Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-29-2010, 12:51 AM   #286
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
If you saw the level of racing we have out here you wouldn't! LOL

Not to mention milk is nearly $7 a gallon and gas is nearly $3.40 a gallon here...
A hawaiian what about the spam!!!!
spammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:47 AM   #287
Tech Elite

scotty,
what is going on with all of this limited profile stuff? what are the rules, how is it going to be teched, and how are you going to keep people from having to buy more new speedo's for running stock? these questions and rules directly effect the classes i am going to run, and i need to know before i sign up for the event. we are basically only a month out and one of the most important rules for the entire event is not even figured out yet. please give us something, as the event is drawing near, and prices for flights are getting more expensive.

thanks,
mario ficco
al dente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:58 AM   #288
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to PitNamedGordie Send a message via Yahoo to PitNamedGordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by al dente View Post
scotty,
what is going on with all of this limited profile stuff? what are the rules, how is it going to be teched, and how are you going to keep people from having to buy more new speedo's for running stock? these questions and rules directly effect the classes i am going to run, and i need to know before i sign up for the event. we are basically only a month out and one of the most important rules for the entire event is not even figured out yet. please give us something, as the event is drawing near, and prices for flights are getting more expensive.

thanks,
mario ficco
They were posted about two months ago:

http://www.intchamps.com/rules.php

and here

http://www.rctech.net/forum/7479056-post76.html
Old 07-30-2010, 09:05 AM   #289
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

PDX-Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:11 AM   #290
Tech Regular

Default gordie rules

What you have posted is not the rules but the classes, it doesnt list what Esc can be used in limited profile, how it will monitored etc.
Coming from the Uk where limited profile is unknown to us .Im using a BD in 1/12th which has been upgraded to V2.1 limited profile .It has a flashing light when in limited profile .But as yet there is no list on which Esc can be used.
tellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 12:17 PM   #291
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to PitNamedGordie Send a message via Yahoo to PitNamedGordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellan View Post
What you have posted is not the rules but the classes, it doesnt list what Esc can be used in limited profile, how it will monitored etc.
Coming from the Uk where limited profile is unknown to us .Im using a BD in 1/12th which has been upgraded to V2.1 limited profile .It has a flashing light when in limited profile .But as yet there is no list on which Esc can be used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRACKSIDE View Post
Hi guys,

Well as you can see above, we have posted the info for this years event. I am sorry that it has taken me so long to finalize this, but with the way things are changing so quickly in our world, I had to wait to ensure that everything was in place to set the classes.

I think it is obvious that the speed control situation is the issue that has held up things, but speaking with the major ESC companies they are all on the same page and agree that we need to get some form of control for Stock Racing.

I will have a list of allowed ESC and allowed Versions that we will allow for this years IIC. That info will be out soon.

I am very excited for another great IIC and I look forward to seeing everyone in Vegas.

Thanks
Scotty

Ahh very true I have not seen that list yet...just my guess is that he will be using the ROAR approved list. But that list needs to be updated to include the BD 2.1.

http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/...l_ESC_List.pdf

I'm still trying to make sure I can attend.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:36 PM   #292
Tech Champion

With the recent advancements in 1/12th pan cars that can carry over to WGT...I am wondering if the sliding king pin rule for the front suspension in WGT is still being followed or if we will be able to run new double wish bone suspensions like the ones on the new Yokomo and BMI cars? I realize IIC established the WGT class but...ROAR's adoption of the rules does not have the sliding king pin rule. I assume we can in 1/12th but wasn't sure on WGT. Last year rules were modified for advances in battery technology so I am hoping this year the same will apply to suspensions

Thanks
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:43 AM   #293
Tech Regular

Bump I say!!! Any one there??
Old 08-02-2010, 11:59 AM   #294
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espo View Post
Bump I say!!! Any one there??
Waiting for news and watching the clock. Is it September yet?
Old 08-02-2010, 02:56 PM   #295
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Hello everyone, I hope your enjoying your summer and you guys are getting a chance to get some practice in before the big gig only a month away. The IIC team is getting all set to put on another great event. Entries right now are a bit behind last year, but like always I am sure we will have many drivers sign up in the coming weeks along with all the teams.

I have waited to post the speed controller list to see if anything would be changing in our world and things seem to be somewhat controlled as of now. So here are the list of speed controllers that are allowed for this years IIC Limited Divisions. This list may get updated.

KO Propo 40051 VFS-1 BMC Ver 1.5
Must use zero timing and
zero boost Profile signified
by blinking LED on switch

LRP LRP80100 AI Brushless Reverse
LRP LRP80150 AI Brushless Pro Reverse
LRP LRP80410 Crawler ESC
LRP LRP80400 SPX Brushless Super Reverse
LRP LRP80500 Sphere Brushless ESC
LRP LRP80910 SSX Stock Spec Brushless
Must use zero timing and
by blinking blue LED when in
neutral.

Novak NOV1710 Novak GTB
Novak NOV1711 Novak GTB Spectrum
Novak NOV1712 Novak Slyder Drift
Novak NOV1731 Novak Havoc 1 Cell
Novak NOV1735 Novak Havoc Pro
Novak NOV1740 Novak Kinetic 2S
Novak NOV1741 Novak Kinetic 1S
For Kinetic you must use zero timing and zero boost profile signified by NO white light illuminated on ESC.

Speed Passion 12280 Cirtxi Stock Club race sensor ESC
Speed Passion GT2 LPF
Speed Passion GT2 PRO
Speed Passion GT2.1 ProStock
with 100508 Sportsman software installed, ESC will have a red blinking light to indicate the no timing profile engaged.

Tekin TT1152 Tekin RS ESC Vegas 208 Software
Must use zero timing and
by blinking red LED when in neutral.

Tekin TT1153 Tekin RS Pro 208
Must use zero timing and
by blinking red LED when in neutral.

We will be doing tech inspection like we do each year, it will be a process as you fall in line and go through the steps of inspection. Speed Controller Tech will be another step to this process.

The world Famous Jamie Tennies will again be in charge of Technical inspection so you know it will be done fair and proper.

Items to be teched will be.
Battery Voltage
Speed Control Settings
Wing can be no taller than the roof
Ride height
Weight

Sedan weight will be 1400grams

It has been 6 years since we first brought the world of RC what I hope has been the ultimate in on road racing events. The IIC started as only a dream back in 2003, to try and bring the worlds best drivers to the most exciting city in the USA for what I had hoped would become the best on road racing event anywhere in the World. With a lot of help from family and friends in 2005 the IIC was born. The IIC quickly became the event that everyone wanted to attend and a chosen few have had the honor to win this prestigious event.

Through the years we have had our share of setbacks from the Stardust closing to the trailer getting stolen 2 years ago and most recently last year, the devastating theft of everything we had to put on the IIC. Of course insurance covered some of it, but like anything when you have a theft, they did not cover or reimburse us for everything which brings me a very sad point that I need to announce.

2010 will be the last year for the IIC. It is a sad day for me to announce this, but with the theft last year, it is something that I cannot overcome, I have tried to recover from it but it is not possible. The cost of producing this event continues to grow each year and with that devastating lost last year, it has brought the IIC to an unfortunate end.

But that does not mean we cannot go out with a bang and party like Rock Stars this year and we hope to put on the best IIC to date. So if you have always wanted to join us for the IIC, this is your last chance. If you have questions about the race or need help arranging something. Please drop Boomer or I an email and we will help to get you all dialed in.

The IIC team looks forward to seeing all of you in Vegas for 1 more great event and we will crown the final winners of the International Indoor Championships.

Thanks to all of you who have supported the IIC.
Sincerely,
Scotty and the IIC Team
[email protected]
Boomer
[email protected]

Last edited by Scotty Ernst; 08-03-2010 at 09:19 PM.
Scotty Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 03:09 PM   #296
Tech Champion

Oh wow I am really sad to hear that Scotty! I'm really glad now that I was able to make it after all. Not only is a great event but it is the most cost effective one for me to go to. The incredible room rates you negotiate for is along with the low airfare from many places to Vegas makes it so much easier to attend. Thank you for all the hard work you and the team have put into running these events.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 03:11 PM   #297
Tech Regular

...Time to dump a couple of truck loads of dirt in the ballroom of the Riv!!!
Old 08-02-2010, 03:32 PM   #298
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

Sorry to hear that Scotty...hopefully I'll be able to help this last edition of the IIC in some small way
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 03:58 PM   #299
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRACKSIDE View Post
2010 will be the last year for the IIC. It is a sad day for me to announce this, but with the theft last year, it is something that I cannot overcome, I have tried to recover from it but it is not possible. The cost of producing this event continues to grow each year and with that devastating lost last year, it has brought the IIC to an unfortunate end.
This sucks
Big White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:28 PM   #300
Tech Master

What's the N/A after some of the ESC's?