R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-17-2010, 01:23 AM   #3511
Tech Regular
 
Blueman Austria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustong View Post
I recently purchased the TB Evolution 4. My question is the stock silver 1.4mm stabilizer bars (part #'s 5305063 & 5305064) are considered to be what size? Soft, medium, or hard?

Thanks,
1,2 mm soft
1,4 mm meduim
1,6 mm hard

The kit suplied silver stabis are medium ones !

Greetings, Rainer
__________________
_______________________________________________________________________
TT01, F104, TRF415MSXXMRE07, TB Evo5 Exoten, TB Evo6, TRF417v7, TRF 418........
Blueman Austria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:10 PM   #3512
Tech Apprentice
 
rustong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Azusa.Ca
Posts: 77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueman Austria View Post
1,2 mm soft
1,4 mm medium
1,6 mm hard

The kit supplied silver stabis are medium ones !

Greetings, Rainer
I thought there were medium but I wasn't sure, I guess I should have known.

Thanks.
__________________
Russ

< Team Associated RC10TC6.1 / RC12R5.1 >
< OC Circuit & Cal Raceway >< TQ RC Raceway >
< Universal City Nissan >< Viper Team Driver >< CFX >
rustong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:34 PM   #3513
Tech Master
 
superspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,148
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

this kit has been on tamiyausa site for $230 for almost 2 years, I wonder how many they have sold. currently, there are less than 5 in their inventory. Free shipping too.
superspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 04:43 PM   #3514
Tech Master
 
superspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,148
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

anyone think this will be a collector or racing chassis are not worth collecting.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=58331

$230 and free shipping, it's been at this price for more than a year. I guess they had many overstock.

only 3 left in their warehouse. maybe order one and keep it new in box, it seems every Tamiya kits new in box will worth more value in the future.
superspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 06:11 PM   #3515
Tech Master
 
RC-ProSpeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 1,066
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by superspeed View Post
anyone think this will be a collector or racing chassis are not worth collecting.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=58331

$230 and free shipping, it's been at this price for more than a year. I guess they had many overstock.

only 3 left in their warehouse. maybe order one and keep it new in box, it seems every Tamiya kits new in box will worth more value in the future.
Have no idea if is a collector kit or not... I think there is another EVO IV kit that comes with all hopups this one doesn't have all the blue aluminum hopups and could use the nice blue turnbuckles.

What I know is that is a great racing car kit. My son uses it for his GT and touring racing and is a tank... wont brake even after a couple flips in the air.
Keeps up with anything out there. it's about 20 grams heavier then my TC3
__________________
RCRNV (www.rcrnv.com) / *Keep On-Road alive!*
- Nitro Touring - Kyosho EVO 2 WC
- Electric - TC6 (Out of the Box! No upgrades needed)
- F1 - F103RM (Out of the Box! No upgrades needed)

Last edited by RC-ProSpeed; 10-07-2010 at 06:22 PM.
RC-ProSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:27 AM   #3516
Tech Master
 
superspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,148
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

this kit comes with lots of blue aluminum parts too. you might be referring the MS version? black steel turnbuckles is just as good as blue aluminum turnbuckles. the gear covers for front and rear diff can be removed to save some weight. it will look like those belt driven car but seeing a ring gear instead diff housing (bulkhead) is pretty different.

2 left before it goes to "discontinued".
superspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:40 PM   #3517
Tech Master
 
Csaari77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 1,494
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Has anyone else noticed that they have the Evo IV listed on the coming soon section of the Tamiya USA website? Not sure what this mean.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=58331
__________________
Half-A$$ Racing - Problem solved, problem staying solved!
Awesomatix - Serpent - Tekin - Futaba - Cooper Motorsports.
Csaari77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 05:20 PM   #3518
Tech Fanatic
 
Tron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Aliso Viejo, CA
Posts: 899
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csaari77 View Post
Has anyone else noticed that they have the Evo IV listed on the coming soon section of the Tamiya USA website? Not sure what this mean.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=58331
Re-release due to it's temp out of production status?
__________________
Brett H
"D-Main Specialist"
Tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:56 AM   #3519
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: columbus oh
Posts: 887
Default

do anybody know the part # for the spool...or will the tbo3 spool fit in the evo 4...thanks
starrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:36 PM   #3520
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: columbus oh
Posts: 887
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrx View Post
do anybody know the part # for the spool...or will the tbo3 spool fit in the evo 4...thanks
anybody?
starrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:45 PM   #3521
Tech Master
 
RC-ProSpeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 1,066
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrx View Post
do anybody know the part # for the spool...or will the tbo3 spool fit in the evo 4...thanks

Yes, it will fit... just make sure you use the gears from the original one way
You will have to shim it to reduce the side to side play, just make sure that you don't leave it to tight between the gears. Can't remember anymore how many mm. I used for each of the sides. Sorry. (just to make sure the shims will go before the bearings.

hope that helps
__________________
RCRNV (www.rcrnv.com) / *Keep On-Road alive!*
- Nitro Touring - Kyosho EVO 2 WC
- Electric - TC6 (Out of the Box! No upgrades needed)
- F1 - F103RM (Out of the Box! No upgrades needed)
RC-ProSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:52 AM   #3522
Tech Master
 
PizzaDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Parts Unkown
Posts: 1,044
Default

OK clear on the spool. That helps a bit allready.

Can anyone confirm/explain which drivetrain-parts (gears etc) can be used/converted from the TB03, Evo V, Or the TRF502, or any other car or option mfg, etc...?
Can the crown gear also be used, etc...

Would be most thankfull.

Kind regards,
Pizza
PizzaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:04 AM   #3523
Tech Regular
 
Blueman Austria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaDude View Post
OK clear on the spool. That helps a bit allready.

Can anyone confirm/explain which drivetrain-parts (gears etc) can be used/converted from the TB03, Evo V, Or the TRF502, or any other car or option mfg, etc...?
Can the crown gear also be used, etc...

Would be most thankfull.

Kind regards,
Pizza
Hy!

The only pats that fit the Evo IV are the diff halves and bevel gears from the Evo3.

The TB03 shares the parts with the Evo5.

A good tip for the diff aoutdrives are the ALuminium ones form yeah racing. They fit perfect, and are very good quality and came already with the required blades.

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-evo...h=595_744_1234

I use them in the rear with the spool in front, and it works silkysmooth.

The outdrives from the 415, 416, 417 with the matching sleeves are also a direct fit and highly recomended to replace the original spool cups with only the clips on.

Greetings Blueman
__________________
_______________________________________________________________________
TT01, F104, TRF415MSXXMRE07, TB Evo5 Exoten, TB Evo6, TRF417v7, TRF 418........
Blueman Austria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:35 AM   #3524
Tech Master
 
superspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,148
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueman Austria View Post
Hy!

The only pats that fit the Evo IV are the diff halves and bevel gears from the Evo3.

The TB03 shares the parts with the Evo5.

A good tip for the diff aoutdrives are the ALuminium ones form yeah racing. They fit perfect, and are very good quality and came already with the required blades.

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-evo...h=595_744_1234

I use them in the rear with the spool in front, and it works silkysmooth.

The outdrives from the 415, 416, 417 with the matching sleeves are also a direct fit and highly recomended to replace the original spool cups with only the clips on.

Greetings Blueman
Yeah, the Evo 4 shared some parts with TB02 but not TB03. I read the first page of this thread, Tamiya should slow down lol. Maybe they need to stop the high end shaft car all together.
superspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:40 AM   #3525
Tech Master
 
superspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,148
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaDude View Post
OK clear on the spool. That helps a bit allready.

Can anyone confirm/explain which drivetrain-parts (gears etc) can be used/converted from the TB03, Evo V, Or the TRF502, or any other car or option mfg, etc...?
Can the crown gear also be used, etc...

Would be most thankfull.

Kind regards,
Pizza
$40 on a full set of titanium allen head screws is not bad.
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=49345
superspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Selling Schumacher Mi2, Tamiya M02, Tamiya TA04-S, Tamiya TB Evolution 3 Surikarn Ltd st_rob Australia For Sale/Trade 4 12-23-2008 07:37 PM
FS: Tamiya TB Evolution II (NEW) ivan3721 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 05-18-2008 05:56 PM
FS: Tamiya TB Evolution 5 veecee Australia For Sale/Trade 3 07-20-2007 08:13 PM
tamiya tb evolution 5 b-man777 Electric On-Road 1 05-24-2006 11:38 AM
XXX-S GP VS Tamiya Evolution III capricess Electric On-Road 29 01-27-2003 08:49 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:27 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net