Hot Bodies TCX

Old 08-10-2010, 07:17 PM
  #481  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,721
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow
Hello everyone,

As you might already know, HB factory team driver Ty Tessmann did excellent job at the ROAR paved on-road nationals this past weekend. I just wanted to share the setup with all of you guys.

Here you go.
Please let me know if you have any questions!
I got a question for ya!!!!!...How can I get a "Hiro" in my back pocket so that I can be a hero Nice work to you and your team
Fred Hubbard is offline  
Old 08-10-2010, 08:48 PM
  #482  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
chinamonkey7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: F.L.
Posts: 671
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Never got the chance to say it in person, Congrat to TY for the strong finish in the final, he display an amazing driving. If he keep this up, he could be faster than Hara. But this I could say for sure, Hiro did a amazing job coming up with the setup, The TCX is an "GOOD" car, and TY just proof it this weekend.

Felix Law
chinamonkey7 is offline  
Old 08-10-2010, 09:11 PM
  #483  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 990
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Thanks Fred, Felix for your kind words.

I would also like to big thank to all HB team drivers for making the weekend so great!

Best regards,
Hi-LowBlow is offline  
Old 08-10-2010, 09:15 PM
  #484  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 990
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by san.
Any spacers under the front sway bar ball studs?
Yes, there was a 2mm shim under the ball studs.
We also tried the 3mm shims on rear sway bar rods in Q3. It was good too but overall Ty ran no sway bar in the rear.

Thanks,
Hi-LowBlow is offline  
Old 08-10-2010, 09:16 PM
  #485  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 753
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Congrats to TY & HB Crew!
-John
DJGonzo69 is offline  
Old 08-11-2010, 05:08 AM
  #486  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (61)
 
san.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,581
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow
Yes, there was a 2mm shim under the ball studs.
We also tried the 3mm shims on rear sway bar rods in Q3. It was good too but overall Ty ran no sway bar in the rear.

Thanks,
One last question. What were the top plate settings: Stiffest, Softess, Front or Rear Stiff, etc?

I noticed the setup sheet doesn't have an option to show this particular setting. Maybe it can get revised to record this setting?
san. is offline  
Old 08-11-2010, 09:51 AM
  #487  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 990
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by san.
One last question. What were the top plate settings: Stiffest, Softess, Front or Rear Stiff, etc?

I noticed the setup sheet doesn't have an option to show this particular setting. Maybe it can get revised to record this setting?
Hello,

Ty ran with all screws on the top deck.
I will see what i can do for the top deck flex adjustment on the setup sheet.

Thanks,
Hi-LowBlow is offline  
Old 08-11-2010, 09:56 AM
  #488  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (61)
 
san.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,581
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow
Hello,

Ty ran with all screws on the top deck.
I will see what i can do for the top deck flex adjustment on the setup sheet.

Thanks,
You Sir, are the man!
san. is offline  
Old 08-11-2010, 10:20 AM
  #489  
Tech Regular
 
Barry_Hughes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Ipswich, England
Posts: 468
Default

I note on Ty's set up the spacers for ackermann effect have been removed, what is the effect of removing these?
Barry_Hughes is offline  
Old 08-11-2010, 05:15 PM
  #490  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 990
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Barry_Hughes
I note on Ty's set up the spacers for ackermann effect have been removed, what is the effect of removing these?
Taking out some spacers on the crank gets less ackerman. We tried many different but 0 spacer was the best this time. Please note that this adjustment also depends on what kind of front arm sweep you have on the car.

Thanks,
Hi-LowBlow is offline  
Old 08-11-2010, 05:43 PM
  #491  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 296
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

What's the fastest/easiest way to get at and change the ackerman spacers?
g26er is offline  
Old 08-11-2010, 06:16 PM
  #492  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Woodinville, WA
Posts: 2,567
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow
Taking out some spacers on the crank gets less ackerman. We tried many different but 0 spacer was the best this time. Please note that this adjustment also depends on what kind of front arm sweep you have on the car.

Thanks,
Do you think that's because it was a large, fast, sweeping track layout?

-Mike
grippgoat is offline  
Old 08-11-2010, 06:24 PM
  #493  
Tech Master
iTrader: (17)
 
Owen RaCing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mountain Valley
Posts: 1,940
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by grippgoat
Do you think that's because it was a large, fast, sweeping track layout?

-Mike
I know people that ran only enough screws to keep the top deck on there car at norcal.
Owen RaCing is offline  
Old 08-11-2010, 09:07 PM
  #494  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (32)
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 9,988
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by grippgoat
Do you think that's because it was a large, fast, sweeping track layout?

-Mike
That layout wasn't sweeping compared to previous designs they had there!
STLNLST is offline  
Old 08-12-2010, 01:37 PM
  #495  
Tech Regular
 
Barry_Hughes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Ipswich, England
Posts: 468
Default

Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow
Taking out some spacers on the crank gets less ackerman. We tried many different but 0 spacer was the best this time. Please note that this adjustment also depends on what kind of front arm sweep you have on the car.

Thanks,
Thanks for the reply
Barry_Hughes is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.