R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-14-2004, 12:24 AM   #526
Tech Elite
 
jeffreylin's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Traction Roll!
Posts: 2,564
Default Re: Re: Re: Got it today

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
2.5mm ( 2.63mm is what the digital calipers say)

-Dave
Bummer--I was hoping for 3mm...
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 12:27 AM   #527
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: San Jose California
Posts: 1,251
Default Re: EVO 4 pics

Quote:
Originally posted by madjack
(Sorry about the quality, but the pics were taken with my phone)
Well exuse us, not many guys have cell phones that take pictures LOL j/p

Hell I don't have a cell phone period cause I got the last Evo that came out

To be honest, It looks like the only think the Evo IV has over the EvoIII is the Alloy 1-way gear, 3 piece shaft and the new suspension. And the "bling factor"

Looks like I can hop an Evo SL up to IV spec, might not be TCS eligeable but I can't get to the site of the local TCS anyway.
The Black Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 12:32 AM   #528
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Got it today

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffreylin
Bummer--I was hoping for 3mm...
I belive it's in the works from Tamiya.. ... if not I ordered a Spare one ..that I'm going to send to Jason at BMI to see if he can have a go at making one
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 12:33 AM   #529
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: EVO 4 pics

Quote:
Originally posted by The Black Kat


To be honest, It looks like the only think the Evo IV has over the EvoIII is the Alloy 1-way gear, 3 piece shaft and the new suspension. And the "bling factor"
The Alloy gear is an option ..... but it might be worth it..I'll let you all know when I test it at the track this Friday...of how it holds up to the Shake down/break parts run
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 06:08 AM   #530
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Wink Chassis prep done

..all the prep work is done on the EVO4 now.... putting it together now..and taking step by step shot`s that I`ll have up in less that 24hrs .. Very good Quality through out on this kit.. one thing to point out is that the a-arms need a little prep work with a file and a hole reamer..(3.05mm one is best).. also I was able to get a set of good ceramic bearings for the car...minus the hard to get 950 sized ones
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 09:01 AM   #531
Tech Master
 
madjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Orange County
Posts: 1,769
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to madjack
Default Re: Re: Got it today

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffreylin
Hi dave, perhaps you can clarify for me--is the bottom deck 2.5mm or 3mm thick? Thanks, Jeff
Not sure this will be a problem because of the overall stiffness of the entire chassis. (my E3 has a 3mm chassis and it has more flex than the E4)
madjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 09:04 AM   #532
Tech Master
 
madjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Orange County
Posts: 1,769
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to madjack
Default Re: Re: EVO 4 pics

Quote:
Originally posted by The Black Kat
Well exuse us, not many guys have cell phones that take pictures LOL j/p

Hell I don't have a cell phone period cause I got the last Evo that came out

To be honest, It looks like the only think the Evo IV has over the EvoIII is the Alloy 1-way gear, 3 piece shaft and the new suspension. And the "bling factor"

Looks like I can hop an Evo SL up to IV spec, might not be TCS eligeable but I can't get to the site of the local TCS anyway.
I think you will find that this is a much different car...from suspension to drive train
madjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 09:11 AM   #533
Tech Elite
 
jeffreylin's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Traction Roll!
Posts: 2,564
Default Re: Re: Re: Got it today

Quote:
Originally posted by madjack
Not sure this will be a problem because of the overall stiffness of the entire chassis. (my E3 has a 3mm chassis and it has more flex than the E4)
That is a relief. The tweak on the EVO3 is a bigger problem than the gear stripping problem IMHO.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 10:56 AM   #534
V12
Tech Elite
 
V12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,641
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Chassis prep done

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
..all the prep work is done on the EVO4 now.... putting it together now..and taking step by step shot`s that I`ll have up in less that 24hrs .. Very good Quality through out on this kit.. one thing to point out is that the a-arms need a little prep work with a file and a hole reamer..(3.05mm one is best).. also I was able to get a set of good ceramic bearings for the car...minus the hard to get 950 sized ones
-Dave
Dave
what brand of ceramic bearings did you get?
__________________
Classic RC - http://classicrc.wordpress.com/
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 03:23 PM   #535
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Chassis prep done

Quote:
Originally posted by V12
Dave
what brand of ceramic bearings did you get?
Squat
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 03:59 PM   #536
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Paris - France
Posts: 399
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Dave,

what are the different turnbuckle length ?
need that info to buy blue alu or titanium turnbuckle...

thx
Ralf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 04:59 PM   #537
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Ralf
Dave,

what are the different turnbuckle length ?
need that info to buy blue alu or titanium turnbuckle...

thx

I went out and bought the 23mm and 32mm Tamiya ones... but you might be able to fit 35mm ones though
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 05:08 PM   #538
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
I went out and bought the 23mm and 32mm Tamiya ones... but you might be able to fit 35mm ones though
-Dave
Dave... we're anxiously awaiting pics
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 05:15 PM   #539
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Hebiki
Dave... we're anxiously awaiting pics
I"m at work right now... Can"t post pic's form this CPU... ...couple more hrs
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 05:17 PM   #540
Tech Champion
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,212
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
I"m at work right now... Can"t post pic's form this CPU... ...couple more hrs
-Dave
hours... you're killing me Dave...

while you're building it... will the alum. bulkheads fit the Pro4?
__________________
HB WCE HARA EDITION CYCLONE: LRP Sphere TC, KO 2363 digital servo.
HB HARA EDITION PRO4: Gone to a new home..

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Selling Schumacher Mi2, Tamiya M02, Tamiya TA04-S, Tamiya TB Evolution 3 Surikarn Ltd st_rob Australia For Sale/Trade 4 12-23-2008 07:37 PM
FS: Tamiya TB Evolution II (NEW) ivan3721 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 05-18-2008 05:56 PM
FS: Tamiya TB Evolution 5 veecee Australia For Sale/Trade 3 07-20-2007 08:13 PM
tamiya tb evolution 5 b-man777 Electric On-Road 1 05-24-2006 11:38 AM
XXX-S GP VS Tamiya Evolution III capricess Electric On-Road 29 01-27-2003 08:49 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:39 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net