Hot Bodies TCX

Reply

Old 10-03-2011, 06:55 AM
  #3721  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
Dog Bone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 1,411
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by AGNO View Post
Very disappointed...

Attachment 815725

Used with 44mm DCJ and 17.5 DCJ booster, unfortunately, DCJ are still short, the new out drives are useless .
We need 46mm DCJ .
Those bent bits of steel were these

http://hotbodiesonline.com/products/en/68769.html

???

Really? If a 17.5 can do that, what will a 13.5 do? What will a lower turn motor do?
Dog Bone is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:19 AM
  #3722  
Tech Addict
 
AGNO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Firenze Italy
Posts: 609
Default

Originally Posted by Dog Bone View Post
Those bent bits of steel were these

http://hotbodiesonline.com/products/en/68769.html

???

Really? If a 17.5 can do that, what will a 13.5 do? What will a lower turn motor do?
Yes, are those, and the engine was an old Novak SSpro 17.5
AGNO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:05 AM
  #3723  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
hi-tech-redneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: hanford ca.
Posts: 136
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default in stock

att. the part i've been waiting for is finally in stock at the hot bodies website=68796 front spindle/rear hub carrier,of course i announce it after i made my order!
hi-tech-redneck is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:42 AM
  #3724  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
jag88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,075
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by AGNO View Post
Very disappointed...

Attachment 815725

Used with 44mm DCJ and 17.5 DCJ booster, unfortunately, DCJ are still short, the new out drives are useless .
We need 46mm DCJ .


WOW ! What did you hit and how many times did you hit it ?

46mm DCJs would be great.
jag88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:16 AM
  #3725  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
Dog Bone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 1,411
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by AGNO View Post
Yes, are those, and the engine was an old Novak SSpro 17.5
If that damage occurred simply due to engine torque, then yes, those out drives are completely useless.

Wonderful.
Dog Bone is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:38 AM
  #3726  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (15)
 
masterhit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dog Bone View Post
If that damage occurred simply due to engine torque, then yes, those out drives are completely useless.

Wonderful.
I have about 20 runs on mine with the 44mm DCJ with zero issues and barely any wear. I have ran both 17.5, and 17.5 boosted on a tight mid-west 4"x4" & PVC good bite carpet track.... And I have definitely had some scary hits!

In fact, here is last weeks main, my car is the purple/pink/green...

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.


Mike Slaughter
masterhit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:38 AM
  #3727  
Tech Addict
 
AGNO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Firenze Italy
Posts: 609
Default

Originally Posted by Dog Bone View Post
If that damage occurred simply due to engine torque, then yes, those out drives are completely useless.

Wonderful.
I do not think depends on the torque, I think depends on the brakes, I used FR +1 and with this configuration the head of shaft works very on the edge of out drive, when braking, the suspension is compressed and the head of shaft escapes and breaks the out drive...

I'm not a super driver, but I drive pretty well, I have not given us great shots

However, for me the best solution would be to DCJ 46mm

Sorry for my bad English

Last edited by AGNO; 10-03-2011 at 11:54 AM.
AGNO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:26 PM
  #3728  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
jag88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,075
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by AGNO View Post
I do not think depends on the torque, I think depends on the brakes, I used FR +1 and with this configuration the head of shaft works very on the edge of out drive, when braking, the suspension is compressed and the head of shaft escapes and breaks the out drive...

I'm not a super driver, but I drive pretty well, I have not given us great shots

However, for me the best solution would be to DCJ 46mm

Sorry for my bad English


Put about 3mm of spacers on the shock shaft on the OUTSIDE of the shock. This will limit the amount of compression and keep the dog bones and blades from pulling out while still allowing the car to roll.

46mm DCJs are still the correct answer to this problem.
jag88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:00 PM
  #3729  
Tech Addict
 
AGNO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Firenze Italy
Posts: 609
Default

Originally Posted by jag88 View Post
Put about 3mm of spacers on the shock shaft on the OUTSIDE of the shock. This will limit the amount of compression and keep the dog bones and blades from pulling out while still allowing the car to roll.

46mm DCJs are still the correct answer to this problem.
Up stop in the shock of could be a good idea...
The only trouble-free use of DCJ, I've had with the differential Spec-R also excellent used as a spool with the appropriate conversion.

Hot Bodies TCX-torri-ant.jpg Hot Bodies TCX-spool-spec-r.jpg
AGNO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:34 PM
  #3730  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (15)
 
masterhit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by AGNO View Post
I do not think depends on the torque, I think depends on the brakes, I used FR +1 and with this configuration the head of shaft works very on the edge of out drive, when braking, the suspension is compressed and the head of shaft escapes and breaks the out drive...
Ah! I can definitely see how that could be a problem with the +1 blocks.

I was getting ready to try the + blocks this coming weekend, thanks for the information!

At one point they mentioned 46mm DCJs. I wonder if they are still coming?

Mike Slaughter
masterhit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:35 PM
  #3731  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (63)
 
LOSI123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Gold Coast-Australia
Posts: 2,616
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)
Default

Does the TCX come with steel front spool outdrives? or POM plastic as the website says.
LOSI123 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:32 PM
  #3732  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
Dog Bone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 1,411
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by LOSI123 View Post
Does the TCX come with steel front spool outdrives? or POM plastic as the website says.
Mine came with steel.
Dog Bone is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:39 PM
  #3733  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (13)
 
Korey Harbke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 6,162
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by LOSI123 View Post
Does the TCX come with steel front spool outdrives? or POM plastic as the website says.
It's a typo. They come with Steel outdrives that are pretty solid. The broken set just shown is the first I've seen of the new ones. I've been running the extended POM outdrives and noticed they seem much more durable than they previously were in the shorter versions (not sure why).

I do remember a few years ago at the ROAR paved nationals I had a problem running DCJ's, wider blocks and lots of sweep on the cyclone TC. I broke a set of the steel outdrives and made everyone go OOOOOO and AHHHHH at my part shattering capabilities . I ended up taking the DCJ's out and running normal universals and the issue never came up again. At this time we didn't have the extended outdrives though.

-Korey
Korey Harbke is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:48 AM
  #3734  
Tech Master
iTrader: (20)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,238
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by AGNO View Post
Up stop in the shock of could be a good idea...
The only trouble-free use of DCJ, I've had with the differential Spec-R also excellent used as a spool with the appropriate conversion.

Attachment 815922 Attachment 815925
Hb multidiff is a direct fit to 44mm DCJ. No modding. Works perferct. I've been running this setup since I got the car.
goots is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:20 AM
  #3735  
Tech Addict
 
AGNO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Firenze Italy
Posts: 609
Default

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
It's a typo. They come with Steel outdrives that are pretty solid. The broken set just shown is the first I've seen of the new ones. I've been running the extended POM outdrives and noticed they seem much more durable than they previously were in the shorter versions (not sure why).

I-Korey
Yes, that's right,the new out drives POM are much more durable, but the problem with DCJ is identical to steel out drive, are too short.
The new out drive POM are great for use with the original CVD 46 mm very durable and chattering very little, does not exist.
AGNO is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service