R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-19-2004, 07:03 PM   #1426
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

Kilruf- don't waste your time on the 415. Well, it might be competitive on green carpet where there aren't many racers, but when the bite comes up and the TC3s and Xrays are carrying mad corner speed, the 415 will push like a dump truck. I would love to see the new EVO4 suspension solve this problem, but somehow I doubt it will. If it does, I'll be putting the !V susp. on my EVO3SE- otherwise I'm selling the 3 and geting something else to run on carpet this year.
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 07:07 PM   #1427
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally posted by BigDogRacing
Kilruf- don't waste your time on the 415. Well, it might be competitive on green carpet where there aren't many racers, but when the bite comes up and the TC3s and Xrays are carrying mad corner speed, the 415 will push like a dump truck. I would love to see the new EVO4 suspension solve this problem, but somehow I doubt it will. If it does, I'll be putting the !V susp. on my EVO3SE- otherwise I'm selling the 3 and geting something else to run on carpet this year.
You selling the Terdmiya? Thats like me saying I am only going to run one car for a full year!!!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 07:21 PM   #1428
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hmmm I guess we'll have to see if the rumor is true of Surikarn heading to Cleveland of not. If that's the case, then maybe he can get things worked out. I do know that the Tamiya cars run a longer wheel base than say a TC3. Even the standard Yokomo SD setups run a longer wheel base. I shortened it up as much as I could and the car rotated alot better and faster thru the turn (Yokomo). I just simply made the wheelbase the same as a short wheelbase TC3. I'll have to try it out on the Evo IV and 415.

I plan on using a TC4 for the Snowbirds though. My Evo IV is mainly for the TCS races up in PA, and MD next year. The 415 my 19t/Mod asphalt car. And I save the Yokomo for the Regional and State races for Stock class.

Kinda sucks having so many different cars because you can not concentrate on just one and being as fast as you can. But then again this is just my hobby. And I enjoy it. I'll post up if I find a decent setup on carpet.

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 09:33 PM   #1429
Tech Elite

Kil see my post in the 415 thread on a front diff real easy using parts from the MR4 offroad car.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:24 AM   #1430
Tech Regular

Going to be racing my EVO IV on carpet with rubber tyres over the winter once i have built the car. The tyres are control tyres either Pits D20 slick or Take off CS22 not sure just yet.

Seeing as i have never raced on carpet before can someone recomend a starting setup with a ball diff up front and either Tamiya springs or TC3 springs, going to be racing in the 27turn stock motor class.

Thanks in advance for your help guys.
Old 09-20-2004, 04:48 AM   #1431
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi guys,

Do you have slop in the front C hubs with the 2.6x10mm screw pins?
Because I have a lot, they looks to be too thin (they are 2.5 in fact).
Do you have any solution?

Thanks
Hugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 12:49 PM   #1432
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

can someone give me Jurgen's email address. Need to contact him on getting some stuff.
Old 09-20-2004, 01:23 PM   #1433
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm looking for a new car and the Evo 4 is one I'm considering. Can you run it straight out of the box or are more hop-ups required?

Has anyone raced other cars previously so that they can compare them to the Evo 4?
bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 02:18 PM   #1434
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by stonedgti
can someone give me Jurgen's email address. Need to contact him on getting some stuff.
you got PM
Old 09-20-2004, 03:46 PM   #1435
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by KilRuf
...I shortened [the wheel base] up as much as I could and the car rotated alot better and faster thru the turn (Yokomo). I just simply made the wheelbase the same as a short wheelbase TC3. I'll have to try it out on the Evo IV and 415...
How did you go about shortening the wheel base? Did u just move the spacers on the hinge pin connected to the blocks?

Also, has anyone else has massssive problems with the driveshaft cups AND bevel gear? I disintegrated my bevel gear into dust and the drive cup practically blew apart TWICE in 2 races (first the rear, then the front) The alloy retainer rings seems to have worked for the rear, so i'll put that on the front as well, but I'm not too sure about the bevel gears. I'm sure I've shimmed it correctly.
hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 04:20 PM   #1436
Tech Elite

Yeah, just adjust the shims on the suspension arms/pin to short or lengthen the wheelbase.

As for gear problems, I don't have any as of yet. Of course mine is shimmed tighter than what the manual says to. But there is still a slight amount of play in there.

Difuser, I'm just too lazy to order the Yok parts for the 415..

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 01:55 AM   #1437
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Just a quick post, we should have some square products in stock tomorrow for the EVO IV, website should be updated by tomorrow night

Steve Wang
Old 09-22-2004, 05:30 PM   #1438
Tech Regular

Default Re: drive cups

Quote:
Originally posted by hierog
Kilruf, are you still running the cups with the diff rings over them? I bought the Team Bomber carbon shaft and decided to try this fix too. Having any problems with it? did you put CA on it to hold it in place or did you leave it dry? It seems to be pretty tight without the CA, but when the rotation starts, i don't know what to expect

vic
Where did you get the team bomber shaft from? Ive been looking everywhere for team bomber gear online.

Cheers,

Mossie
Mossie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 06:10 PM   #1439
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
I bought the Team Bomber Carbon shaft from Rainbow Ten

vic
hierog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 09:57 PM   #1440
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium

Quote:
Originally posted by hierog
I bought the Team Bomber Carbon shaft from Rainbow Ten

vic
me too... only they listed it under "G-style" i think, not as a Bomber brand. at the moment, they dont show it in stock, tho.

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote