R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-08-2004, 11:29 PM   #301
Tech Initiate

Default ..

thanks VenomWorldOrder

i just wanted to know if anyone in australia has purchased yet, ive never purchased overseas before with a credit card so im little hesitant. thats all..
Besides that the products looks awesome!!

How long did it take to receieve?
dacbietae86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 12:24 AM   #302
Tech Regular

Very glad to hear you are interested in the chassis kit. I have sold quite a bit of product to Australia so there should not be any problems. I am also willing to ship with a faster delivery if you like (however, this increases the shipping cost).

For regular airmail, I believe the ETA is generally 6-10 days to Australia. With most packages taking about 7, I beleive.

Thank you!
Ben
TeamPRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 12:35 AM   #303
Tech Regular

Hey Venom, I don't believe it was because you posted something negative. I think it was mainly because of the way it was posted. The topic's title gives off a very strong negative impression and it is on the main board. Perhaps to some people, they just look at the title of the topic and that is enough for them to decide the chassis is at fault without looking into it further.

I hope we can get you rear toe-in problem figured out! Have you tried different rear hubs and maybe even swapping the arms around???

And please feel free to shoot me an email at any time.

Thanks!
Ben
Old 09-09-2004, 12:42 AM   #304
Tech Addict

I'm in England and bought a PRP chassis, it was shipped on the Friday (I think) and it arrived on my doorstep on the tuesday (If I remember correctly). Great service and a great product!

I have yet to try the longer wheelbase settings, but without thinking about it too much, when using the long hinge pins it would affect the rear toe?
Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 12:52 AM   #305
Tech Regular

Yes, rear toe is very slightly affected by the longer wheelbase, however, it is very minimal. For instance, rather than 2degrees, it may be 1.85degrees. I don't recall the exact measurements. However, both sides would still be equal.
Old 09-09-2004, 05:55 AM   #306
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by TeamPRP
Yes, rear toe is very slightly affected by the longer wheelbase, however, it is very minimal. For instance, rather than 2degrees, it may be 1.85degrees. I don't recall the exact measurements. However, both sides would still be equal.
unfortunately for mine there is a definate discrepancy from one side and the other
VenomWorldOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 08:41 AM   #307
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Doug Gaut

VWO, how many shims are you using under the roll center pivots? I have noticed that if I use more than 2.5mm's worth the pivot blocks float some, this was on the stock chassis when I noticed it. What I had to do was to loosen the inner pivot mounts and put pressure on them towards the outside of the car and tighten them down. Then I went to the rear of the car and loosened them up and pushed the pivot blocks towards the inside of the car and tightened them down. This took out any slop in the arms that I had noticed. When running less than 2.5mm height I have not noticed this as much. In knowing this, the situation might be a little greater with the added distance between the pivot blocks if you use the long wheelbase option and a high roll center. A quick check would be if you can find your stock hinge pins and bolt them down in the short wheelbase option. Keep us informed please.

Doug
Doug Gaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 09:51 AM   #308
Tech Addict

I would also check for bent screws in the pivot blocks and bent pivot blocks, believe it or not they aren't too hard to bend themselves....

Ben, yea that's what I thought...do you think the difference will be big enough to notice a change in the handling? I need to get some of those spacers for the wishbones so I can try it out with the same wheelbase.....
Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 11:33 PM   #309
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Doug Gaut
VWO, how many shims are you using under the roll center pivots? I have noticed that if I use more than 2.5mm's worth the pivot blocks float some, this was on the stock chassis when I noticed it. What I had to do was to loosen the inner pivot mounts and put pressure on them towards the outside of the car and tighten them down. Then I went to the rear of the car and loosened them up and pushed the pivot blocks towards the inside of the car and tightened them down. This took out any slop in the arms that I had noticed. When running less than 2.5mm height I have not noticed this as much. In knowing this, the situation might be a little greater with the added distance between the pivot blocks if you use the long wheelbase option and a high roll center. A quick check would be if you can find your stock hinge pins and bolt them down in the short wheelbase option. Keep us informed please.

Doug
i'm running the standard carbon fibre shims under the blocks. yep i loosened the screws and pushed the arms in like you said.
VenomWorldOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 08:48 AM   #310
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Doug Gaut

VWO, when you get some time try going back to the stock chassis and hinge pins and see if it is corrected then. You could also take the carbon shims out and just mount the pivot blocks directly to the PRP chassis and see if it comes out the same way. Other than that I am out of ideas. Just change one thing at a time till you can narrow the problem down. Only consolation I can think of is that my Losi sedans were off by a deg for years and really never had any problems with it. Good luck.
Doug Gaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 11:10 AM   #311
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Werner

That was an issue with the Losi that was only solved with some new rear hubs. An no it did not effect Doug's car...I got passed many times by it...lol

Doug did impress the local carpet racers with his PRP last weekend...Owner even talked about hanging some chassis kits on the wall...

Jeff
Jeff Werner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 04:51 PM   #312
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

VWO......If you can try another rear toe in block. Maybe the one you have is a little askewed.....or take the front one and put it in the rear just to check the toe. Like others have said I too have had a problem with the losi car with the toe-in being off. But with this car and the PRP chassis my toe-in has been the same per side. Im sure that you have checked everything but make sure that a hinge pin is not bent....and that there is not exesive play in the arm and the mount. Also try taking your rear hubs and swaping them from the left side to the right side and see if you still have the same issue. Im at a loss for what elese it might be. Are you using a plastic hudy guage system? If so there was a lot of talk of them being off and that might be the reason why Hudy is now selling it made out of Alum. Just giving you some more things to look at and try out.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 05:18 PM   #313
Tech Adept

Was wondering how people are mounting the Tamiya shocks on the PRP 2 towers on the losi? Someone had mentioned Tamiya makes a ball stud nut? Can someone tell me where I can find these and possible a part number? Thanks.
Titan Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 05:39 PM   #314
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I'm sure you can get them from SpeedtechRC.com. Mine were on the 414 I raided for the shocks.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 03:26 PM   #315
Tech Regular

Hey Kevin, how did racing go this weekend on the asphalt track?

Hey Jeff, I've been meaning to send him an email. I've just been swamped with everything at once and haven't had a chance to talk to him yet. Feel free to have him contact me!

Thanks!
Ben