R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-04-2011, 07:23 PM   #3541
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 140
Default

I had to use counter sunk washers on top deck screws to keep it more tweak resistant.
TubOLard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 02:19 PM   #3542
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 196
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Can I just chop off the top of this pillar to make it flex more? Can't seem to find those aftermarket pillars Wc posted. And if someone has the pillar part number.

__________________
Losi SCTe
Tamiya Evo IV

Last edited by bustanut666; 11-06-2011 at 08:49 PM.
bustanut666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:25 PM   #3543
Tech Regular
 
Blueman Austria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustanut666 View Post
Can I just chop off the top of this pillar to make it flex more? Can't seem to find those aftermarket pillars Wc posted. And if someone has the pillar part number.

Hy!

What kind of Lipo holder do you use? Custom made, or attached from another car?

Greetings Rainer
__________________
_______________________________________________________________________
TT01, F104, TRF415MSXXMRE07, TB Evo5 Exoten, TB Evo6, TRF417v7, TRF 418........
Blueman Austria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:45 PM   #3544
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 196
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueman Austria View Post
Hy!

What kind of Lipo holder do you use? Custom made, or attached from another car?

Greetings Rainer
It's from exotek RC but had to modify a little to make it work
__________________
Losi SCTe
Tamiya Evo IV
bustanut666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:48 AM   #3545
Tech Regular
 
Blueman Austria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 420
Default

Haxe you drilled extra holes in the chassis, or does the stick pack mount holes fit?

Greetings Rainer
__________________
_______________________________________________________________________
TT01, F104, TRF415MSXXMRE07, TB Evo5 Exoten, TB Evo6, TRF417v7, TRF 418........
Blueman Austria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:04 AM   #3546
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueman Austria View Post
Haxe you drilled extra holes in the chassis, or does the stick pack mount holes fit?

Greetings Rainer
Don't worry about any special lipo holders for this chassis. With the motor running in the direction that it does, the chassis is completely balanced without any mods. Use the stock battery holders and tape them in. No need for the top battery hold down. Trust me on this, I know this chassis very well. I TQ'ed the tamiya worlds in 2007 and helped my friend at the iic and roar nats podium twice.
Juan Aveytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:12 AM   #3547
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 196
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueman Austria View Post
Haxe you drilled extra holes in the chassis, or does the stick pack mount holes fit?

Greetings Rainer
i did not have to drill any holes in the chassis.. i did have to drill a hole in the battery riser piece "J2 in manual" to put a screw in it... i'll try to take a picture of it later to show you. Also, as Juan stated, you really do not need this, you can just use tape. I just like carbon fiber..haha..
__________________
Losi SCTe
Tamiya Evo IV
bustanut666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:15 AM   #3548
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 196
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

@ JUAN or anyone else..

anyone have any thoughts/suggestions on me chopping off the top of that battery holder to allow more flex?? already have it removed from the car, about to put a dremel too it...
__________________
Losi SCTe
Tamiya Evo IV
bustanut666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:47 AM   #3549
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustanut666 View Post
@ JUAN or anyone else..

anyone have any thoughts/suggestions on me chopping off the top of that battery holder to allow more flex?? already have it removed from the car, about to put a dremel too it...
Whats your setup? This car has tones of steering. I run a spool and short suspensionarms. Cc up front and 2 to 3 degrees rear toe
Juan Aveytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:11 PM   #3550
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 196
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia View Post
Whats your setup? This car has tones of steering. I run a spool and short suspensionarms. Cc up front and 2 to 3 degrees rear toe
i am also running a spool up front with regular arms. Have not picked up the short arms yet. Also, i only have the suspension mounts that came with the car, believe its A. car seems fine on a high bite track.. not so great on the tamiya usa track though, rear kicks out alot...

at this point, i am just trying to make the car more tweak resistant thats why i wanted to know if chopping off the top of that mount would help... or maybe not even using some of the screws on the top mount to maybe losen it up...
__________________
Losi SCTe
Tamiya Evo IV
bustanut666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:13 PM   #3551
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustanut666 View Post
i am also running a spool up front with regular arms. Have not picked up the short arms yet. Also, i only have the suspension mounts that came with the car, believe its A. car seems fine on a high bite track.. not so great on the tamiya usa track though, rear kicks out alot...

at this point, i am just trying to make the car more tweak resistant thats why i wanted to know if chopping off the top of that mount would help... or maybe not even using some of the screws on the top mount to maybe losen it up...
I use the metal support instead of the plastic one. The plastic one, if you over tighten will tweak the car. Sounds like you may have your shocks laid down too much in the rear. At the tamiya track, I would run yellows all arounds or blue front/ yellow rear, 6 and 5 droop, 5 mm ride height, 1 1/2 camber and shocks 40wt front and rear with shocks in middle hole. And make adjustments with shocks from there. Use the 3 holes side on the arms and use the middle hole of the three. I would start the camber links as long as possible with a slight angle. If your diff sucks, that will make the car spin out in corners all day long.
Juan Aveytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:23 PM   #3552
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 196
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia View Post
I use the metal support instead of the plastic one. The plastic one, if you over tighten will tweak the car. Sounds like you may have your shocks laid down too much in the rear. At the tamiya track, I would run yellows all arounds or blue front/ yellow rear, 6 and 5 droop, 5 mm ride height, 1 1/2 camber and shocks 40wt front and rear with shocks in middle hole. And make adjustments with shocks from there. Use the 3 holes side on the arms and use the middle hole of the three. I would start the camber links as long as possible with a slight angle. If your diff sucks, that will make the car spin out in corners all day long.
i found the y alum support brace, its for the evo IV MS edition...

as of right now, setup:

droop (5 front, 4 rear),
yellow springs all around
4.5mm ride height
40wt fr, 30wt rear shock oil (2 hole pistons)
camber at -1 all around
shock location (front 3-2) (rear 4-4)

i'll break down my rear diffs to take a look tonight... thanks again..
__________________
Losi SCTe
Tamiya Evo IV

Last edited by bustanut666; 11-07-2011 at 06:18 PM.
bustanut666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:48 PM   #3553
hp
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 6
Default

the tamiya tb evolution iv /ms to me are getting harder to find for sale i know this may be in the wrong forum. i was wondering if anyone is happening to be selling their tamiya TB evo 5 please send me a message if you are thanks again
hp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:41 PM   #3554
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 196
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Here are the pics of the exotek lipo brace.



__________________
Losi SCTe
Tamiya Evo IV
bustanut666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:46 PM   #3555
WC
Tech Master
 
WC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Global Citizen
Posts: 1,930
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Lipo brace looks like a bit of work to fit

I'm just using velcro straps, gotta remove rear pillar as brick packs are too long.

Maybe someone should custom-cut something for TBevos,
make it usable across IV/IVms and 5/5ms.
TBeIII is a lot shorter again.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bustanut666 View Post
Can I just chop off the top of this pillar to make it flex more?
you can just throw the whole thing out u don't need it, we ran without

if running without its best to fit some stops to stop battery hitting shaft.
We used proline plastic wing nuts, or there's some oval little bits from
TBevo tamiya sprues that are never used - works perfect.
__________________
--------------------
www.PandaGFX.com
--------------------
www.MelbRC.org
----------------
WC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Selling Schumacher Mi2, Tamiya M02, Tamiya TA04-S, Tamiya TB Evolution 3 Surikarn Ltd st_rob Australia For Sale/Trade 4 12-23-2008 07:37 PM
FS: Tamiya TB Evolution II (NEW) ivan3721 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 05-18-2008 05:56 PM
FS: Tamiya TB Evolution 5 veecee Australia For Sale/Trade 3 07-20-2007 08:13 PM
tamiya tb evolution 5 b-man777 Electric On-Road 1 05-24-2006 11:38 AM
XXX-S GP VS Tamiya Evolution III capricess Electric On-Road 29 01-27-2003 08:49 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:19 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net