Search
Like Tree2Likes

Tamiya TB-Evolution IV

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 08:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default trf shocks

they are threaded, but they come with a plastic shock collars. The first thing I would buy would be the aluminum collars. They make the adjustment perfect

vic
Old 10-27-2004, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

That makes sense. All I've heard is people raving over these shocks, so I figured I'd see if they will work with a TC3. Oh, BTW, would the springs be interchangable? Thanks for your help and sorry to be a pest
Old 10-27-2004, 09:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Re: Need some parts ASAP

Originally posted by fraz
I figured I had better send a shout out to you guys since I am in a pinch.

I need to score a couple of Evo IV plastic parts. Specifically I am looking for oneway plastic gears (2+) and ball diff gears (2+). Neither SpeedtechRC nor Tamiya have any in stock. I also need a couple of the thrust bearings.

Please PM me if you can help, thanks.
Have you tried Rainbow Ten yet?? They are like across the road from the Tamiya Factory in Shizuoka, so they have everything I've ever asked for, like diff thrust bearings and diff springs, the lot!!
Old 10-28-2004, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Try Speedtech RC, Steve will get you exactly what you need. There are many variants on the TRF shocks and I'm certain he can get you the ones that will fit your application.
Old 10-28-2004, 09:01 AM
Tech Adept

Default HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I don't often come on this thread, as I own a 415, but thought I have a quick browse on here. I then stumbled accross possibly the stupidest, most petty arguement I've ever seen in my life.

Ok so maybe they wern't his pics to start with, but to bring up some BS about Internation Copywrite laws etc...PLEASE! No offence but the pic is not exactly a work of art, just a straight forward pic of a car. How much were you expecting to be paid from this? $2 maybe $3? hahaha is it really worth it?

As for him making profit, thats the way limited edition things always get sold. people buy a few of something and sell it on, its up to you, the buyers, to decide if you want to pay the price. He's not forcing it on you!

enough ranting, im off to chillax
Old 10-28-2004, 10:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Re: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Originally posted by g4t2
I don't often come on this thread, as I own a 415, but thought I have a quick browse on here. I then stumbled accross possibly the stupidest, most petty arguement I've ever seen in my life.

Ok so maybe they wern't his pics to start with, but to bring up some BS about Internation Copywrite laws etc...PLEASE! No offence but the pic is not exactly a work of art, just a straight forward pic of a car. How much were you expecting to be paid from this? $2 maybe $3? hahaha is it really worth it?

As for him making profit, thats the way limited edition things always get sold. people buy a few of something and sell it on, its up to you, the buyers, to decide if you want to pay the price. He's not forcing it on you!

enough ranting, im off to chillax
espeng and I dropped this subject a few pages back... I have come to grips that not everyone UNDERSTANDS the principle behind my argument. Not understanding what I meant doesn't mean my argument was stupid nor petty.
Old 10-28-2004, 05:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default TRF SHOCKS

Those are the wrong ones. Those are the old type. Try # 53571 all brown,or 49293 brown w/ blue caps. There is also a red capped type 49294. sorry no purple for the schumies, and hpi's.
Old 10-28-2004, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rtypec
Try Speedtech RC, Steve will get you exactly what you need. There are many variants on the TRF shocks and I'm certain he can get you the ones that will fit your application.
Thanks, I just sent them an email. Nice site they have.
Old 10-28-2004, 09:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Rick Draper
I cannot agree more. Ok its your pic but get real its of RC parts, shit the bed people post pics of other peoples cars on ebay for christ sake, if you did not want it on there maybe you shud not have posted the pic in the first place. Rick
Agreed. The pictures may have been regarded as copyright by the person that took them, but as far as I know then unless there is a specific statement regarding copying and distribution, then they may be used (under English law). They were, after all, posted in a public forum.

If you don't want it used, don't put it here, or, if you do put it here and don't want it used, say so in black and white.
Old 10-28-2004, 09:19 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: aluminum drive cups

Originally posted by hierog
not the Tamiya ones, but we've got the front Square cups and the rears are on the way

vic
Already fitted ours. Very nice, but the rear cup is a bit of an interference fit on the (bomber) shaft, compared with the front. Other than that, they are a very nice job.

Unfortunately the other one has to wait for the Tamiya cups as it already has the l/w Tamiya shafts front and rear.
Old 10-28-2004, 09:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Runin Ronin
Hierog and I have a set on their way. I'll post pics when I get them
Don't do that, someone might copy them...........
Old 10-28-2004, 09:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by espeng
If I'm not mistaken R10 will have the Tamiya alu cups today or tomorrow?! That's what I was told, as I have a pre-order with him.
They are due out on 30th.
Old 10-28-2004, 09:27 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Need some parts ASAP

Originally posted by fraz
I figured I had better send a shout out to you guys since I am in a pinch.

I need to score a couple of Evo IV plastic parts. Specifically I am looking for oneway plastic gears (2+) and ball diff gears (2+). Neither SpeedtechRC nor Tamiya have any in stock. I also need a couple of the thrust bearings.

Please PM me if you can help, thanks.
Use EVO3 ones.
Old 10-28-2004, 09:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by killingtime
That makes sense. All I've heard is people raving over these shocks, so I figured I'd see if they will work with a TC3. Oh, BTW, would the springs be interchangable? Thanks for your help and sorry to be a pest
I've used TC3 ones on the TRF shocks. Other than being a bit short, they work OK.
Old 10-28-2004, 10:02 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the "heads up"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.