R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-17-2004, 12:27 PM   #2131
Tech Master
 
rcfiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Irvine, CA.
Posts: 1,382
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

I'm not sure if this has been asked, but I'm trying to reduce the amount of rear toe in my car. I am currently using A-A rear blocks w/1.5 in the hub carriers. Now if I'm reading the instruction manual correctly I should have a total of 2.5 degrees of rear toe on each side correct.???. If this is true how do I reduce the toe? Do I purchase new rear hub carriers, if so what is the part number. Or do I reverse the rear hub carriers?
Also what shock oil are you guys running for stock/asphalt - high grip.

Keith
rcfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 12:39 PM   #2132
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rcfiend
I'm not sure if this has been asked, but I'm trying to reduce the amount of rear toe in my car. I am currently using A-A rear blocks w/1.5 in the hub carriers. Now if I'm reading the instruction manual correctly I should have a total of 2.5 degrees of rear toe on each side correct.???. If this is true how do I reduce the toe? Do I purchase new rear hub carriers, if so what is the part number. Or do I reverse the rear hub carriers?
Also what shock oil are you guys running for stock/asphalt - high grip.

Keith
keith... (someone correct me if im wrong). but i think you have 1.5 rear toe. A/A blocks gives you 0 toe + the built in toe on the rear carriers = 1.5

i guess you can go A/X which will give you + .5 combined with the 1.5 will give you 1 deg. rear toe. BUT the "x" block is from the 415 so your roll center will be lowered 1mm.

can someone chime in make sure im explaining this right?

btw. world championship replica kit is coming out for the 415. if you have the lightweight suspension, you can use the alum. rear hub carriers. those are 0 deg toe. then use the blocks to adjust.

sorry if i dont make sense (too much coffee at work)
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 12:53 PM   #2133
Tech Elite
 
Turbonium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,302
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium
Default

they do make an X block for the Evo IV... just got mine from R10 this week. if i had it handy, id give the part #.
__________________
Wes

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 03:03 PM   #2134
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by tamiyadriver
they do make an X block for the Evo IV... just got mine from R10 this week. if i had it handy, id give the part #.
damn wes! talk about being in on top of things!!

hows your evo running dude? i was thinking of swapping out all the "A" blocks for "X" blocks and swap out the front "D" block for a "C" block. wanted to see how much better or worse the car will be if i narrowed the stance
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 03:06 PM   #2135
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,142
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

I think the rear hubs are 1 degree hubs. I just put on new ones today and the Tamiya header says 1 degree.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 03:26 PM   #2136
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by wyd
I think the rear hubs are 1 degree hubs. I just put on new ones today and the Tamiya header says 1 degree.
weird... team orion says 0 deg? maybe there are two sets that got released?

http://www.teamorion.com/global/global_news.asp?id=2676
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 03:34 PM   #2137
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,142
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Hebiki
weird... team orion says 0 deg? maybe there are two sets that got released?

http://www.teamorion.com/global/global_news.asp?id=2676
Maybe were talking about different hubs. I'm talking about the EVO IV hubs Maybe I'm confused and you are talking about the 415 hubs which I'm not even sure if they are the same since I'm not up on the 415.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 03:40 PM   #2138
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by wyd
Maybe were talking about different hubs. I'm talking about the EVO IV hubs Maybe I'm confused and you are talking about the 415 hubs which I'm not even sure if they are the same since I'm not up on the 415.
im assuming both cars are using the lightweight suspension. wasn't marc's car using the lightweight suspension? if it was.. then those hubs will work on the evoIV also. too much confusion!
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 03:50 PM   #2139
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 69
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Hebiki
damn wes! talk about being in on top of things!!

hows your evo running dude? i was thinking of swapping out all the "A" blocks for "X" blocks and swap out the front "D" block for a "C" block. wanted to see how much better or worse the car will be if i narrowed the stance
If you are talking carpet, try the two X blocks up front, Happy happy.
ukeejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 04:08 PM   #2140
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,142
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Hebiki
im assuming both cars are using the lightweight suspension. wasn't marc's car using the lightweight suspension? if it was.. then those hubs will work on the evoIV also. too much confusion!
I hear ya!!!!!! I think Marc did have the lightweight rear suspension on. You right too many options. I do finally get to race my car on Saturday. Only the 2nd time I got to run the car.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 05:53 PM   #2141
Tech Elite
 
Turbonium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,302
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium
Default

it has been really good for me lately... at the moment, it is scattered on the bench, getting a freshening up for the Novak race in Wisconsin.

i havent tried using the X block yet... the track we run on right now is indoor concrete, sprayed with VHT... lotsa traction! running the purple/grey Tamiya springs, no bars, i think A-A and A-B... very good feel...



Quote:
Originally posted by Hebiki
damn wes! talk about being in on top of things!!

hows your evo running dude? i was thinking of swapping out all the "A" blocks for "X" blocks and swap out the front "D" block for a "C" block. wanted to see how much better or worse the car will be if i narrowed the stance
__________________
Wes

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 08:25 PM   #2142
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,142
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by tamiyadriver
it has been really good for me lately... at the moment, it is scattered on the bench, getting a freshening up for the Novak race in Wisconsin.

i havent tried using the X block yet... the track we run on right now is indoor concrete, sprayed with VHT... lotsa traction! running the purple/grey Tamiya springs, no bars, i think A-A and A-B... very good feel...
Tamiyadriver could you maybe post a pic of that track sometime. Indoor concrete sounds pretty cool. Bet you have a good time running on that.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 08:29 PM   #2143
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: N. Cali
Posts: 854
Send a message via AIM to loosenut
Default

Hehe...I bought one! Hehe....just can't wait for it's arrival....thx KoE!!!

I was reading the Oct. 04 version of Xtreme RC Cars....they had an review article on the EVOIV..

It mentioned several times that the evoIV has some slop in the rear hub? Is this normal? Because it doesn't sound right....

Also here are the parts I got with the car...lmk if something else might come handy...
TB Evo IV piloball king pin 2 sets
TB Evo IV C parts (front upright) 2 sets
TB Evo IV E parts (rear upright) 2 sets
TB Evo IV 2-degree hub carrier 1 set
TB Evo IV 4-degree hub carrier 1 set
Front One-Way Gear Set For TB Evo. IV 3 sets
TB Evo IV ball differential gear set 2 sets
light weight front propeller joint shaft for TB Evo IV 1 set
light weight rear propeller joint shaft for TB Evo IV 1 set
TB Evolution IV Lightweight aluminum propeller shaft 1 set
Tamiya TB Evo Evolution IV Gear Cover Transparent Blue 1 set

Anything else I need?? THx..

G
__________________
Tekno SCT410//B44.x Avid Chasis//B5M//HW 3656 - 4700 kv// HW V10//MT-4

Last edited by loosenut; 12-17-2004 at 08:54 PM.
loosenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 08:36 PM   #2144
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,142
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

New rear hubs don't have much slop but I here after you run them some they can get a little slop. The new alum ones from Tamiya should be here soon. Steve at Speedtech said he expects them early next week.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 08:51 PM   #2145
Tech Elite
 
Turbonium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,302
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by wyd
Tamiyadriver could you maybe post a pic of that track sometime. Indoor concrete sounds pretty cool. Bet you have a good time running on that.
i will try to remember to get some pix... its kinda small, and tight lanes. makes your lines and passing areas much more important! lotsa fun, tho... might make a better driver outta me yet!
__________________
Wes

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Selling Schumacher Mi2, Tamiya M02, Tamiya TA04-S, Tamiya TB Evolution 3 Surikarn Ltd st_rob Australia For Sale/Trade 4 12-23-2008 07:37 PM
FS: Tamiya TB Evolution II (NEW) ivan3721 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 05-18-2008 05:56 PM
FS: Tamiya TB Evolution 5 veecee Australia For Sale/Trade 3 07-20-2007 08:13 PM
tamiya tb evolution 5 b-man777 Electric On-Road 1 05-24-2006 11:38 AM
XXX-S GP VS Tamiya Evolution III capricess Electric On-Road 29 01-27-2003 08:49 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:25 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net