R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-23-2010, 07:02 AM   #1
Tech Fanatic
 
jgraham37128's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 801
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default LRP Sphere Competition TC spec //advanced timing

Question. Does a LRP Sphere advance the timing when on profile 8? We currently are not able to advance timing in my local VTA class but was told my Sphere has advanced timing on profile 7-8. I would like to know for sure if this is the case, or have I been running at a disadvantage?
Attached Thumbnails
LRP Sphere Competition TC spec //advanced timing-dsc05268.jpg  
jgraham37128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:38 AM   #2
Tech Champion
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,587
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

At the Novak race, the TC spec was only allowed up to profile 6, so I would assume the timing advance comes in on 7 and 8. This was per a phone call to Associated.
__________________
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:43 AM   #3
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Helmond
Posts: 1,544
Default

The timing advanced is there but not like the spx.
I didn't feel that I went faster in mode 8 than in mode 5.
Top speed was the same.
__________________
http://www.mikky32.com
Tekin RS pro
TOP racing Photon
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:55 AM   #4
Tech Fanatic
 
jgraham37128's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 801
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default SPX

It just seems the SPX or KO has a lot more power than mine.
jgraham37128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:20 AM   #5
Tech Champion
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 8,573
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

the straight away speed seem very much the same.....on the next club race try some other profiles and lets see if its any different....we can try several different variations...Im game

FYI..the guys from Carbondale ran the same esc, and they were just as fast
__________________
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
Team Associated/Reedy Powered/PROTOform/OTT/1UP
Apex Raceway and Hobbies
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:34 AM   #6
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Helmond
Posts: 1,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraham37128 View Post
It just seems the SPX or KO has a lot more power than mine.
That's because this is not a stock spec speedo.
It runs very good with mod but for stock it has no extra timing.

The timing in mode 5 till 8 is on max 30.
__________________
http://www.mikky32.com
Tekin RS pro
TOP racing Photon
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:34 AM   #7
Tech Fanatic
 
jgraham37128's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 801
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default Sunday

On Sunday I couldn't make my car handle any better than it was handling. It was perfect but I still couldn't catch up. When I got past you in the first few laps and you came up to me it seemed like I was sitting still. You drove right past me and I was giving it all it had. I just can't get faster than a 14.1 and you and Melvin was at 13.6. I have the same equipment other than the speed controller. It has to be the speed controller....
jgraham37128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:39 AM   #8
Tech Fanatic
 
jgraham37128's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 801
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikky32 View Post
That's because this is not a stock spec speedo.
It runs very good with mod but for stock it has no extra timing.

The timing in mode 5 till 8 is on max 30.
So are you saying the SPX would be faster than the Sphere? Or is it the same if neither is set for advanced timing?
jgraham37128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:15 AM   #9
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Helmond
Posts: 1,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraham37128 View Post
So are you saying the SPX would be faster than the Sphere? Or is it the same if neither is set for advanced timing?
Yes the SPX is faster.
As far as I now, the timing on the sphere is max 30.
It's like the Tekin in dual mode. driving away sensord and goes over in sensorless.
Sensorless the timing is max 30.

In mode 7 and 8 you get some more power for stock motors in the start. it makes the car more aggressive not faster.
__________________
http://www.mikky32.com
Tekin RS pro
TOP racing Photon
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:49 PM   #10
Tech Fanatic
 
jgraham37128's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 801
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikky32 View Post
Yes the SPX is faster.
As far as I now, the timing on the sphere is max 30.
It's like the Tekin in dual mode. driving away sensord and goes over in sensorless.
Sensorless the timing is max 30.

In mode 7 and 8 you get some more power for stock motors in the start. it makes the car more aggressive not faster.
And that's where I was getting killed coming out of the corner.
jgraham37128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 03:22 PM   #11
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Helmond
Posts: 1,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraham37128 View Post
And that's where I was getting killed coming out of the corner.
The SPX has even more power.
As you gear so you have the same acceleration power, than you lose on top speed.
__________________
http://www.mikky32.com
Tekin RS pro
TOP racing Photon
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:37 PM   #12
Tech Fanatic
 
jgraham37128's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 801
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default Tekin

Ok, I'll be looking for a Tekin RS.
jgraham37128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:48 PM   #13
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Helmond
Posts: 1,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraham37128 View Post
Ok, I'll be looking for a Tekin RS.
With a Tekin RS you will drive the SPX lost.
__________________
http://www.mikky32.com
Tekin RS pro
TOP racing Photon
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 08:57 AM   #14
Tech Champion
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 8,573
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

for the VTA application...SPX p1-4 or TC/Sphere p1-6 its the same.....if you run in adv modes the SPX will kill a Sphere/TC....but with the allowed profiles they are the same....its been tested several times at mutiple tracks....and LRP agrees with it as well...

the Tekin on v189 is said to be just the same....but when you jump up to the adv time versions with all the boost...its the fastest thing on the market....

running non-adv/turbo/boost is the "cheapest" way at the present to slow the cars down so they are more even...as you saw I ran on profile 1 Sunday. And it was really smooth in the infield, due to the fact that I was on full throttle most of the time...I wasnt over woking the car or tires. Ive learned that when these cars are more smooth the turn better laps...and when you look at my lap times, I was very consitant all day....

fast lap....13.6
top 5.......13.8
top 10.....13.9
top 20.....14.0

but you also have to look at the fact that you TQ'd and we did the inverted start....

also you also have to remember batteries play a role as well...the SMC 5000 28c battery Im using is a year old and kicking really strong here lately..not sure why...but is seems better than when I 1st got it....and some guys charge the packs at 10amps...and that makes a little difference as well...

we will do some in-house testing on the next club race..even bring out the GTB car and hook up a Sphere I have and see what is really different...
__________________
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
Team Associated/Reedy Powered/PROTOform/OTT/1UP
Apex Raceway and Hobbies
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 07:38 PM   #15
Tech Fanatic
 
jgraham37128's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 801
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
for the VTA application...SPX p1-4 or TC/Sphere p1-6 its the same.....if you run in adv modes the SPX will kill a Sphere/TC....but with the allowed profiles they are the same....its been tested several times at mutiple tracks....and LRP agrees with it as well...

the Tekin on v189 is said to be just the same....but when you jump up to the adv time versions with all the boost...its the fastest thing on the market....

running non-adv/turbo/boost is the "cheapest" way at the present to slow the cars down so they are more even...as you saw I ran on profile 1 Sunday. And it was really smooth in the infield, due to the fact that I was on full throttle most of the time...I wasnt over woking the car or tires. Ive learned that when these cars are more smooth the turn better laps...and when you look at my lap times, I was very consitant all day....

fast lap....13.6
top 5.......13.8
top 10.....13.9
top 20.....14.0

but you also have to look at the fact that you TQ'd and we did the inverted start....

also you also have to remember batteries play a role as well...the SMC 5000 28c battery Im using is a year old and kicking really strong here lately..not sure why...but is seems better than when I 1st got it....and some guys charge the packs at 10amps...and that makes a little difference as well...

we will do some in-house testing on the next club race..even bring out the GTB car and hook up a Sphere I have and see what is really different...

My laps we're consistent too. I just feel I'm lacking in the horsepower department. I think if I go to another speed controller I may be able to turn the 13.6 lap times.

Top 5 14.192
Top 10 14.262
Top 20 14.362

I'd like to run a heat with the Sphere and then one with the Tekin or SPX and see if I can tell a difference.

JG
jgraham37128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
lrp spx stock spec chuckharrisjr Electric On-Road 1131 02-22-2017 11:58 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:55 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net