R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-15-2004, 02:45 PM   #1
J-P
Tech Regular

Default losi rear hub's on tc3!!

hey guy's,

i know this is probably in the tc3 section but 270 odd pages is alot to read through, i noticed at a meeting at the weekend that some of the guy's were running losi hub carriers on the back! iwas wondering if you guy's run them and what you think of them???

ive got my first national race a week sunday and im a bit unsure of trying this but these guys say it really helps!!

hope you can help

thanks

J-P
J-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 03:05 PM   #2
Tech Regular

I tried the Losi 0 hub carriers on my TC3 and wasn't that impressed. I think the only reason to run them (and if I'm wrong, someone please correct me) is that they allow you to run 1.5 of toe in (or perhaps 1?) for tight, high bite tracks where you need to free up the rear end of the car.

-G
Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 04:10 PM   #3
s2
Tech Adept

i think the reason losi hub-carriers are run is that is been found the AE ones can become warped and give innacurate toe-in. the losi ones are larger and wont change shape so easly. They fit straight on with no modifications at all. The only thing is that the outer hole on the tc3 hubs is the inner hole on the losi hubs with no spacer, so you cant shorten it by the hub. This Is How It Looks

hth

Stew

btw thats not my car in the pic

Last edited by s2; 04-15-2004 at 04:20 PM.
s2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 04:17 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I ran them on my car at 2 day carpet race in Stockton. I set them up with the same geometry as the stock ones and I tried both that weekend. The car was much free-er with the losis plus you get the roll center adjustment from the vertical ball mount.
Jack Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 04:55 PM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to burbs Send a message via Yahoo to burbs

try asking mike blackstock in his ask mike thread.. he runs them.. i run them to .. i personally like them better .. not just for performance but they seem to last longer..
burbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 12:31 AM   #6
J-P
Tech Regular

thanks guys,

i think i will try them in practice at the national to start with, and if i dont like them i can change them as its not a long job! i'll try and let you know how i get on with them.

thnks

J-P
J-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 04:41 AM   #7
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to Cobra81li200
Default Re: losi rear hub's on tc3!!

Quote:
Originally posted by J-P
hey guy's,

i know this is probably in the tc3 section but 270 odd pages is alot to read through, i noticed at a meeting at the weekend that some of the guy's were running losi hub carriers on the back! iwas wondering if you guy's run them and what you think of them???

ive got my first national race a week sunday and im a bit unsure of trying this but these guys say it really helps!!

hope you can help

thanks

J-P
I asked the question to Barry Baker at the LRP, he told me it's just because of the vertical ball stud, it gives more accurate tuning.
Cobra81li200 is offline   Reply With Quote