Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin iphone app

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dtr
I seems that traxxas is in bed with apple and simply get more programming information and access than others.
Seriously? That's what your going with? That is pretty much ridiculous ...

It seems some companies put more effort and resources into trying to accomplish a task that they see as innovative ... and other companies simply don't.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:10 PM
dtr
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ByteStream
Seriously? That's what your going with? That is pretty much ridiculous ...
You might think so, but I've been in the computer industry for a long time and tiered support and documentation is common practice. Everyone gets a partial documentation. We are friends? Then you get the full stuff. You don't want to play our rule? You get outdated and incorrect stuff.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Problem with apple products is you need to sell your sole to apple, if you are happy to do that anything is possible.....

Android also has by far the biggest market share for phone OS so why not start with Android them move to the less popular platforms such as RIM iOS.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dtr
You might think so, but I've been in the computer industry for a long time and tiered support and documentation is common practice. Everyone gets a partial documentation. We are friends? Then you get the full stuff. You don't want to play our rule? You get outdated and incorrect stuff.
I write software for a living .. and am familiar with Apples IOS API's, developer licensing and release process .. and yes Apple does take a cut of the profit for the application (alot IMO) but you have to respect their distribution mechanism and that is what you end up paying for, conveinece, like it or not.

Traxxas has hit the market first with it's product, and they should be congratulated becasue all I heard from other companies is it wasn't possible.
But to say Traxxas is in bed with Apple is just unfounded and in this case is being used as an excuse as to why "my esc company" wasn't able to do it as well. Traxxas did what it took to impove things for the consumer one way or another.

Besides, Speed Passion is working on their Bluetooth/WIFI integrated ESC ... yet another way to solve the problem.

Don't get me wrong, I like my Tekin RS but I'd stop window shopping for other ESC's if the RS had a built in booster for 1s and was able to be programmed with a smartphone.

Time to innovate, no excuses.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:12 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I don't have anything to add here. I'm not making excuses. You've all touched on costs involved as well as other factors that are all being considered.

I think some of you may not realize how large of a company Traxxas really is...
Old 12-02-2011, 12:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by frozenpod
...Android also has by far the biggest market share for phone OS so why not start with Android them move to the less popular platforms such as RIM iOS.
based on Net use Apple's iOS ( iPhone including iPad and iPod touch ) has a huge market share lead.
Check it out :

http://netmarketshare.com/mobile-market-share
Old 12-02-2011, 01:27 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Because they're not passing data back both ways. I'm no expert on their new application but I don't believe you can adjust the car in any way via the Iphone portion of the radio.

It appears to be simply used a screen to display data logging. Am I wrong?
You are correct about the Traxxas part, but Speed Passion is launching new speedos that can be programmed from an iPhone in the beginning of the new year.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
based on Net use Apple's iOS ( iPhone including iPad and iPod touch ) has a huge market share lead.
Check it out :

http://netmarketshare.com/mobile-market-share
Andriod is by far the leading mobile phone OS and is gaining market share rapidly where as iOS has leveled off and is starting to drop.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_operating_system

Tablets are small volume compared with phones and if you are bringing a tablet to the track you may as well bring a laptop.

Sure iOS is currently massively ahead on tablets but in 2 years it wont be and IMO they should not be considered for this application.

If I was tekin or any other ESC manufacture I would be concentrating on phones as everyone already has one with them at the track.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike

I think some of you may not realize how large of a company Traxxas really is...
Yep they are huge and possibly even Traxxas contracted out for the electronics, radio, ESC and iphone intergration side of this product so they could have it out before xmas.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nilks
You are correct about the Traxxas part, but Speed Passion is launching new speedos that can be programmed from an iPhone in the beginning of the new year.
I think even Speed Passion is (or is owned by) a company much, much larger than Tekin.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:50 AM
dtr
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ByteStream
But to say Traxxas is in bed with Apple is just unfounded and in this case is being used as an excuse as to why "my esc company" wasn't able to do it as well.
Just for clarification, there is no such thing as "my esc company". I want to get whatever is best at what I want to use it for. Sadly there's barely any available here (neither Tekin), as the market seems small. Only lrp/nosram has all products available, and those are created either for the diehard racer or the total noob, not for the tinkerer. I find them annoying to setup and some important features are missing, and the documentation is terrible.
Sorry, I'm getting really offtopic, I'll post the rest via PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

so where the hell is this app at anywhooo?
Old 02-10-2012, 01:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by westendorfy
so where the hell is this app at anywhooo?
Nice language , did you even check the app store ?? Guessing not
Old 02-10-2012, 01:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

no i just thought the photoshopped pic was pretty cool....

off to the app store i go.........
Old 02-10-2012, 01:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Briguy
Nice language , did you even check the app store ?? Guessing not
Was just there. Sadly, nothing was found.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.