R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-08-2004, 11:04 AM   #466
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by V12
Suspension parts are almost identical with the EVO III and the 415. But the EVO IV suspension is completely different.
No existing part from the EVO III or 415 could be used with the EVO IV.
Then the 415 is looking a better choice for someone with a lot of EVO III parts.
Are you getting the ti screws for your 415 or do you feel it doesn't need them?
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 11:09 AM   #467
V12
Tech Elite
 
V12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,641
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Izzy
Noticed the same with the EVO III as you. Really was hooked out of the box.

I canīt tell anything from personal experience regarding the 415 as mine is just on its way to me.
But everybody who bought a 415 here is quite happy. Maybe our tracks are different or anything else, I donīt know. These 415 are so fast, everybody having an EVO III before said itīs much faster and so easy to drive.

But if there are any problems regarding setup I think the new fixed centerdrive pully will make the handling more easy.
__________________
Classic RC - http://classicrc.wordpress.com/
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 11:11 AM   #468
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Did you get your 415 for a good price, V12
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 11:13 AM   #469
Tech Elite
 
izzyracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,729
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by V12
Izzy
Noticed the same with the EVO III as you. Really was hooked out of the box.

I canīt tell anything from personal experience regarding the 415 as mine is just on its way to me.
But everybody who bought a 415 here is quite happy. Maybe our tracks are different or anything else, I donīt know. These 415 are so fast, everybody having an EVO III before said itīs much faster and so easy to drive.

But if there are any problems regarding setup I think the new fixed centerdrive pully will make the handling more easy.
I'm not putting down the 415 at all. I think it is a great and fast car and with that, I know you will enjoy it. I just did not have that same experience.
__________________
Izzy
izzyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 11:14 AM   #470
V12
Tech Elite
 
V12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,641
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Then the 415 is looking a better choice for someone with a lot of EVO III parts.
Are you getting the ti screws for your 415 or do you feel it doesn't need them?
Iīm using some Square Ti screws with my EVO III but I donīt think you need them with the 415. Everybody tells you the 415 is way lighter than an EVO.

I have to see how good are the original 415 screws. Maybe Iīm going with stainless steel screws. On the bottom of the chassis Iīm never using Ti screws anyway.
__________________
Classic RC - http://classicrc.wordpress.com/
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 11:18 AM   #471
V12
Tech Elite
 
V12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,641
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Izzy
Iīm sorry the 415 didnīt work for you but I hope it works for me.

Alan from the UK told me he was using a fixed centerdrive and the Jürgen frontdiff at the last race and the 415 was very easy to drive but still very fast.
__________________
Classic RC - http://classicrc.wordpress.com/
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 11:23 AM   #472
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by V12
Izzy
Iīm sorry the 415 didnīt work for you but I hope it works for me.

Alan from the UK told me he was using a fixed centerdrive and the Jürgen frontdiff at the last race and the 415 was very easy to drive but still very fast.
If it works well on small tracks, then that's fine for me I only run indoor - outdoor is the Serpent for me.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 11:44 AM   #473
Tech Master
 
f1larry's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Buffalo Grove, IL
Posts: 1,783
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to f1larry
Default

what is the part number for the for the new suspension kit from the EVO IV.

I also agree about the best F1 racing being before 1994. At least at that time the driver drove the car and not a computer.

Senna's death was a very sad day. Would have love to see he and Schumacher race against each other more.
__________________
Windy City RC Raceway & Hobbies, Arlington Heights, IL
Exotek F1R3|X-Ray T4 16|CRC WC-Xti|TT02|TA05|TL01|
f1larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 11:53 AM   #474
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by f1larry
what is the part number for the for the new suspension kit from the EVO IV.

I also agree about the best F1 racing being before 1994. At least at that time the driver drove the car and not a computer.

Senna's death was a very sad day. Would have love to see he and Schumacher race against each other more.
Pre-94 F1 was like chess - you watched the race build - I would sit down with my glass of beer and be absorbed for 2 hours.
Post-94 F1 is like poker - you haven't a clue what anyone is doing or if they are fast due to fuel load, etc. This is short term entertainment to my mind and not something to sit down and savour.

We only got a taste of Senna v Schumacher - I remember Irvines comments about Senna and Schumacher passing him in Brazil - he said Schumacher went past him as if he was on rails, but Senna's car was all over the place, he couldn't understand how Senna was keeping it on the track, never mind how he was fastest!!!
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 11:55 AM   #475
V12
Tech Elite
 
V12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,641
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

the new suspension kit is # 49346
__________________
Classic RC - http://classicrc.wordpress.com/
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 11:58 AM   #476
Tech Master
 
f1larry's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Buffalo Grove, IL
Posts: 1,783
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to f1larry
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Pre-94 F1 was like chess - you watched the race build - I would sit down with my glass of beer and be absorbed for 2 hours.
Post-94 F1 is like poker - you haven't a clue what anyone is doing or if they are fast due to fuel load, etc. This is short term entertainment to my mind and not something to sit down and savour.

We only got a taste of Senna v Schumacher - I remember Irvines comments about Senna and Schumacher passing him in Brazil - he said Schumacher went past him as if he was on rails, but Senna's car was all over the place, he couldn't understand how Senna was keeping it on the track, never mind how he was fastest!!!
here in the states I use to wake up at 6am on Sundays to watch the races live. Now with them being for the most part parades I wait till the evening to watch the taped replay. I would have liked to see Senna drive todays Ferrari I could only imagine what the margain of victory would be
__________________
Windy City RC Raceway & Hobbies, Arlington Heights, IL
Exotek F1R3|X-Ray T4 16|CRC WC-Xti|TT02|TA05|TL01|
f1larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 12:00 PM   #477
Tech Master
 
f1larry's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Buffalo Grove, IL
Posts: 1,783
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to f1larry
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by V12
the new suspension kit is # 49346
V12,
Thanks
__________________
Windy City RC Raceway & Hobbies, Arlington Heights, IL
Exotek F1R3|X-Ray T4 16|CRC WC-Xti|TT02|TA05|TL01|
f1larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 12:02 PM   #478
V12
Tech Elite
 
V12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,641
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by f1larry
V12,
Thanks
no problem
__________________
Classic RC - http://classicrc.wordpress.com/
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 12:04 PM   #479
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by f1larry
here in the states I use to wake up at 6am on Sundays to watch the races live. Now with them being for the most part parades I wait till the evening to watch the taped replay. I would have liked to see Senna drive todays Ferrari I could only imagine what the margain of victory would be
I simply gave up watching F1 about 3 or 4 years ago - I was the biggest fan of F1 up until then. I used to tape every race and before the start I'd be shaking due to the anticipation.

I'm luckly enough to still have a tape of the Donnington race in 93 where Senna ran rings around everyone - when I watch the first lap of that race I just shake my head and grin
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 12:11 PM   #480
V12
Tech Elite
 
V12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,641
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
I simply gave up watching F1 about 3 or 4 years ago - I was the biggest fan of F1 up until then. I used to tape every race and before the start I'd be shaking due to the anticipation.

I'm luckly enough to still have a tape of the Donnington race in 93 where Senna ran rings around everyone - when I watch the first lap of that race I just shake my head and grin
Iīm still watching F1. What else could you watch as a fan of motorsports? Even LeMans racing isnīt the same as before.
__________________
Classic RC - http://classicrc.wordpress.com/
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Selling Schumacher Mi2, Tamiya M02, Tamiya TA04-S, Tamiya TB Evolution 3 Surikarn Ltd st_rob Australia For Sale/Trade 4 12-23-2008 07:37 PM
FS: Tamiya TB Evolution II (NEW) ivan3721 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 05-18-2008 05:56 PM
FS: Tamiya TB Evolution 5 veecee Australia For Sale/Trade 3 07-20-2007 08:13 PM
tamiya tb evolution 5 b-man777 Electric On-Road 1 05-24-2006 11:38 AM
XXX-S GP VS Tamiya Evolution III capricess Electric On-Road 29 01-27-2003 08:49 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:02 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net