R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-11-2004, 02:41 PM   #346
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)
Send a message via MSN to clinttredway

next question: my home track is not a hi-bite track, its more of a medium-high bite... would I still benefit from this chassis?
Old 10-11-2004, 06:28 PM   #347
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

clinttredway....The HTS chassis has the cells moved closer to the prop shaft like Skill pointed out....they are not moved forward at all. And yes you will see an improvement with the HTS chassis over a stock chassis on med to high grip tracks. As soon as I put on the proto chassis my lap times went down and I was able to be far more consistent with it. Other guys around here who have made the change to the HTS chassis have seen similar results and have really had good runs with the car now.

Ben....How did the Truck Worlds go over the weekend? I went to the Halloween Classic and ended up in the C and won it but the car was at the very least a B main car just little mistakes cost me. I was able to get 20 laps in every round but the last one when I had marshal trouble...lol. Either way I wish that I drove the car as good as it worked this weekend.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 06:32 PM   #348
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)
Send a message via MSN to clinttredway

thanks for the feedback Kevin.

now I just have to decide

good job in Cleveland!
Old 10-15-2004, 03:05 PM   #349
Tech Regular

Hey Kevin, good job at Cleveland, thanks for the update!!!

We ran awesome with our new trucks at the NR/CTPA Worlds. I was in first place on the first day, but we ran in to some track controversy and they decided to restart everyone (it's a longstory). But we still had a great showing. Berzerkers finished 2nd, 6th, 7th, 8th and 10th!!!

Now we might head off early in the morning to the Chicago hobby show!

- B
TeamPRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 02:28 PM   #350
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Doug Gaut

Are any of the PRP Pro4 car owners going to the November carpet race in Omaha? I know two of us will be there.

HobbyPLEX Winter Road Course Shoot-out

November 13th & 14th

Drop Tim an email at [email protected] if you have any questions.
Doug Gaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 11:59 AM   #351
Tech Regular

Hey Doug, When are you heading out to the race, or maybe you are already there? I forgot all about this race, I could have sent you guys something to give out for a door prize!
Old 11-10-2004, 01:00 PM   #352
Tech Master

Ben, we are leaving Friday at around 7am. If you want you could send something to the track though.

Hobbytown
10020 Scott Circle
Omaha, NE 68122

Attn: Tim Ski
Old 11-18-2004, 09:07 AM   #353
Tech Adept

Hi PRP! You've got PM
Gutter Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 01:18 PM   #354
Tech Regular

Doug, How did the race in Omaha go?
Old 11-23-2004, 02:53 PM   #355
Tech Master

Ben, When we got there Friday I felt real good about my car and the handling. The track bite was similar to my home track so no setup changes were needed. Now on to Saturday qualifying. First qualifier was not too bad and I was sitting 2nd I believe in stock sedan. As the day went on and round after round was ran the bite came up extremely high which I was not accustomed to or prepared for. Traction rolls were never an issue with the stiff chassis but boy howdy were the tires stuck to the track. I tried different things such as lowering the roll centers, different springs, shock angles,etc with not much luck so by the end of the third qualifier on Saturday I was sitting 4th. Saturday night was a brain storm session. After some help from some friends in KC I made an entire setup change for the last chance qualifier on Sunday morning as well as a motor breakin procedure that a fellow racer shared with me that produced great results on my EA Motorsports motors. Also had some tips in battery charging which really woke up my Promatch packs!!! In the last chance qualifier the car was back on step again and I bumped all the way back up to the 2nd qualifier 2 seconds behind the TQ guy. On to the triple A mains. First one was fun as the two of us checked our early and ran bumper to bumper for several laps till the apparent too soft of tires bit me again and the motor got HOT! Made a gear change for the 2nd main which allowed me to run on the bumper of the TQ guy again and push for the lead till the parachute came out again with a 187deg motor temp. Anyway I finished 2nd again. Going into the third A main I changed motors and tires to a fresh set. The motor had not been broken in well enough and glitched so bad that I had to pull the car in respect to the other racers and to my car as it was out of control for more than half the track. All in all it was a learning experience as I tied for 2nd in points but with the third mains finish it put me in third. Not bad for my first big carpet race and first time on high bite. I did find out that almost all the others in the main were running plaids and purples so I can assure you that I will have a few sets in my box for the next one. So much for the comments that I have read that the only tire you need are Cyan and Magenta tires. The other PRP chassis at the race was in the hands of Chris Puller and he qualified 6th in 19t sedan and finished 4th respectively as this was his first big race on carpet as well.

In addition to the sedan racing I ran 1/12 for the second time ever as I had traded some motors for a CRC 3.2 two weeks before the race and ran it the weekend before. I TQ'd stock 1/12 and won the first two A mains with my buddies (new to 1/12 scale) finishing 2nd, 4th and 5th.

I would like to thank you Ben for a terrific chassis!

We had a fantastic time and the facility is second to none I have ever been to. I believe the Omaha HobbyPlex is holding the ROAR Region 8 carpet regionals in March so if anybody is in region 8 and have never been to this raceway it would definitely warrant a trip! You will not be disappointed.
Old 11-23-2004, 03:02 PM   #356
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

doug.

great job......the cyan/magentas seem to be the foam of choice for club style racing...but i know alot of people saying at big races plaid/purple is more the staple because of the high traction.

again...great job.

kevin kane and rob king are in Cleveland, OH for the 2004 U.S. Indoor Champs with their Team PRP Pro4s. at the warm-up race at our local track they were fast...so good luck to those two also.
Old 11-24-2004, 10:19 PM   #357
Tech Regular

Thanks for the thorough post, Doug! How long did it take to write that? Yeah, carpet traction gets ridiculous at big races. Now you will be that much more prepared for the next carpet event, and you did a great job at this one, and congrats in 12th scale!!!
Old 11-24-2004, 11:11 PM   #358
Tech Master

Sorry for the long post. I will keep the next one short and hopefully sweet! Next race will be at Hi Performance Hobbies in Hutch,KS Jan22nd. They are having a one day event with triple A mains unless entries call for a second day. I told you I was a carpet newbie.
Old 12-17-2004, 09:47 AM   #359
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

team prp.

any chance that prp is planning on making anything like the following...

http://www.powers-international.com/...xcel/eh001.htm

or something like the hpi version...

http://www.hpieurope.com/piw.php?lang=en&partNo=73085

thanks.
Old 12-17-2004, 11:26 AM   #360
Tech Regular

I had similar pieces drawn up earlier this year but I did not make them as I saw the prototype piece Hara was running along with the guys in Japan and Hong Kong already had similar piece made. I figured they would have been much more popular here in the states by now...

Now that HPI has their model, I am not sure if I should make them or not. If I did, they would probably just be braces that you would mount on top of the original similar to the first picture with some additions. Maybe I'll post a picture of the drawing and see what you guys think?

Thanks!
Ben