R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-15-2004, 08:26 PM   #1
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball
Arrow New Atlas YM34CE touring chassis?

can anyone "abroad" help me research this car? i've done the babelfish, and searched for hours. i think anything posted about this car will not be in english. hence, my beckoning for help from those multilingual types.

here is the only link i have for this car. it may still be a prototype, but the author of the article gives it a name.

http://www.team-td.net/ebent/ymce.htm

is this car available? are there more pics of it?

please help. i am as curious as they come.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg atlas.jpg (110.2 KB, 592 views)
Old 04-15-2004, 08:38 PM   #2
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Interesting 4x2 batts layout. Looks very well balanced.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 08:38 PM   #3
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to koabich

I would check out the Integy website. The are the distributer for Atlas in the USA.
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 11:43 PM   #4
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by jkerr0043
Interesting 4x2 batts layout. Looks very well balanced.
Looks like a pain to me.. But then again I dont like to solder much....
losispeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 11:58 PM   #5
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Be nice to see a good pic of the car...
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 02:40 AM   #6
Tech Addict

If I remember correctly this was posted on the YM-34 thread, I think the car was a one-off put together by another company using Atlas parts and a custom chassis.

It's about time Atlas came out with a new car, Not sure about the 2x4 cell layout though!
JohnA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 03:04 AM   #7
Tech Addict

The Integy website has info.
Babelfish??? Use Google and search for atlas ym34. Lot of hits, even setup sheets.
I think there is atlas thread here, do search on rctech.
andsetinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 07:02 AM   #8
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

integy has only to the si, last year's model.

i was the one who posted the pics on the atlas thread. that was actually a similar car, but used alex arms and did not have a saddle layout. alot was different. i believe that was the prototype to the car (ym34ce) that i am inquiring about.

ym34 is the prefix to every atlas car released.
- ym34 v3
- ym34 type t
- ym34 si
- ym34 ce??
so that search never brought me anything new. it's even tough to find material on the si version, that is over a year old.

i am, thus far, infatuated with what i see. i have always liked the atlas cars on paper, and the car in this new picture appears to have changed much of what i thought needed changing.

can someone overseas or otherwise to a search in japanese to see what comes up? i would be very thankful for your time and effort.
Old 04-16-2004, 07:19 AM   #9
Tech Initiate

This is what I found on the net the changes on the car and some pics. I use babelfish to translate this.

How, the nut る it is, this roll center -?
As for me, center of gravity is low, we like the low car. And deeply - it is, with the roll "Nakao under"
So we like the car which it runs. The ま - る _, the ま - る _ we like the car which it runs. But, how probably will be?
When moving of this car cod, パキッ! Angry! ド - ッ. オットト. The て it is feeling. Buckwheat noodles -
If it is the cornering ヤ like the French love story, as for this car, ピョン
The cornering like ヤン government-managed broadcast is done. (It is understood?)
When you see in any case, very roll center - is high, the sea urchin being to be felt, it does.
Then, like below the test was advanced.

1, examination of secondary reduction gear ratio in order to start pulling the merit
2, center of gravity balance is taken a second look.
3, roll center - roll rigidity is taken a second look.

Examination of secondary reduction gear ratio (photograph secondary deceleration test comment)
As for the test of secondary reduction gear ratio total 4 types were tested. To begin beginning from 2 and 3, presently ト
The ヨミチ number, is running 2.7, anaconda numbers, with 2,66. By the fact that both is good the thought っ
The て it is. Nevertheless using the jig, docking of the gear and the pulley fairly well trouble
So very, very it is hateful with steady job.

Center of gravity balance is taken a second look, (comment of photograph new chassis vertical type)
I dislike the USA carbon. That the っ ぽ it is cheaply, we dislike gloss. Just a little it becomes old
With, the resin yellow we dislike also む. Therefore, it quarried out with the Toray Industries carbon. As for beginning
Relationship, and the battery the front and back which almost is similar to YM were moved aside to center. As for truth, バッ
Being to move aside terry to rear already and a little to apply, it does, but drill processing it failed beautifully.
(The hole where you open all the way something was カッコイイ and reputation even with the name remainder =.)

Roll center - examination (comment of suspension mount test)
Those where I can be bothered (presently) are the long foot of YM. Therefore I am short separately the foot, being biased, you say,
It is not る. Simply simply that long foot does not exist just in my data.
Optimum roll center of this long foot - being where? Though サスマウン which changes radically
It examined with ト. The photograph is just something which is taken, but those whose non-skid is low in this,
And, fearfully げ such as raising and lowering 1 mm plate it tested.
Return to the presently it is in the midst of thinking which is the oven which is best.
The system, this suspension mount nevertheless. Super it is troublesome.

Examination related to knuckle and the hub where ゲ? comes out (the photograph and knuckle test 1, knuckle test 2
Comment)

In addition to the test of this suspension mount, it tried searching including something related to knuckle.
Because the photograph has known model of the long foot would like to see バラク?[ダ (even me well) ジオ?
It tried imitating the tree. With course outside it was the feeling which is very good. (Well, which foot
Even to so also other than the ラジ heaven, it runs truly well, but...) with also that ツノ excessively from YM
Because it leaves, in the point other than efficiency it dismisses at stage of early stage.
Being not to be, it does, the photograph, but the front and back damper stay for the upper arm which is adjusted to one for this foot
Until you say, it has not produced.
However, to use the suspension mount where the skid the front is attached mainly on the rear, toe in 2
Strange of combination of the rear knuckle of degree became the good test. By the way I with
If it finishes, we like the car making whose toe angles the rear are few.

Knuckle test 2
As for this, mediation of the early stage which is tested with set of C hub and the rear knuckle of excelling
It is ブリ?[. Dog of front knuckle + エンス?[ of c hub + バラク?[ダ of excelling
The horn て it is feeling. Directivity related to knuckle was visible with this. That you say it is the feeling which.

Temporarily now, such feeling. (Photograph, front rise and rear rise)
Front mediation
Finely setup is the use part as another.
Suspension mount = skid possession. Lowest step
Knuckle = YM normal & black alumite.
C hub = excelling
As for normal hub and C hub, roll rigidity rear (something related to hurray angle of suspension arm) relationship
So it is the intention of deciding. (The わ being entwined well, it does the true place.)
As for lever ratio of the suspension arm of YM examination is not attached to me nevertheless at all.

Rear mediation
Suspension mount = normal + skid angle plus 2 times (enormous thing you did, it is.)
For knuckle = エクセルバラク?[ダ (1 time this toe angles. That being the case that it is said 2 times of total) * special order
Black alumite.

It is present condition. (Comment from with respect to up-to-date)
The て it is the shot from with respect to up-to-date version with reason.
As for weight balance left and right and front and back whether very honesty, you think. Nevertheless recent times five flat
It seems like the rice cake, in the eye which looks at the vertical ranging chassis and is accustomed 2: Fresh of the distribution chassis of 4 it is dense
That.

It is rise of the drive system which becomes matter of concern. (It is comment of drive type rise and rear side rise.)
Drive system is such feeling. Fairly well, being to think, that it has been settled, it does, but how probably will be.
It designated the carbon composite of back matter, as like whether boldly that is design of.
The upper arm and stubby have passed by "the hole". This is design theme.
Attached Images
File Type: gif ce1.gif (32.4 KB, 263 views)
Rhes4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 07:20 AM   #10
Tech Initiate

More pics
Attached Images
File Type: gif ce3.gif (24.6 KB, 253 views)
Old 04-16-2004, 07:23 AM   #11
Tech Initiate

Pic of drive train
Attached Images
File Type: gif ce2.gif (26.7 KB, 246 views)
Old 04-16-2004, 07:24 AM   #12
Tech Initiate

New knuckle
Attached Images
File Type: gif ce4.gif (26.3 KB, 197 views)
Old 04-16-2004, 07:25 AM   #13
Tech Initiate

New arms
Attached Images
File Type: gif ce5.gif (17.6 KB, 191 views)
Old 04-16-2004, 07:26 AM   #14
Tech Initiate

rear view
Attached Images
File Type: gif ce6.gif (30.6 KB, 205 views)
Old 04-16-2004, 07:26 AM   #15
Tech Initiate

Front view
Attached Images
File Type: gif ce7.gif (31.6 KB, 238 views)