R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-11-2010, 05:50 PM   #676
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Full mains list and final results are now posted at www.intchamps.com

BIG thanks from all of us at the track to JACO and SMC for putting on this race for the last six years; to TEKIN; to ALL of our race sponsors; to all of the drivers who participated over the past six years; to Jamie, Boomer, and the rest of the race crew; and of course, to SCOTTY for making the IIC happen.

Tech charts for the mains might be available later on depending on who is entering them.

Shutting down and signing off!
futureal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:33 PM   #677
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Any pictures ..... ?
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:59 PM   #678
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Mod 1/12TH

Was Cyrul running his Griffin 12 chassis?
haywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:30 PM   #679
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Ty Tessman won 3rd in super stock a main.
bukil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:46 PM   #680
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

What a week. All i can say is the race was awesome. I've never attended a big event and this one was great. Scotty put on a great show and the track was great. so much grip that quite a few of use were traction rolling. some of the main's were amazing. I hope people start to post their videos soon.

www.awesomatixusa.com
Jerry P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:44 PM   #681
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Huge thanks to Scotty, Boomer and the rest of the crew. Incredible racing, outstanding program, a total class event. Can't say enough about these guys and the show they put on... Thanks so much!

Jim Chapman
Old 09-11-2010, 11:49 PM   #682
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by haywood View Post
Was Cyrul running his Griffin 12 chassis?
Yes, I believe Andy Moore was running one as well.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:16 AM   #683
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

What a fantastic week in Vegas! Thank you so much to Scotty and the IIC crew for the outstanding event. Hopefully all this talk of keeping the race alive will come to fruition!

Much of what I thought I knew from racing and testing at home ended up being wrong at the big show. I learned so much, and feel truly humbled by the whole experience. I can't wait to get back to the track to start practicing again. I think it's time to man up and get proficient at modified.

CORRC in Denver was well-represented at this race. We put guys in 5 of the 9 A-mains. Not too bad for people from a part of the country that isn't exactly synonymous with on-road racing.

The left side of the track was the bane of my existence this week. The layout seemed deceptively simple at first, but was quite technical and challenging. It seemed like a lot more people were tapping out than years past, which my be why some of the crowd favorites seemed to struggle. It was really neat to watch Hara race 17.5. The way he drives a car is unlike anything I've ever witnessed before. His car is like a ninja on the track, teleporting from one turn to the next. HB, Yokomo and AE had a ton of team support at this race which was really nice to see.

I heard the TRF guys showed up to this race on their own dime. Watching the battle between Hara, Rheinard, Lemieux and Volker in the mod A was awesome! It was cool to see Paulie chase Marc down! He had something for those guys in the main, too bad he didn't find it earlier in the week.

And finally, in my A-main "special thanks" section, I forgot to mention EJ Evans and Solaris tires for being so supportive of our club, and working to get us good tires that don't tear for a very fair price. Companies willing to support the little guy have really helped our club thrive. I think the CO gang brought more people than any other team or track. Support your clubs, they may be the last hope for on-road.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:30 AM   #684
Tech Lord

Also, this is my 3rd consecutive IIC without breaking a single part. Tamiya, baby.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:45 AM   #685
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logi Maker View Post
Nice to see WORLD CHAMPIONS running 17.5. NOT!
when "they" (who ever they is) decided to split the 17.5 motor class its open to all to run, remember Kyle, we call it 17.5 EXPERT and 17.5 sportsman in our neck of the world, well, if these guys ain't EXPERTS then I don't know who is..... see you tomorrow if it dont rain. yea, 85 in vegas, rain in Seattle. welcome home.

and let me add I had a great time watching this week and seeing a few old buds. Awesome job everyone, racers included. see some of you at the Timezone GP next month.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:56 AM   #686
Tech Lord

I'm totally cool with teams sending their pros into 17.5 super stock. As one of those fringe guys that might have squeaked into the A if the pros hadn't been there, I still think it was awesome to have them join us. I never quite understood why you wouldn't want your best drivers racing in the class that's most popular with a majority of racers.

Also, the HB guys approached this race like consumate professionals. I thought maybe we'd see Hara, Tessman and Andy struggle a bit as they figured out the ESC stuff, but that was definitely not the case. Those guys were fast from the very first run, and had it figured out before anybody else. I ran what I was told were Hara's settings on my Tekin and picked up .2 immediately. The companies worked together with one of the best drivers in the world to earn this win. They deserve it. It's just a guess, but I'd say way more planning and work with the equipment was required to get the win in SS than what they had to do in mod. Great drivers with the wrong gear struggled at this race.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:54 AM   #687
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logi Maker View Post
Nice to see WORLD CHAMPIONS running 17.5. NOT!
They didn't run in 17.5. They ran super stock, not the amatuer 17.5 nor stock 17.5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
What do you expect them to run? travel to vegas for a week to run one class? there are 2 slower TC classes, there is no shame in running SS 17.5.
Totally agree with Mike. +6

Anyone should be allowed to run in Super Stock 17.5.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:01 AM   #688
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Impressive is an understatement about this event. Didn't see any hacking going on and Scotty ran a great program, he took a couple of minutes if a racer had an issue and still kept the program on time.

The good, the bad and the ugly.....
The good: Great head to head racing, clean runs and well planned out. The annoucing was best in class once again. The music was great except when I started to sing along. LiveRC had some good camera locations but more on that. I was not a fan of the way the bump-up was done but grew to like it for this type of race. I still think the Birds B-main heats are the best.

The bad: Cam 2 most of the time had great shots of the back of the corner marshalls head. The vidoe was choppy sometimes and the audio would go out after 3-4 minutes which required to switch Cams to get it back. No video zooming on the trophy girls

The Ugly: Maybe the last year for this race. I was starting to work on the wife to find a way to go next year, some one has to fill in the lower mains...
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:04 AM   #689
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

Hara's, Tesseman's and "other" setups will be posted for all that used Tekin at this years IIC.

Thanks to Scotty for a great race. If you've never raced or even stopped by the IIC you're missing one of the best races of the year.

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:00 AM   #690
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

just a question and don't wanna start a huge debate a simple yes or no from someone who raced . . .

in the limited ESC classes where you allowed to crank the timing on the can?