R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-28-2005, 12:01 PM   #2506
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to fraz

Quote:
Originally posted by cooliomojo-CEBU
i notice something really odd with my evo 4.....

when i turn my wheels extreme right the right wheel turns in an ugly ragged way. might be hitting something. does anyone of you have this problem? my set-up is really good but im worried as this might affect my runs on our friday club race.
Make sure you have the blue steering blocks in the right direction. If they are in backwards they are too long and will hit the bulkheads.
fraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 01:33 PM   #2507
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default TCS

Just wanted to know if anyone would share their Evo 4 setup from Trackside in Wisconsin? Just put my Evo 4 together and plan to race it next month at Trackside TCS race. I just need to get in the ball park so I at least have a place to start. I currently race a pro 4 so I am hoping it sets up much like it. They seem geometrically similar but who knows.

Any help would be great. Oh and I read through some of the many pages of info on here but I wondered if their are any things to know when assembling the car that differ from the directions.

Thanks in advance, Scott
Old 01-28-2005, 02:45 PM   #2508
Tech Addict

Directions are really good. Follow them to the letter with one minor exception and that is shimming the diff and oneway. The number of shims they specify are a good starting point but you will have to add some. For an explanation of how to do that correctly, look at some of my previous posts in this thread.
Old 01-28-2005, 03:45 PM   #2509
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to F. Alonso Send a message via Yahoo to F. Alonso

The other thing you will want to do is reduce the slop in the arms, etc. Use Motor shims on the suspension pins and screw pins to ensure minimal slop, without binding.

Beyond that.... you should be right to go.

XRAY | HPI | Hotbodies | Hobbies Australia | LRP Electronics | Futaba
F. Alonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 03:53 PM   #2510
Tech Addict

Say it with me now... slop equals free and slop equals fast

BTW F.Alonso, I have a friend who works for the Renault F1 team. He told me that any time I can get my butt to England I can get the full tour.(replies via PM are fine)
Old 01-28-2005, 04:54 PM   #2511
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to F. Alonso Send a message via Yahoo to F. Alonso

You have a PM!!!!!!!!

Oh and I agree that you need slop to be fast..... but minimal slop. What I do to make sure it doesn't bind is take the shocks off and check to see if gravity brings the arms down if I lift them up. I rebuilt my shocks the other day and my arms were jiggling around like nobody's business!!

XRAY | HPI | Hotbodies | Hobbies Australia | LRP Electronics | Futaba
F. Alonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 08:37 PM   #2512
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Anyone know of any shops that actually have stock EVO IV a arms in stock and some alum treaded shock collars? This is getting to be a pain as Tamiya never has these parts. SPeedtech has not had them for at least a month and maybe more.

I getting really pissed and if this keeps up I will just buy a car that actually stocks suppliers with parts when they order them. This is the same thing that happened when I had my Pro4. Could never get parts.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 08:58 PM   #2513
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to f1larry

Try Rainbow Ten
http://www.rainbowten.co.jp/english/index.html

They are across the street from Tamiya in Japan if you order enough parts it is worth the shipping. You usually get you order in 5 days and they are 1-3 dollars less than anyone else on cost so the higher shipping price evens out.

Plus they are always in stock.
Old 01-29-2005, 01:44 AM   #2514
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by wyd
Anyone know of any shops that actually have stock EVO IV a arms in stock and some alum treaded shock collars? This is getting to be a pain as Tamiya never has these parts. SPeedtech has not had them for at least a month and maybe more.

I getting really pissed and if this keeps up I will just buy a car that actually stocks suppliers with parts when they order them. This is the same thing that happened when I had my Pro4. Could never get parts.
http://www.mercuryracing.co.uk/tamiy...olution-4.html

Galifrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 01:47 AM   #2515
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by wyd
Just use strapping tape. Much stronger and lighter. If your breaking batteries out then I would say your just hitting stuff too hard. I use tape and never had a battery eject from my EVO and I have had a few big hits with it.
Well I havent broken the car, and havent hit stuff with this car hardly at all... One hit however light seems enuff to throw the cells out...

Anyway, gonna try the yokomo battery bar as I have a few lying about..

Galifrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 07:54 PM   #2516
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by wyd

What do you care? U sold yer car!!!!!!
PIIHB! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 08:04 PM   #2517
Tech Master

Anybody kno a part # for some captured ball ends that I can use for steering rod ends? the ball cups keep popping off
PIIHB! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 08:14 PM   #2518
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by wyd

Do I smell and new car for you Brian??
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 09:36 PM   #2519
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Do I smell and new car for you Brian??
-Dave
After tonights racing!!!!!!!!! YES. Well at least a break and I will be selling a few things. Both my nitro monster trucks, TB-02 and I'm pretty sure the EVO to. I'm cleaning house. No more carpet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bad day racing.

Here is my day. Get up at 5AM. Shower, pack up and leave by 5:30. Went to carwash to rinse the salt off and then head to the track. Made it their by 7:30 and sign it. They had 16 heats of racing for the big race. Races start at Noon. Now the whole time I start feeling sick and then it hits. Migrane and then my nose is so stuffed I can think straight. After this it takes 3 hours a round to run. At 8PM it starts snowing and we still don't have the mains setup. I pcaked my shit with some other guys and lft. Got home at 11PM.

Now I'm still sick and my car sucked!!!!!!!! These guys run 57mm foams or less. It sucks cutting tires that small. All day my shit was slow and I have absolutely no rip. No speed or power at all. Brushes in one motor hung up twice even af I cut it on the lathe.

From now on its asphalt and thats it!!!!!!!!! Have no clue what I want but I will ponder that some and go from their.

Going to cycle my packs and see what is going on and see if they are bad. Then it will be a new speedo. First time I didn't have any speed, even at the start just no rip to speak of. I'm so frustrated right now its scary what I might start selling.

The bright spot is once againt he JR R-1 pro worked flawlessly.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 09:36 PM   #2520
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Rainbow10 has arms. That's where I get my parts if I can't get them from SpeedtechRC. PrecisionRC also has them as well.

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote