R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-27-2004, 09:27 PM   #1681
Tech Fanatic
 
hierog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 891
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default trf shocks

they are threaded, but they come with a plastic shock collars. The first thing I would buy would be the aluminum collars. They make the adjustment perfect

vic
hierog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 10:39 PM   #1682
Tech Elite
 
killingtime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,658
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

That makes sense. All I've heard is people raving over these shocks, so I figured I'd see if they will work with a TC3. Oh, BTW, would the springs be interchangable? Thanks for your help and sorry to be a pest
__________________
Mike Webb

rD Squared-MW Designs-C and R racing

Final Thoughts RC club R.I.P.
killingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 10:59 PM   #1683
Tech Elite
 
F. Alonso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 2,141
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to F. Alonso Send a message via Yahoo to F. Alonso
Default Re: Need some parts ASAP

Quote:
Originally posted by fraz
I figured I had better send a shout out to you guys since I am in a pinch.

I need to score a couple of Evo IV plastic parts. Specifically I am looking for oneway plastic gears (2+) and ball diff gears (2+). Neither SpeedtechRC nor Tamiya have any in stock. I also need a couple of the thrust bearings.

Please PM me if you can help, thanks.
Have you tried Rainbow Ten yet?? They are like across the road from the Tamiya Factory in Shizuoka, so they have everything I've ever asked for, like diff thrust bearings and diff springs, the lot!!
__________________
Simon Feigl
RCRacer.com.au - Dedicated Australian Forum and Website

XRAY | HPI | Hotbodies | Hobbies Australia | LRP Electronics | Futaba
F. Alonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 09:42 AM   #1684
Tech Elite
 
rtypec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,969
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Try Speedtech RC, Steve will get you exactly what you need. There are many variants on the TRF shocks and I'm certain he can get you the ones that will fit your application.
rtypec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 10:01 AM   #1685
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posts: 230
Default HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I don't often come on this thread, as I own a 415, but thought I have a quick browse on here. I then stumbled accross possibly the stupidest, most petty arguement I've ever seen in my life.

Ok so maybe they wern't his pics to start with, but to bring up some BS about Internation Copywrite laws etc...PLEASE! No offence but the pic is not exactly a work of art, just a straight forward pic of a car. How much were you expecting to be paid from this? $2 maybe $3? hahaha is it really worth it?

As for him making profit, thats the way limited edition things always get sold. people buy a few of something and sell it on, its up to you, the buyers, to decide if you want to pay the price. He's not forcing it on you!

enough ranting, im off to chillax
g4t2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 11:18 AM   #1686
Tech Addict
 
Runin Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Northern California
Posts: 618
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Re: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally posted by g4t2
I don't often come on this thread, as I own a 415, but thought I have a quick browse on here. I then stumbled accross possibly the stupidest, most petty arguement I've ever seen in my life.

Ok so maybe they wern't his pics to start with, but to bring up some BS about Internation Copywrite laws etc...PLEASE! No offence but the pic is not exactly a work of art, just a straight forward pic of a car. How much were you expecting to be paid from this? $2 maybe $3? hahaha is it really worth it?

As for him making profit, thats the way limited edition things always get sold. people buy a few of something and sell it on, its up to you, the buyers, to decide if you want to pay the price. He's not forcing it on you!

enough ranting, im off to chillax
espeng and I dropped this subject a few pages back... I have come to grips that not everyone UNDERSTANDS the principle behind my argument. Not understanding what I meant doesn't mean my argument was stupid nor petty.
Runin Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 06:05 PM   #1687
Tech Fanatic
 
dsrbltoys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Renton, WA
Posts: 890
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default TRF SHOCKS

Those are the wrong ones. Those are the old type. Try # 53571 all brown,or 49293 brown w/ blue caps. There is also a red capped type 49294. sorry no purple for the schumies, and hpi's.
dsrbltoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 09:06 PM   #1688
Tech Elite
 
killingtime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,658
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rtypec
Try Speedtech RC, Steve will get you exactly what you need. There are many variants on the TRF shocks and I'm certain he can get you the ones that will fit your application.
Thanks, I just sent them an email. Nice site they have.
__________________
Mike Webb

rD Squared-MW Designs-C and R racing

Final Thoughts RC club R.I.P.
killingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 10:14 PM   #1689
Tech Regular
 
EVOtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kent
Posts: 331
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
I cannot agree more. Ok its your pic but get real its of RC parts, shit the bed people post pics of other peoples cars on ebay for christ sake, if you did not want it on there maybe you shud not have posted the pic in the first place. Rick
Agreed. The pictures may have been regarded as copyright by the person that took them, but as far as I know then unless there is a specific statement regarding copying and distribution, then they may be used (under English law). They were, after all, posted in a public forum.

If you don't want it used, don't put it here, or, if you do put it here and don't want it used, say so in black and white.
EVOtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 10:19 PM   #1690
Tech Regular
 
EVOtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kent
Posts: 331
Default Re: aluminum drive cups

Quote:
Originally posted by hierog
not the Tamiya ones, but we've got the front Square cups and the rears are on the way

vic
Already fitted ours. Very nice, but the rear cup is a bit of an interference fit on the (bomber) shaft, compared with the front. Other than that, they are a very nice job.

Unfortunately the other one has to wait for the Tamiya cups as it already has the l/w Tamiya shafts front and rear.
EVOtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 10:24 PM   #1691
Tech Regular
 
EVOtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kent
Posts: 331
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Runin Ronin
Hierog and I have a set on their way. I'll post pics when I get them
Don't do that, someone might copy them...........
EVOtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 10:25 PM   #1692
Tech Regular
 
EVOtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kent
Posts: 331
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by espeng
If I'm not mistaken R10 will have the Tamiya alu cups today or tomorrow?! That's what I was told, as I have a pre-order with him.
They are due out on 30th.
EVOtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 10:27 PM   #1693
Tech Regular
 
EVOtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kent
Posts: 331
Default Re: Need some parts ASAP

Quote:
Originally posted by fraz
I figured I had better send a shout out to you guys since I am in a pinch.

I need to score a couple of Evo IV plastic parts. Specifically I am looking for oneway plastic gears (2+) and ball diff gears (2+). Neither SpeedtechRC nor Tamiya have any in stock. I also need a couple of the thrust bearings.

Please PM me if you can help, thanks.
Use EVO3 ones.
EVOtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 10:30 PM   #1694
Tech Regular
 
EVOtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kent
Posts: 331
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by killingtime
That makes sense. All I've heard is people raving over these shocks, so I figured I'd see if they will work with a TC3. Oh, BTW, would the springs be interchangable? Thanks for your help and sorry to be a pest
I've used TC3 ones on the TRF shocks. Other than being a bit short, they work OK.
EVOtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 11:02 PM   #1695
Tech Elite
 
killingtime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,658
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for the "heads up"
__________________
Mike Webb

rD Squared-MW Designs-C and R racing

Final Thoughts RC club R.I.P.
killingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Selling Schumacher Mi2, Tamiya M02, Tamiya TA04-S, Tamiya TB Evolution 3 Surikarn Ltd st_rob Australia For Sale/Trade 4 12-23-2008 07:37 PM
FS: Tamiya TB Evolution II (NEW) ivan3721 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 05-18-2008 05:56 PM
FS: Tamiya TB Evolution 5 veecee Australia For Sale/Trade 3 07-20-2007 08:13 PM
tamiya tb evolution 5 b-man777 Electric On-Road 1 05-24-2006 11:38 AM
XXX-S GP VS Tamiya Evolution III capricess Electric On-Road 29 01-27-2003 08:49 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:00 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net