Robotronic Discharge/Equalizer tray?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Robotronic Discharge/Equalizer tray?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 10:51 AM
Tech Addict

Default Robotronic Discharge/Equalizer tray?

hi,

Is the Robotronic Discharge/Equalizer tray suitable to discharge my 3300s? Also what is its cut off point?
Old 04-15-2004, 11:40 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yes itīs working for 3300s. Infact itīs optimized for NiMh batteries. Iīm using the Robitronic trays since about one year and I think itīs the best equalizer board available currently and most guys here think the same.
Discharging current is about 1A so it takes some time for discharging. Cutoff point is about 0,8V per cell but it doesnīt cut off but keep the cells voltage at that point. The advantage of this is it doesnīt matter if some cells still have some energy left when other cells are at the cutoff point already. So after some time all cells are at the same level and therefore really equalized. This doesnīt happen with most discharging trays. It works even with unselected packs.
Best is discharging after a run with your favourite discharging unit at 20 -30 amps than put it on the Robitronic tray and after about 3 hours the battery is ready again for next charge.

Only downside is equalizing takes some time so you maybe need more than one tray. Iīm using four of them.
Old 04-16-2004, 04:05 AM
Tech Elite

I'm also using this tray, and I'm happy with it. A great advantage is that there are light diodes for fast checking, that alle batteries are connected properly. Otherwise you risk that one cell aint diacharged
Old 04-16-2004, 05:30 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Also you could see the progress of discharging/equalizing from the brightness of the LEDīs. With most packs the cells arenīt very close at the end of discharge so you could see which cell is at a low voltage already and which one not.
When all LEDīs are dark the cells are equalized but maybe not completely discharged. Using a DVM you will know as a completely discharged pack is at 4,5 - 4,7 Volt.