R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   CS PowerCheck Dyno (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/38343-cs-powercheck-dyno.html)

jeepnyy 04-15-2004 01:13 PM

CS PowerCheck Dyno

I'am interested in purchasing this dyno but would like to hear any info/experiences ....good or bad about this dyno. They have a website ::::

http://www.cs-electronic.com/CS-Prod...ower_check.php

They also have a local distributor;

Please post any comment/info. Thanx

Henry E

robk 04-15-2004 01:52 PM

I've used a friend of mine's quite a bit. To my mind, the biggest downfall and plus is that it uses a 6 cell pack for powering the motor. It does give a true idea of what the motor will do at battery level voltage, but the packs die off quickly. Unless, like I did for my buddy, you put 3 or 4 old packs in parallel. i think he has a 13,200 mAh pack if i calculated right......

Anyway, the other nice thing is that you can use it stand alone, and you can see high and low end readings, or you can hook it up to a PC or laptop and get all the nice graphs, save the files etc.
I have always found it to be as good as any of the other dynos.

jeepnyy 04-15-2004 02:35 PM

Thanx ROBK.......Thats what I like about it...it's a standalone unit. Plus you can download software updates for free from their website. I think I will get one of these baby.

LETS GO RACING :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire:

Henry E.

akrcracer 04-15-2004 08:54 PM

:tire: Yea, What robk said. Actually I use 2 packs hooked up parallel. Works great. There is a adaptor you hook up to dyno for infared printing. But HP quit making little printer. You can still find them HP printer on ebay. I haven't picked one up yet. But I'm going to...

gearless 04-16-2004 01:47 AM

:D

I use one for a long time now. Great motor tool.
I just charge ONE pack and let it rest 20 min, then made 5 measurements and change the pack, with another one that had peacked 20 min ago.
Why? Just to stabilize the pack voltage. Remember, you are not competing against each other, you are just measuring your motors, and you'll need a stabilized way to measure them correctly.
I put all the data through my laptop, and monitor every motor.
Because ...
Every dino gives a diferent measure. For instance the very same 12x1 gives on my CS 214W with 41000rpm/max, but if measured on a Robitronic the Wts will go up, up and up.
I personally use my dino as a reference tool. I measure the motor when new, tunned it to the best numbers I can, and periodically check the motor to see if it can handle the initials numbers. My experience tells that a motor goes up on numbers as you cut the comm then it stars to fall down. When they start to fall down I only used them on practice, being rejected when the arm reach below 6,8mm at the comm.
So don't bother if your dino gives low numbers. Compare all your motors on the same dino and use the best on races.

ICEMAN 04-16-2004 06:02 AM

how much is it , i could not find a price?

Fuzzy 04-16-2004 06:47 AM

498 EURO'S

Jarrod Langlois 04-16-2004 10:05 AM

i had a friend who had this dyno for a while and it worked well for tuning motors to a specific application because it can show you values at a given amp draw. this can translate into showing you where the motor really makes its power. this dyno is a great tuning tool.

jeepnyy 04-16-2004 10:07 AM

Originally posted by Fuzzy
498 EURO'S
How much is that in US $...where can you order them from locally(US) ?

morpwr 04-16-2004 05:55 PM

cs dyno

i have this dyno and i agree with everyone else it works great especially if hooked up to a copmuter so you can see the whole curve.as for disrtibutors in the us there is a new one .it used to be schumacher but they dropped it.email cs on their website they will give you his name as i cant remember it now.i think the price was like 500 dollars us ,still much cheaper than the robi.

Harlow 04-17-2004 05:17 AM

CS Dealer, Dan Dogherra
[email protected]
The total for the dyno is $489.00 + shipping

jeepnyy 04-18-2004 07:35 PM

Thanx Harlow......right now they are out of stock. Dan said it might be around May or June till he gets a new shipment. :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: