R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Help me to create Xray T2R PRO Beginner Combo (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/385484-help-me-create-xray-t2r-pro-beginner-combo.html)

oguzbilgic 04-01-2010 12:01 PM

Help me to create Xray T2R PRO Beginner Combo

Hello

I need help to create my first electronic touring car combo . I am not new in rc hobby but I am new in electronic touring cars.I want something cheap to start , this will be my education car so it does not need to be the perfect car combo. Therefore I choose Xray T2R Pro , It is cheaper than t3 . But I am not sure about electronics and other parts (motor, esc, receiver, radio, servo, battery, charger, wheel/tire, body and all other things I have to buy).Please help me to chose these parts.

Also currently I have Graupner XS-6 2ch 40 mhz radio. If it is possible , i want to use this radio instead of buying new one .
Radio : shop.graupner.de/webuerp/servlet/AI?ARTN=3117

Thank You.

Chaz955i 04-01-2010 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by oguzbilgic (Post 7216361)
Hello

I need help to create my first electronic touring car combo . I am not new in rc hobby but I am new in electronic touring cars.I want something cheap to start , this will be my education car so it does not need to be the perfect car combo. Therefore I choose Xray T2R Pro , It is cheaper than t3 . But I am not sure about electronics and other parts (motor, esc, receiver, radio, servo, battery, charger, wheel/tire, body and all other things I have to buy).Please help me to chose these parts.

Also currently I have Graupner XS-6 2ch 40 mhz radio. If it is possible , i want to use this radio instead of buying new one .
Radio : shop.graupner.de/webuerp/servlet/AI?ARTN=3117

Thank You.

Nice car. You will probably get a variety of answers but I think it is helpful if you said how you intend to use the car. If you plan on racing (I assume you are with that car) you might want to check the classes that run at your track and find out what others are running and what the rules are for the different classes. I run 17.5 rubber tire TC and the rules are pretty open regarding electronics but if I were to run vintage trans-am the options are quite limited as it is a spec motor and esc class. All that being said it seems like the Duo and DUO2 series motors paired with tekin RS speed controls seem to be a very versitile and fast setup. A metal geared servo like a Futaba 9551 or JR 8800 would probably work well for you.

WheelNut 04-01-2010 05:28 PM

What class will you be running in?

oguzbilgic 04-02-2010 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Chaz955i (Post 7216534)
Nice car. You will probably get a variety of answers but I think it is helpful if you said how you intend to use the car. If you plan on racing (I assume you are with that car) you might want to check the classes that run at your track and find out what others are running and what the rules are for the different classes. I run 17.5 rubber tire TC and the rules are pretty open regarding electronics but if I were to run vintage trans-am the options are quite limited as it is a spec motor and esc class. All that being said it seems like the Duo and DUO2 series motors paired with tekin RS speed controls seem to be a very versitile and fast setup. A metal geared servo like a Futaba 9551 or JR 8800 would probably work well for you.

Originally Posted by WheelNut (Post 7217454)
What class will you be running in?

Thank you for replies,

Unfortunately I do not have so much information about Rules, classes and events of US. I will spend my next years in US, therefore I think I have to follow US's rules.So if you can provide any links or documents I can decide the class which I want to run in.

Thank you .