Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team TC3

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 02:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Team TC3

So I'm about to get a Team TC3, and I can't figure out what kind of pinion gear I need. I am going to be using a 8t or a 20t motor on it. Some help would be very much appreciated.
Old 04-14-2004, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

About a 17T pinion with a 8 and around a 23T with a 20 turn motor i would say roughly.
Old 04-14-2004, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

For bashing, or racing.

Racing: what size track?
Carpet? Asphalt? High traction asphalt or low?
Old 04-14-2004, 07:45 PM
Tech Adept

There is a pinion gear guide in the back of the instruction manual, if all else fails, start there.
Old 04-14-2004, 11:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default thing is

I don't want to wait for the manual to arrive with the kit and then I have go an buy the pinion gear after it. Another question is do you just need a pinion gear, becuase it is shaft driven or do you need another gear to get to the shaft? If so what size should I get then?
Old 04-15-2004, 12:02 AM
Tech Adept

The kit comes with an 87 tooth spur gear to fit on the shaft. According to my manual (dug it out of my pit box just for you) a stock, 24 degree motor requires a 28 tooth pinion. But, it still depends on the motor. Example: a Trinity P2K2 Pro suggests going up two teeth on the pinion, where a Trinity Monster suggests going down. Also depends on the track, I ran my TC3 at Roseville and used a 32 tooth pinion and was kicking ass with room to spare. Hope this helps.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default awesome

Thanks for digging it out... so since you have it out, if I'm running a Team Orion 8t revolution what pinion should I get?
Old 04-15-2004, 12:20 AM
Tech Adept

It only goes down as far as a 9 turn, but the logic is this, for every wind you go down, go down one tooth on the pinion, so if it's a 19 for a 9 turn, it would be 18 for an 8 turn.
Old 04-15-2004, 02:32 AM
Tech Regular

A TC3 comes with a 72t spur!

For a 20t i would suggest a 25pinion depending on the size of the track.
For an 8t i would suggest bying a bigger spur (75t, anything bigger will stick out under the chassis) and a 17t pinion.

Regards
Old 04-15-2004, 09:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default EUROPE!!!

HI, thanks for your post, I was wondering since it says your from Belgium if you know any good hobby shops to pic up stuff. I mean mail order is cool and all but I hate the wait. I live near Aachen, at the Drei-Laender Eck. Any ideas?

I work at the NATO base if you curious of my exact where abouts.

If you know a good place, please share the knowledge.
Old 04-15-2004, 11:03 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: EUROPE!!!

Originally posted by Committed88
HI, thanks for your post, I was wondering since it says your from Belgium if you know any good hobby shops to pic up stuff. I mean mail order is cool and all but I hate the wait. I live near Aachen, at the Drei-Laender Eck. Any ideas?

I work at the NATO base if you curious of my exact where abouts.

If you know a good place, please share the knowledge.
I live near Antwerp Belgium.

You're at a perfect spot in Germany. 3 spots are "nearby" were you are.
1- HK modellbau in Hurtgenwald (near Duren). Only a shop but does carry Asso parts! http://homepage.hk-modellbau.com/

2- Motordrom Geilenkirchen, indoor & outdoortrack, shop, but doesn't carry Asso. Don't realy like going there because of the atmosphere. The owner Calli is a nice guy tough. http://www.megadrom-geilenkirchen.com/

3- VIOL, (near Monchen Gladbach) indoortrack & shop, Great track, go there often dispite it being a 200km drive for me. If you go there tell Olli or Ingrid Roy sent you. http://www.viol-model-racing.de/

Hope this helps and see you there sometime
Regards
Roy
Old 04-15-2004, 11:19 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Hardriven RC
A TC3 comes with a 72t spur!
Ooops!! Your right, I was working on my T3 stadium truck when I wrote that and THAT has an 87 tooth spur.
Old 04-15-2004, 02:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Wow, awesome

I live in Geilenkirchen, and I can't believe this little town has something like that. That is awesome. Thanks a whole lot for the info. I was just in Antwerp like a few weeks ago, awesome city.

Hopefully I will see you there. Kind of sucks, I am getting ready to go back to the states in about 4 months and I only just now discovered that there is stuff around me. Better late than never.
Old 04-16-2004, 09:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Hey Roy

Where there somethign specific about the track in Geilenkirchen, that you didn't like. I went there today, and besides everybody acting like they couldn't speak english (even thought their entire web site is) the place was really nice. I'm not really into X-ray stuff, but they had a pretty decent selection. I liked the track. Maybe its just cause I wasn't expecting so much from Geilenkirchen you know?

The only downside to going to the place that I can see is the language barrier... weil mein Deutsch nicht so gut ist, aber ich kann Deutsch reden, es ist nur schwer fuer mich.

I should have my new ride in next month so I think it will be interesting to try out their track.
Old 04-16-2004, 09:28 AM
Tech Regular

Its just the attitude of some of the people that frequent the place.
As i said, the owner, Calli, is a great guy doing lots to promote the hobby and gives good advise to youngsters from the neighberhood regarding RC.
Only some of the drivers seam to think they are better then the rest and act as if they own the place. Shouting at people that are still learning to drive. I feel that this is not the way to improve our hobby. Luckyly there are great guys to, or i would never go there.

Anyway, maybe i'll see you there sometime.

Regards
Roy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.