Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
questions about TCS bodies... >

questions about TCS bodies...

questions about TCS bodies...

Old 04-16-2004, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default questions about TCS bodies...

i had a couple questions... in the rules it says "no additional holes or vents" or something... what about the bodies that already have holes in them for TA04, etc chassis... are you allowed to redrill, or what? also, what seems to be the body of choice this year? i have the 360, Xanavi Skyline, and the old Calsonic Skyline... plus the MR-S TA04SS body. any help would be appreciated...
Old 04-16-2004, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: questions about TCS bodies...

Originally posted by tamiyadriver
i had a couple questions... in the rules it says "no additional holes or vents" or something... what about the bodies that already have holes in them for TA04, etc chassis... are you allowed to redrill, or what? also, what seems to be the body of choice this year? i have the 360, Xanavi Skyline, and the old Calsonic Skyline... plus the MR-S TA04SS body. any help would be appreciated...
Probably depends on which class. Many like the MR-s for stock. The new skyline has been pretty hot as of late and probably good all around. The 360 is very aggressive and the new NSX hasn't been bad either. I probably would lean towards the 360 or new skyline.
Old 04-16-2004, 10:13 PM
Tech Elite

I think the 360 body I had was predrilled and I had to redrill for my 414M2. They didn't say anything about it a few years back. I'm gonna use an Altezza body this year on the 415.
Old 04-17-2004, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

i kinda figured that way... being as you are supposed to be able to use any Tamiya TC body. i just wish that they all would use the same mounting holes anyway! at least in the front...i dont mind a few extra holes in the rear window, but the front outta be the same. well... my 414 and 415 do match in the front, and the TB02 and EvoIII line up also using the original rear tower...
Old 04-17-2004, 07:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

there's never been an issue with body mounting holes, they just don't want people adding cooling vents and ductwork to the bodies.
Old 04-17-2004, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

i hoped so... did randy get you convinced to come down with Scotty and the gang to our Invitational? would be great to see some more Tamiyas...!
Old 04-17-2004, 09:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I was thinking about it, but since I didn't make the Reedy race, I'm not coming. I may go to the Laurel or Tamiya America TCS races though.
Old 04-17-2004, 01:22 PM
Tech Elite

Tamiyadriver the big deal on cutting and vents relates more to the rear of the body or changing wing size to change handling. A couple years back there were a few cars with taillights cutout to relieve pressure in the rear of the body aiding down force, along with wings cut down on the main plane to lessen drag.

Modena is still king but the new Calsonic is a good second if you are looking for a touch less steering. On either body get the lightweight version not many race weekends but very little weight on the car.

Kilruf I would avoid the Altezza unless the track is REAL loose. The body is top heavy but does make real downforce, almost too stuck
Old 04-17-2004, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Well I plain on using the Altezza in Maryland.. Laurel. I've been there the past 2 years. First time was 360. Last year was NSK. I figure this year I'll get the Altezza since I wanted more downforce for their parking lot track. I think the 360 was okay. I didn't like the NSK. And I couldn't get ahold of the Skyline at the time I was shopping for a body this year. But I think the Altezza will suit me just fine for GT1 out there.