R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-22-2004, 12:48 PM   #1141
Tech Fanatic
 
Arun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: GA
Posts: 753
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Yes the HPI knuckle can be used up front with stock c-huball you have to do is add a .5mm shim and use the TC-3 dog bone works great also same for the rear..you can use the Pro4 rear hub
also no problem on the bumper plate...PM me for more details

-Dave
Excuse me,
but what is the point of changing to hpi parts? Do you prefer them (if so, why), or is it just because you do not have tamiya spares yet?
__________________
http://nexusracing.com
Arun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 01:16 PM   #1142
Tech Champion
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,212
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Proficar403
Excuse me,
but what is the point of changing to hpi parts? Do you prefer them (if so, why), or is it just because you do not have tamiya spares yet?
they use the bigger more durable bearings...JDM lives in Japan...he's got no problem getting spare and option parts.
__________________
HB WCE HARA EDITION CYCLONE: LRP Sphere TC, KO 2363 digital servo.
HB HARA EDITION PRO4: Gone to a new home..

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 06:38 PM   #1143
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 68
Thumbs up evo 4 building

hey all evo 4 owners,


I just wanted to know how hard ...or... easy it is to build


ive heard that there are many shims in the kit



thanks
jferg10472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 06:51 PM   #1144
Tech Master
 
FW-05RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,384
Default

Is it true that Surikarn and the rest of the Tamiya Team will be running the TRF 415 instead of the Evo IV at the Worlds?
FW-05RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 07:13 PM   #1145
Tech Fanatic
 
hawker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 751
Default Re: evo 4 building

Quote:
Originally posted by jferg10472
hey all evo 4 owners,


I just wanted to know how hard ...or... easy it is to build


ive heard that there are many shims in the kit



thanks
There are a lot of shims because the bulkheads are alloy, there is no play so they build them a little loose and use the shims to tighten it up.
hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 07:20 PM   #1146
Tech Elite
 
JimmyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 4,443
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Yes, the Evo IV axle bearings are quite small. Reminds me of 1/12th scale front wheel bearings. hehe... So they are easily damaged. Parts are not hard for me to get. But I prefer the reliability of a larger bearing. Just ask Fernando or Kumpol...... Arun.

So Dave... to use the HPI front spindle... I'd need a .5mm shim... bearings... a Pro4 axle.. and a TC3 dog bone. Is this correct? I'd like to get this car setup soon for carpet. And I DO NOT want to use the small bearings!!

I have my car shimmed pretty tight right now. I think the stock setting was just alittle too loose for my liking.
__________________
M.J. McIntyre

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 09:18 PM   #1147
Regional Moderator
 
kumpol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 970
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by FW05R
Is it true that Surikarn and the rest of the Tamiya Team will be running the TRF 415 instead of the Evo IV at the Worlds?
not 416 or EVO5? j/k.....nah...I think they will stick with the EVO4......but at this time only Fernando will race with the 415 at the worlds.

KilRuf: hey, how are you doing? do you still have the new sus. on the 415? if yes, how do you like it?
kumpol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 09:22 PM   #1148
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by KilRuf


So Dave... to use the HPI front spindle... I'd need a .5mm shim... bearings... a Pro4 axle.. and a TC3 dog bone. Is this correct? I'd like to get this car setup soon for carpet. And I DO NOT want to use the small bearings!!
Yep.. thats all
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽµ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 11:39 PM   #1149
Tech Champion
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,212
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by KilRuf
Yes, the Evo IV axle bearings are quite small. Reminds me of 1/12th scale front wheel bearings. hehe... So they are easily damaged. Parts are not hard for me to get. But I prefer the reliability of a larger bearing. Just ask Fernando or Kumpol...... Arun.

So Dave... to use the HPI front spindle... I'd need a .5mm shim... bearings... a Pro4 axle.. and a TC3 dog bone. Is this correct? I'd like to get this car setup soon for carpet. And I DO NOT want to use the small bearings!!

I have my car shimmed pretty tight right now. I think the stock setting was just alittle too loose for my liking.
TC3 dog bone is the same size as the Pro4 only in Purple. but you can get the Ti bones from square as well...
__________________
HB WCE HARA EDITION CYCLONE: LRP Sphere TC, KO 2363 digital servo.
HB HARA EDITION PRO4: Gone to a new home..

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 01:47 AM   #1150
V12
Tech Elite
 
V12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,641
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by FW05R
Is it true that Surikarn and the rest of the Tamiya Team will be running the TRF 415 instead of the Evo IV at the Worlds?
One week ago I talked to Marc Rheinard from the German TRF team and he want´s driving the 415 at the worlds as he likes belt more than shaft. He also have an EVO IV but he likes the 415 more. He uses the new suspension now on his 415 but he also is incredible fast with the old suspension.
Next weekend we will see what he´s running and how he´s doing at the Touring Nationals here.
__________________
Classic RC - http://classicrc.wordpress.com/
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 02:35 AM   #1151
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by V12
One week ago I talked to Marc Rheinard from the German TRF team and he want´s driving the 415 at the worlds as he likes belt more than shaft. He also have an EVO IV but he likes the 415 more. He uses the new suspension now on his 415 but he also is incredible fast with the old suspension.
Next weekend we will see what he´s running and how he´s doing at the Touring Nationals here.
Sounds interesting!!!

Oh man, I'm going to miss the Nationals, too I've got the Ötztaler Marathon next weekend
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 02:38 AM   #1152
V12
Tech Elite
 
V12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,641
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Sounds interesting!!!

Oh man, I'm going to miss the Nationals, too I've got the Ötztaler Marathon next weekend
Hi Mark

Maybe you should change direction and do a Marathon around Burgdorf.
__________________
Classic RC - http://classicrc.wordpress.com/
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 02:50 AM   #1153
Tech Regular
 
Hardriven RC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aartselaar Belgium
Posts: 345
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by V12
One week ago I talked to Marc Rheinard from the German TRF team and he want´s driving the 415 at the worlds as he likes belt more than shaft. He also have an EVO IV but he likes the 415 more. He uses the new suspension now on his 415 but he also is incredible fast with the old suspension.
Next weekend we will see what he´s running and how he´s doing at the Touring Nationals here.
I don't know how big the track is in Florida, but if it is a large track, all the Tamiya boys will run the 415. Altough i'm a shaft drive fan it is still so that a belt car has an advantage on faster tracks. This is probably due to the faster the car goes the less drag a belt has.
I spoke to Uwe (Marc's dad) a couple of days ago. He told me that there won't be a new car or evo parts by the time the worlds are run.
To bad Marc won't be at the Euro finals next week. Would have been a good race with all the former Eurochamps there.
Hardriven RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 02:53 AM   #1154
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by V12
Hi Mark

Maybe you should change direction and do a Marathon around Burgdorf.
Hmm, then I wouldn't have the 5500hm to ride wait not having to do 5500hm is not a bad idea, actually
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 03:41 AM   #1155
V12
Tech Elite
 
V12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,641
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Hmm, then I wouldn't have the 5500hm to ride wait not having to do 5500hm is not a bad idea, actually
I don´t think so but if you´re not going to the Marathon but to the Nationals please send me a PM so we could meet. I´m leaving very early on Thursday morning or even maybe 1 day earlier.
__________________
Classic RC - http://classicrc.wordpress.com/
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Selling Schumacher Mi2, Tamiya M02, Tamiya TA04-S, Tamiya TB Evolution 3 Surikarn Ltd st_rob Australia For Sale/Trade 4 12-23-2008 07:37 PM
FS: Tamiya TB Evolution II (NEW) ivan3721 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 05-18-2008 05:56 PM
FS: Tamiya TB Evolution 5 veecee Australia For Sale/Trade 3 07-20-2007 08:13 PM
tamiya tb evolution 5 b-man777 Electric On-Road 1 05-24-2006 11:38 AM
XXX-S GP VS Tamiya Evolution III capricess Electric On-Road 29 01-27-2003 08:49 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:01 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net