 04-19-2012, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

New Spec-R C.V. Universal Swing Shaft for TCX is available at TQ.

TCX Parts Store

FYI, Thanks.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by spring71
New Spec-R C.V. Universal Swing Shaft for TCX is available at TQ.

FYI, Thanks.
What is the length of the driveshafts?
Kojot
Old 04-20-2012, 07:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kojot
What is the length of the driveshafts?
Kojot
46mm.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks.
Kojot
Old 04-22-2012, 10:56 PM
Tech Initiate

quick question here. . . are spec r geardiffs for tcx compatible with the cyclone TC?

tried to search for the answer here but. . . couldn't find any

thanks
Old 04-22-2012, 11:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chardiboi
quick question here. . . are spec r geardiffs for tcx compatible with the cyclone TC?

thanks
No they are not.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chardiboi

thanks
Originally Posted by Gtr r34 m-spec
No they are not.
actually they WILL work in a cyclone TC. I did it in mine - search for my name in the cyclone thread and you'll see pics of how I had to get mine.

you will need a ton of shims and different inner diameter bearings to make it work properly...I believe i has 20ish shims on each since of the diff in mine to get it spaced correctly with the belts - however, using all those shims make the diff not ride on the bearings correcly (hence the reason for a smaller inner diameter bearing)

so, they WILL work, you'll just need some trial and error to get them mounted correctly...
Old 04-25-2012, 12:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Does anyone have the official word on when the new kit/update is coming out, pictures or links to any sites that give any info on it at all ? Heard a while ago it was meant to be in May....need to buy a new car as mine is almost 2 years old now so holding out till this one gets released.

Cheers
Old 04-25-2012, 05:18 AM
Tech Master

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by k_bojar
actually they WILL work in a cyclone TC. I did it in mine - search for my name in the cyclone thread and you'll see pics of how I had to get mine.

you will need a ton of shims and different inner diameter bearings to make it work properly...I believe i has 20ish shims on each since of the diff in mine to get it spaced correctly with the belts - however, using all those shims make the diff not ride on the bearings correcly (hence the reason for a smaller inner diameter bearing)

so, they WILL work, you'll just need some trial and error to get them mounted correctly...
In fact mine Cyclone TC is using Sakura's gear diff, with so many shims and also with delrin diff ring.
You could not avoid using many shims with a discontinued car, since diff is from another car.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jo90uk
Does anyone have the official word on when the new kit/update is coming out, pictures or links to any sites that give any info on it at all ? Heard a while ago it was meant to be in May....need to buy a new car as mine is almost 2 years old now so holding out till this one gets released.

Cheers
http://www.hpieurope.com/news.php?la...sue=2012040301

You can see the new chassis plate there, Its the same one as the one they where using at TITC, but instead of the cutouts and 2.5mm, It has no cutouts and 2.25mm. Andy believes this was the right way to go. Pictured is also the new top deck plus all the other goodies. After more testing I have stuck with that top deck, seemed to be easiest to drive and give me the best lap times overall.

Last week I bettered my own track record by 5 seconds, and took .2 off my best lap. The car just keeps getting better! Cant wait till the new kit is released along with the other new goodies. Ill upload some pictures of my car if i get time over teh next few days.

Cheers,

Antoni
Old 04-26-2012, 02:47 AM
frk
Tech Rookie

Smile Side thicknesses of the blocks (rear arms)

Hello Guys,
just a question for all…
In my TCX setups which criterion decide the type of thickness to put at the sides of graphite blocks on rear suspension shaft ? Only in relation at wheelbase ----- ? which effects are produced with the displacement of the thicknesses ?

Thanks
Old 04-30-2012, 01:37 PM
Tech Regular

what adjustments are recommended after fitting the lower shock towers?

I ask because fitted both front & rear on my TCX and the suspension seems softer. Anyone else found this?

Currently running 3 hole 1.1 hole pistons 35w oil all round, have had to go up a rate to gold front/pink rear springs instead of the more usual pink/silver combination.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Barry_Hughes
what adjustments are recommended after fitting the lower shock towers?

I ask because fitted both front & rear on my TCX and the suspension seems softer. Anyone else found this?

Currently running 3 hole 1.1 hole pistons 35w oil all round, have had to go up a rate to gold front/pink rear springs instead of the more usual pink/silver combination.
Hi Barry
Ive been runing the lower towers for indoors and wlrc, with silver silver springs amd 400m oil front and rear, maybe you shoukd try heavier oil,;as not sure what make you are running. i also run 3 hole 1.2 which make for a smoother pack

cheers Makc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.