R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-25-2004, 09:20 PM   #271
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by robk
i got my chassis Monday. I got it sanded and glued, all mounted. It's great. Not to mention the extras that come with the chassis (spur plate, hinge pins) Thanks Ben!
Wow! that's crazy quick with the prep work, Rob! I hope to have mine done this weekend....
can't wait...
Euge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 11:08 PM   #272
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

"Wow! that's crazy quick with the prep work, Rob! I hope to have mine done this weekend....
can't wait..."

Hey I ran it tonite! Very consistent. Also, it appeared that the car had more corner speed. It really flowed through the corners.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 12:23 AM   #273
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by robk
"Wow! that's crazy quick with the prep work, Rob! I hope to have mine done this weekend....
can't wait..."

Hey I ran it tonite! Very consistent. Also, it appeared that the car had more corner speed. It really flowed through the corners.
i got mine yesterday and all ready sanded and ca'ed it

my car definately feels alot heavier though. i run a 6t hacker brushless with a hacker speedy so i need all the weight saving i can get. am i guessing right that the prp kit is probably 25 to 30 grams heavier? i could definately do with alloy screws!

great kit but i am going to nit pick.......the carbon cutting on the countersunks was rather rough.
VenomWorldOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 01:25 AM   #274
Tech Addict

I think the weight is actually only another 15-25g, you could save some weight by not running the side braces...
Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 06:01 AM   #275
Tech Addict

Thought I'd share some pics with everyone!!

Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 11:32 AM   #276
Tech Master

nice pics, skill! it's a sweet chassis.
Old 08-26-2004, 04:37 PM   #277
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Looks good Skill.....

Hey Euge....when are we going to see some pics of your car with the new chassis?
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 09:26 PM   #278
Tech Master

Hopefully this weekend. They've been working me pretty hard at work this last week or so.

My Pro4 was handling really good thanks to your setup. I cannot wait to throw this [email protected] chassis on the car.
Old 08-27-2004, 12:38 AM   #279
Tech Regular

Very cool to hear mostly positive feedback on the kit. I hope everyone is happy with the performance of it on the track!

VenomWorldOrder: yeah, it is a bit heavier than stock. But it is meant to be super rigid for high traction racing. And on the rougness, I brought this up with the machinist. He mentioned it is due to the new resin that is used in the carbon that is causing some roughness in the cuts. We are working on getting it to come out smoother. I hope you are happier with it once you get it on the track for a few races!!!
TeamPRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 12:46 AM   #280
Tech Regular

Default XXXS MT II Shock towers

XXXS MT II shock towers are now available for pre order, http://www.teamprpracing.com/xxxs.html
Expected delivery is 3rd week of September.

Thanks!!!
Ben
Old 08-31-2004, 10:03 PM   #281
Tech Regular

Default Team PRP sponsored drivers

I want to official welcome Kevin Kane and Doug Gaut as drivers for Team PRP. Thanks for signing on Kevin and Doug! They will be running our Pro 4 HTS chassis kit ripping it up on carpet this season. Kevin has also been testing the chassis on asphalt with very good results too. Good luck on the indoor season guys!!! Once you get them dialed please post some setup tips.

Also, the HTS setup sheet supplement is available to download in the "downloads" page on our site.
Old 08-31-2004, 10:53 PM   #282
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Ben.....Thanks for the opportunity to allow me to race your dialed chassis. I look forward to this up coming indoor carpet season....it should be a very good one. With all the pre-season testing that I have done with the chassis it will be a very competitive chassis to say the least. Thanks again Ben......and I cant wait to see what else you come up with for the Pro-4 and other cars alike keep up the good work.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 09:33 AM   #283
Tech Master

Congrats Kevin and Doug! I don't know Doug, but Kevin is always really helpful to me and other racers at the track. It's great to see him officially picked up!
Old 09-01-2004, 12:31 PM   #284
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Doug Gaut

Ben, I am honored to be able to represent a company that has such high standards of product quality and product support. I have been running PRP products ever since the first set of Losi shock towers were made.

I can guarantee that racers will not go wrong with any of PRP's products. I have had the oneway plate installed since getting it in May and I have never broke another gear. Before that I broke gears every weekend with running 9x1 motors. At the same time I installed the TruSpin plate and I am still running the stock spur gear that came with the car. I race every weekend so that is a true test of a products durability. I am looking forward to getting my HTS chassis at the end of this week. With the addition of a sweet new carpet track that opened up last month I will get plenty of time on carpet as well.

Doug
Doug Gaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 02:07 PM   #285
Tech Regular

Thanks guys! Good luck and keep me updated on how things are going. And when you have some setups, feel free to post them here or email them to me, and I can put them on the site for racers to download.

XXXS shock tower update- The new towers look like they will be ready to ship on September 28th. A few days later than I had estimated but they are coming!!!