Search
Like Tree2Likes

Tamiya TB-Evolution IV

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 11:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

we actually have a few of the Futaba S9550 low profile servo in stock at the moment. Click here to go straight to the servo page

Steve Wang
Old 08-06-2004, 12:37 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by FW05R
Evo IV Surikarn Edition

*crosses fingers in hope it will become a reality*
I don't know why eveyone's getting so worked up about a Surikarn version. It will be the same, only red.

The EVO 3 Surikarn addressed issues with the standard EVO 3

Standard EVO 4 doesn't have the same issues (or any issues that I know of, save for the plastic prop cups)

So what real benefit will be forthcoming with an EVO 4 Surikarn?

Red bits for those that don't like blue?
Old 08-06-2004, 12:39 AM
Tech Elite

It's also more than just anodizing. It's geometry changes and upgrades. But the majority is the*bling*.
Old 08-06-2004, 12:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by The Black Kat
*sticks finger down throat*

I've never had a HiTec last me more than 5 months. Even during those 5 months I'd have to reset trim everytime I went to the track and my car would occasionally glitch

Gee, a $5 servo case is a lot compared to your $400 cars and $175 speed controls
Just because you had a bad experience with Hitec doesn't mean everybody does. The 625MG is a good steering servo, fast with bags of torque. We have never had one go wrong or glitch.

Why spend 4 times as much on a slower, less punchy servo just because it makes you feel better. It certainly doesn't help the car.

Anyway, there is plenty of room for this, a Hitec HFS03 receiver and a Quantum or XRS. There is about 3/8" to the motor. Plenty.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TB-Evolution IV-2.jpg  
Old 08-06-2004, 12:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by EVOtech
I don't know why eveyone's getting so worked up about a Surikarn version. It will be the same, only red.

The EVO 3 Surikarn addressed issues with the standard EVO 3

Standard EVO 4 doesn't have the same issues (or any issues that I know of, save for the plastic prop cups)

So what real benefit will be forthcoming with an EVO 4 Surikarn?

Red bits for those that don't like blue?
Well, a Evo4 SL would be a cheaper way to go as it would likely include all the upgrade bits like ti screws and turnbuckle, alumnium input shaft, sway bars, etc. etc. that would cost another $150 or more if purchased separately.
Old 08-06-2004, 12:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Neil Rabara
It's also more than just anodizing. It's geometry changes and upgrades. But the majority is the*bling*.
Yeah, but I don't see that it has got any geometry issues, so it will tend far more towards bling than the EVO3?
Old 08-06-2004, 12:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by jeffreylin
Well, a Evo4 SL would be a cheaper way to go as it would likely include all the upgrade bits like ti screws and turnbuckle, alumnium input shaft, sway bars, etc. etc. that would cost another $150 or more if purchased separately.
Maybe, we'll have to wait and see.
Old 08-06-2004, 12:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by EVOtech
Yeah, but I don't see that it has got any geometry issues, so it will tend far more towards bling than the EVO3?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the car is completely different which includes all geometry changes. It even has a new suspension.
Old 08-06-2004, 01:03 AM
Tech Regular

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the car is completely different which includes all geometry changes. It even has a new suspension.
Not quite. The whole point of the Surikarn is that it gives you the opportunity to make geometry adjustments.

That means just as much opportunity to get it wrong as get it right. There are things that it doesn't address, like roll centre adjustment, for example.

All I'm saying is that the EVO 4 is so much better than the EVO 3 was straight out of the box. There is, therefore, a reduced need for another version with a lot of tweeks.

That won't stop Tamiya from selling one, of course.
Old 08-06-2004, 01:05 AM
Tech Elite

I'm sure something will come out after the worlds. That's the biggie that everyone is going to show off.
Old 08-06-2004, 01:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Look for a "newer" Suspension for the EVO4...... a little birdy in the states and a little birdy told me this form Japan...so even more Sus Options to choose from...
-Dave

Last edited by JDM_DOHC_SiR; 08-08-2004 at 02:03 AM.
Old 08-06-2004, 01:07 AM
Tech Elite

It's a good looking car. The pic of the car in an earlier post makes it look like a rally car.
Old 08-06-2004, 01:08 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Look for a "newer" Suspension for the EVO4......:snaeky: a little birdy in the states and a little birdy told me this form Japan...so even more Sus Options to choose from...
-Dave
But there's not a lot wrong with it as is, is there Dave?
Old 08-06-2004, 01:10 AM
Tech Regular

It's a good looking car. The pic of the car in an earlier post makes it look like a rally car.
That's probably our one? It has an EVO3 balldiff in the front and it's for dusty floor indoor use.

We're getting another one for outdoor probably.

First try tonight!
Old 08-06-2004, 01:12 AM
Tech Elite

If you do put it in the dirt, get a guard for the spur/pinion mesh.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.