R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-20-2004, 01:14 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Switch Blade, I race a HPI Pro2, which I believe is quite similar to your car. I'm racing in stock class with rubber tires. You might like to check out my setup for a tight technical carpet track (approx 90 meters). If you like, I can scan my setup sheet, which shows shock positions and camber links positions and send it to you.

Here's my setup
Old 04-20-2004, 01:15 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Cain
Don't forget to set your droop! You be suprised what a difference it makes in the handling of your car.
Very true ! It's important to have it equal from side to side. A good starting point, is 2 mm downtravel all around.
Old 04-20-2004, 01:56 PM   #18
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to WrathOfGod

Switchblade if i were you i would visit the Associated website assuming your running the tc3 which i dont what car your running cause i didnt see it posted...but some of their setups are from trackside at the Novak Championships and are great starting points...what car r u running and what tire?...rubber or foam?
WrathOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 02:27 AM   #19
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Switch Blade
Yup, i have the GM pro 2.
Old 04-21-2004, 10:08 AM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to burbs Send a message via Yahoo to burbs

rubber tires at trackside... i run... red front springs. 50 wt oil #3 piston..

rear i run gold springs 40 wt oil. #3 pistons... this seemed to be the best for me.. and if u walk through trackside most of the guys i talk to have this on to...

foam go way stiffer.. but i dont think they are running foams there now..
burbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 06:33 PM   #21
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to Switch Blade

For some reason, i cant get my droop lower than 5(idk if it is mm) on my associated droop guage. I have 50wt oil in my shocks and 35lb springs in front, and 30lb in the rear.(associated springs) -1mm camber all around. I have some toe out(not to much, i dont have a gauge for toe out). When i was practicing, the car was understeering, but i layed the shocks down a little and it brought back the steering.(i raced and it seemed to be fine) And my ride height is now set at 5mm. I seem to like an over steering car, so what can i do to gain just a little more steering??? One thing i noticed was that i wasnt traction rolling anymore, so i made a little improvement.

thanks
Old 04-21-2004, 06:36 PM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to burbs Send a message via Yahoo to burbs

if u are running rubber on carpet ur springs are way to stiff
burbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 08:22 PM   #23
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to lazyboy

yea 30lbs spring in the rear?? that doesnt sound right for rubber even if ur running mod rubber, for the droop issue are u running any inturnal ilmiters??

lazy
Trackside hobbies
lazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 08:28 PM   #24
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to Switch Blade

mabe i took it wrong, but i thought someone said earlier in this thread to use 35-30 springs. And about the droop, all i have adjusted was the droop screws, i didnt do anything with the shcoks, and dont have any idea what to do
Old 04-22-2004, 12:31 AM   #25
Tech Elite

Quote:
For some reason, i cant get my droop lower than 5(idk if it is mm) on my associated droop guage. I have 50wt oil in my shocks and 35lb springs in front, and 30lb in the rear.(associated springs) -1mm camber all around. I have some toe out(not to much, i dont have a gauge for toe out). When i was practicing, the car was understeering, but i layed the shocks down a little and it brought back the steering.(i raced and it seemed to be fine) And my ride height is now set at 5mm. I seem to like an over steering car, so what can i do to gain just a little more steering??? One thing i noticed was that i wasnt traction rolling anymore, so i made a little improvement.

thanks
The need for oversteering... In the beginning, I also wanted more and more steering. At some point I mounted a fast steering servo. Afterwards, I spend time dialing out a lot of the oversteer.... So I suggest you consider a FAST steering servo, before modyfing the setup too much...
Old 04-22-2004, 04:43 AM   #26
Tech Elite

Quote:
mabe i took it wrong, but i thought someone said earlier in this thread to use 35-30 springs. And about the droop, all i have adjusted was the droop screws, i didnt do anything with the shcoks, and dont have any idea what to do
I also think your springs are too hard. That can easily be the reason for understeering.

I'm racing with HPI springs, but converted values goes like this:

Rear: 24,2 lbs/inch. Front: 26,9 lbs/inch. And I got plenty of traction, actually too much, so I'll probably go even stiffer, that is 27,6 front and 26,9 rear. So I'll still a good bit lower than 30-35.