R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-18-2004, 05:55 PM   #1861
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to fraz

Yeah, but there is not a part number to buy a complete diff AFAIK. So you need to buy all of the parts individually
fraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 05:56 PM   #1862
Tech Addict

Cool

there seems to be some play in my front drive cups? is this part of the design? will be racing it tonight using f. alonso's set-up.
cooliomojo-CEBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 06:15 PM   #1863
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to madjack

Quote:
Originally posted by cooliomojo-CEBU
there seems to be some play in my front drive cups? is this part of the design? will be racing it tonight using f. alonso's set-up.
lots of play at the arms and uprites ...it would have been nice to have replaced the molds a bit sooner.

I ended up replacing the f&r hubs with the Square units, that seemed to help with some of the slop.
madjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 06:19 PM   #1864
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by madjack
lots of play at the arms and uprites ...it would have been nice to have replaced the molds a bit sooner.

I ended up replacing the f&r hubs with the Square units, that seemed to help with some of the slop.
john... steve and i are headed to socal tomorrow for some 19T racing. can you join us?
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 11:49 PM   #1865
Tech Apprentice

Default dirt and gear ratio

does anyone find any problem that some dirt came into the gear box from the gap between the alum covers, the almu covers and the plastic cover? i was wandering whethere i didnt install them properly or that cant be avoided?

and can someone pls tell me what pinion better for a tamiya 23T motor, a tamiya 11t motor, with spur 90T.

Thanks
Superdate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 02:59 AM   #1866
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Re: dirt and gear ratio

Quote:
Originally posted by Superdate
does anyone find any problem that some dirt came into the gear box from the gap between the alum covers, the almu covers and the plastic cover? i was wandering whethere i didnt install them properly or that cant be avoided?

and can someone pls tell me what pinion better for a tamiya 23T motor, a tamiya 11t motor, with spur 90T.

Thanks
guys were gearing the tamiya 23T at 5.6FDR at the tamiya test track. not sure what that breaks down to exactly
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 05:21 AM   #1867
Tech Master

Anyobody tried the original suspension arms on an E4 for indoor carpet (rubber tires)???

I heard a lot people having trouble with rubber tires on an indoorcarpettrack with the E4.
Any comments....
PizzaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 06:50 AM   #1868
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to F. Alonso Send a message via Yahoo to F. Alonso
Default Re: dirt and gear ratio

Quote:

Thanks
Yeh, around 5.6 should do it. We actually race with these motors in our F201s and they fit really nicely with the high speed gear set which gives you 5.88. Obviously it will depend on what type of track you are running but you should be around 5.6-5.8 with the Tamiya 23T motors.

Also, regarding the dirt, I don't think you have built it wrong, just may not be tight enough?? I'm not quite sure but I certainly get a lot of buildup of dirt on the bearings for the diffs on the outside of the bulkhead. Nothing that a bit of compressed air can't fix.

If you could get some pictures to us of your bulkheads with the amount of dirt you are talking about getting, then we'll be sure to take a look. I honestly don't think its THAT big a deal because some people don't even run with the gear covers and they don't have TOO many problems.

XRAY | HPI | Hotbodies | Hobbies Australia | LRP Electronics | Futaba
F. Alonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 10:01 AM   #1869
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Re: dirt and gear ratio

To Hebiki and Alonso:

Quote:
Originally posted by F. Alonso
Yeh, around 5.6 should do it. We actually race with these motors in our F201s and they fit really nicely with the high speed gear set which gives you 5.88. Obviously it will depend on what type of track you are running but you should be around 5.6-5.8 with the Tamiya 23T motors.

Also, regarding the dirt, I don't think you have built it wrong, just may not be tight enough?? I'm not quite sure but I certainly get a lot of buildup of dirt on the bearings for the diffs on the outside of the bulkhead. Nothing that a bit of compressed air can't fix.

If you could get some pictures to us of your bulkheads with the amount of dirt you are talking about getting, then we'll be sure to take a look. I honestly don't think its THAT big a deal because some people don't even run with the gear covers and they don't have TOO many problems.
I was using the original 34T pinion on all Orion Rush 17T, Tamiya TZ 23T and Tamiya Modified 11T. The gear ratio is actually 6.07. But all the motors are very hot after 3-4 min. As i am a newbie to racing, i am not really sure whether that is overheated or not. but at least, if you put your fingers on the motors for 3 seconds, you will feel unbearable. I am going to get some pinion to put down the FDR to 5.58 and see how is that going.

About the dirt, I just cleaned it last night and rebuild the bulkhead according to this article:
http://www.taobracing.net/review_evoIV.shtml

i am pretty sure the screw are tight, but maybe i did not tighten them properly. but that is not that easy to make it balance at all sides.

and what I did either is put some grease on the gap from inside the bulkhead to prevent the dirt from coming in. i will open it later when i do the maintainance to see whether it is alright or not.

Thanks you all

go get the pinion tomorrow and try, then go to the race on sunday, my virgin racing..............
Old 11-19-2004, 10:27 AM   #1870
Tech Fanatic

Default e4 - old suspension

pizzadude,

the old suspension on the ev4 really does not work very well. the front arms really increase the angle demanded of the universal, causing the car to shake like mad during corning.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:37 AM   #1871
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: e4 - old suspension

Quote:
Originally posted by Martin Crisp
pizzadude,

the old suspension on the ev4 really does not work very well. the front arms really increase the angle demanded of the universal, causing the car to shake like mad during corning.
I fonud this as well.

but after i rotate the tyres it is good. the front tyres have to be round. then i just marked the all of them and keep them at the best positions.
Old 11-19-2004, 11:09 AM   #1872
Tech Initiate

hello
somebody know where i can find the new arm suspension for evo4
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tamiyaworlds200412.jpg (61.8 KB, 232 views)
stefb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 11:31 AM   #1873
Tech Adept

Default new arms

Hi stefb

Those arms are not available they were special one off designs for dave jun to try. He designed them and had them made up for him to try at the worlds. No word yet wheter or not he liked them or not.
mrodney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 11:43 AM   #1874
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to fraz

Wow, those arms are sweet. I don't quite get the L-shaped knuckle though. Are those special ones that Surikarn was running at the worlds?

Superdate, I would agree that 5.6 sounds like the right ballpark for the 23t. If you are using a 90t spur than you want a 37t pinion to get you to 5.58 or as an alternative, a 36t will get you 5.74.
fraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 01:51 PM   #1875
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: e4 - old suspension

Quote:
I fonud this as well.

but after i rotate the tyres it is good. the front tyres have to be round. then i just marked the all of them and keep them at the best positions.

Thanks you guys...
PizzaDude is offline   Reply With Quote