Wiki Posts
Search

Xray T2R Pro, reviews, suggestions, setup tips, etc

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 04:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (97%+)
Default Xray T2R Pro, reviews, suggestions, setup tips, etc

I just got a lightly used Xray T2R Pro for outdoor touring this season. I got it due to the price and having an older Xray T1 and loving it. I am just looking to see who else is running this chassis and what you have done, what suggestions you have, etc.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShagNastyEk9
I just got a lightly used Xray T2R Pro for outdoor touring this season. I got it due to the price and having an older Xray T1 and loving it. I am just looking to see who else is running this chassis and what you have done, what suggestions you have, etc.
I am not running one, but it should be pretty close to the t2008 setup sheets for asphalt and may work better than the 008 in some situations like low grip since it has the FRP chassis. So check out the t2008 setups on the xray page for asphalt.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:21 PM
Tech Adept

Default I've got one coming

Hi, yes I have one coming real soon!!!! i'm so looking forward to receiving it.
I used to run gas, but I couldn't get used to the foam tyres. I think rubber is a lot easier to work with.
Where are you going to run yours?
Hopefully we might be able to swap info???

Good luck with it
Regards, Steve
Old 03-27-2010, 04:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default T2R (not pro)

I have a T2R but it isn't the pro version. I believe that the T2R would be the 006 if there was one where the pro that you are talking about is a current version.

We run on a large and bumpy preped asphalt parking lot sprayed with a sugar-water solution and run very soft springs. Yellow (super-soft) up front and white (soft) in the back. This setup is used mainly for the stock and modified classes where rubber tires can be treated with a grip compound and pre-warmed before every race.

Gearing is based on the ESC/motor/batt combination. Some guys run the Tekin RS Pro and others run the Novak GTB. It is a 17.5 motor in either class - sportsman class does not allow timing or boost profiles and modified class anything goes.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Had one for a year now. The alloy front drive shafts bend pretty easily in a decent crash.
I have changed them to spring steel in the front only.
Also have added turnbuckles,alloy wheel hexes and a motor guard.
I have also needed tp run the front belt tighter than my old 07 or the belt would derail in a crash (chassis flex).

I have no problems competing with the '09s etc at our indoor, surfaced track and find it more forgiving as track conditions change.