R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-02-2010, 08:34 PM   #76
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCGaryK View Post
It might make things easier on the iPhone side of the world too since they're both Linux based.
Technically, the iPhone uses a highly modified version of MacOS, which is based on Darwin (Unix), so the iPhone is Unix-based instead of Linux-based, and as we all know Linux Is Not UniX

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidecarphil1 View Post
i always have my Iphone with me but i guess i will need my laptop to charge it at the track now
You could build a female USB plug that runs off +5v on a power supply and charge the iPhone that way, I've charges iPods off of 9v batteries in a similar fashion (with a voltage regulator of course).

I don't need no flashy app to adjust my ESC, my One-Touch Button on my Explorer II works just fine
tromoly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:50 PM   #77
Tech Regular

Talking AE Is Killer Of All......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
We are looking at the Droid as well. The Iphone was the clear choice for a starting point because of the app support.

We do plan to offer other "smart phone" choices.
Apple/Mac, Has always been out Front !~

In March New Era Begins IN 2wd Buggy ..
Ae*Driver*70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:10 PM   #78
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

The complaints will be regarding the communication of upcoming products, not the enhancement of technology. New technology is great. Not communicating it while people buy less appealing technology not so much.[/QUOTE]

I was not specifically talking about Iphones and Hotwires and according to your quote neither were you. To be honest the pictures were not working so i didnt even know the hotwire was still involved. But just as someone else mentioned no they are going to be bombarded by people asking when it will be ready and flaming them when its not. why do you think the thread title is what it is?
Old 04-03-2010, 12:01 AM   #79
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny L View Post
Like that car in the pic guys
i think i have a few cars with links like that.....
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:25 AM   #80
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you could make an app to work on the Dynatac 8000x aswell as the Droid that would be great

http://stivesrc.org.au/
Bugle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:12 AM   #81
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG Designs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DG Designs View Post
The complaints will be regarding the communication of upcoming products, not the enhancement of technology. New technology is great. Not communicating it while people buy less appealing technology not so much.
I was not specifically talking about Iphones and Hotwires and according to your quote neither were you. To be honest the pictures were not working so i didnt even know the hotwire was still involved. But just as someone else mentioned no they are going to be bombarded by people asking when it will be ready and flaming them when its not. why do you think the thread title is what it is?
I think you must have missed my original post then. Sometimes its worth looking a page or 2 back so you don't look confused. See post 58 and 60
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:20 AM   #82
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I know that its only a matter of time before this becomes a reality on most smart phones, and for most speedo companies, you know castle and novak wont be far behind...

As for the whole laptop thing...

I feel anyone who burns a couple hundred dollars on a laptop for the sole purpose of programming a speed control is an idiot. Oh waaaa, I threw my money away because they didn't tell me that they were coming out with something new! BOO HOO!!
Electric Race days Thursday at 7pm and Saturday at 2pm
Like us on FACEBOOK, https://www.facebook.com/fourseasonsrcracing
Zach@4SEASONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 03:05 AM   #83
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassdoctor View Post
Besides, not everyone is walking around with an iphone, itouch, ipad, i whatever........ I'm apple free and proud of it.

Android or blackberry... that's more like it.
I gotta +1 this as well.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:39 AM   #84
V12
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krio View Post
Scratch my previous question. The REAL question is "why isn't it bluetoothed so I can adjust it while my car is sitting on the starting grid?!?"
Here you´re not allowed carrying your mobil phone while you´re at the drivers stand. This should be everywhere same when you´re trackmarshall.
These few minutes you will survive without a mobile phone.
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 08:19 AM   #85
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BillyCaldwell

I look forward to an android version.

I am on call for work, so I have a laptop with me anyways, but if I did not even have to get it out of the car, that would be fine too.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:37 AM   #86
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I just wish they would finish the software they have now. It sure would be nice to be able to save profiles.

Steve McGeorge
Mac The Knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 10:39 AM   #87
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey View Post
how i so wish this wasnt a april fools joke, but look at the esc in the car.. theres no power leads soldered on
No power leads have to be soldered on to use the hotwire, just the receiver wire is all that is needed to make changes.
bilster44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:17 PM   #88
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

So, if this works with an I-phone, will it automatically work for the I-pad? I heard today that the I-pad does not have any usb connections and everything like hooking up to print will need to be done wirelessly.
SteveL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:37 PM   #89
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 150 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
So, if this works with an I-phone, will it automatically work for the I-pad? I heard today that the I-pad does not have any usb connections and everything like hooking up to print will need to be done wirelessly.
Yes, if it works on the iphone and ipod touch it will also work on the ipad.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:02 PM   #90
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
As for the whole laptop thing...

I feel anyone who burns a couple hundred dollars on a laptop for the sole purpose of programming a speed control is an idiot. Oh waaaa, I threw my money away because they didn't tell me that they were coming out with something new! BOO HOO!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakk View Post
I gotta +1 this as well.
Hello guys, an idiot here. See, it goes like this...

I've used Macs since 1987. I've had an SE30, which gave way to something I can't remember when 'tinterweb and e-mail came along, which gave way to a G4 when a new Mac OS came along, which gave way to my Powerbook G4 when a birthday with a '0' allowed me to spend a bit, and go wireless and broadband at the same time. In 23 years, four machines and one RAM upgrade for $150. No one, and I mean no one, I know with a PC has saved that much money in that space of time, nor been able to use software that has been a Mac standard since 1987. So I saved a few $$ over the years...

Now, along comes the new programmable speedos, and who should be offering free software upgrades but Tekin - so I bought one. The emphasis is on the word "one". In order to programme this little wonder, I couldn't use a Mac, so I bought a netbook. Since the RS came out I have bought ONE speedo. Most of my mates have bought three or four, or the clever ones just two - a competitor and then an RS!!

So, this "idiot" has bought four home computers in 23 years, and one speedo in three years. With the money I've saved, a netbook is nothing special. And it's still worth 75% of what I pad for it 'cause I can sell it back to other "idiots" who still think a PC is good value.

If that's the definition of an "idiot", I plead guilty on all counts, Your Honour, and have sentenced myself to counting the money I haven't spent on countless PC upgrades, the headache pills I haven't taken trying to get Microsoft systems to work, and the speedos I haven't had to buy. Any other "idiots" out there??!!!
SlowerOne is offline   Reply With Quote