Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Official ROAR Festivus Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 10:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Wow.I will have to agree with Mr.Cuffs on that. 17.5 is no longer a beginner nor a Sportsman class. 21.5 is the only realistic,viable option. A couple of guys who run races in the bay area have already thought either 13.5/17.5 or both need to go away and there needs to be a definite speed difference between what is suppose to be "stock" and Mod for any electric classes. Having the approach the fuel guys use will not work for this particular sector of the hobby/sport but I don't think it's a realistic option anyway. Just my 2 cents. The Onroad outdoor Nats participation will probably be really telling on what needs to happen with these classes.To watch a guy run a 17.5 sedan last Sunday in practice and see him go faster then the fastest guys in 13.5 last season was eye opening.This is on a track with a 140 back straight and not a small carpet track.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs
Whats your experiences in electric on road
I am familiar with the TOP car, LRP and KO controllers, LRP and Orion Motors. Thunderpower and SMC batteries. I am around most of the National level drivers.
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ill make it easy for you guys 21.5 stock 17.5 super stock and the rest is open. Who cares what shirt people wear and if they have stickers on there bodies. Allow people to run what they want its there money there paying to sign up not roars.

21.5 is the right pace for people to get into 2 cell touring with out destroying there equipment.

Just my opinion
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
I second what the other Tall guy says.

Roar should have someone with great knowledge and background in each of the RC disciplines that Roar oversees.

As far as I know none of the Excom or Cabinet are Electric onroad racers but I could be wrong.
Larry ...... I've been an electric on road racer for neqrly 15 years, helped put on the first 4 Reedy Races at it's original home Ripon RC Speedway, owned an on road carpet track, Stockton RC Raceway and hosted 2 ROAR on raod carpet nationals, 2001 and 2006. Too say there's no one that's an electric on roader, you can't get any more electric on road than that. As it's been said here before a lot of people with a lot to say about a subject they no little about, gets really frustrating and you wonder why we don't like to answer questions on this forum???
Tech Master

Originally Posted by racenut123
Wow.I will have to agree with Mr.Cuffs on that. 17.5 is no longer a beginner nor a Sportsman class. 21.5 is the only realistic,viable option. A couple of guys who run races in the bay area have already thought either 13.5/17.5 or both need to go away and there needs to be a definite speed difference between what is suppose to be "stock" and Mod for any electric classes. Having the approach the fuel guys use will not work for this particular sector of the hobby/sport but I don't think it's a realistic option anyway. Just my 2 cents. The Onroad outdoor Nats participation will probably be really telling on what needs to happen with these classes.To watch a guy run a 17.5 sedan last Sunday in practice and see him go faster then the fastest guys in 13.5 last season was eye opening.This is on a track with a 140 back straight and not a small carpet track.
Hello Mr. Hicks....
Old 03-17-2010, 10:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by racenut123
Hey John, you have been around me. Do I have a clue?
Old 03-17-2010, 10:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i agree with jeff 21.5 stock and 17.5 superstock
Old 03-17-2010, 10:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rich Browne
I am familiar with the TOP car, LRP and KO controllers, LRP and Orion Motors. Thunderpower and SMC batteries. I am around most of the National level drivers.
Thats great because in today standards unless they released new speedos lrp and ko arent on pace with tekin black diamond or castle. Throw a duo 1 17.5 and a tekin in your car pm for settings and get back to us when u cant believe what a 17.5 feels like and thats roars answer for a sportsman class.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I forgot about you Ruben, sorry buddy you do count to me.

I think roar needs to be as a lack of a better word more liquid. Not making decisions 1 time a year as to what changes are to be made. I think if there is an obvious problem like the speed of cars needs to be addressed asap not after half the on road racing community quits.

At this point the speedo situation is beyond fixable I think its time to address this situation with motors. and I would go as far as to say 25.5 or something as stock and 17.5 as superstock and mod with no speedo limitations. If you are going to offer a sportsman class at the Nationals it should be slower than what is considered stock to everyone else.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

No crystal ball is needed just solutions when things happen. The speedo changes happened last september at the IIC and nothing has been done to make changes to the classes accordingly. Step up and do something and make it happen. It just seems that roar all they do is drag there feet.
Jeff,
How do you suggest we address the speedo situation?

What resolution do you suggest to monitor/enforce it?

We are not sitting on our hands. We have had very detailed conversations with technically savvy electronic engineers (with experience in speed control design) to provide a solution to monitor, inspect, and enforce compliance at the track.

And until we have an effective method to enforce compliance, we are not going to implement a plan.

JD Crow
ROAR Technical Director
Old 03-17-2010, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

I trust you Rich.Your no dummy! You have the Hobby/Sports best interest in mind. I am happy to see this dialogue is being opened. My suggestion is just that.I would love to see what Jeff proposed but take it one step further. 21.5 then Mod. The manufacturers will figure out how to make the 21.5 a little faster and the gap will be where it needs to be. It's sad that 19turn had alot to do with all the unnecessary classes we see today.But to return to the simplicity of Stock and Mod would be great.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by schurcr
a lot of people with a lot to say about a subject they no little about, gets really frustrating and you wonder why we don't like to answer questions on this forum???
You guys not answering questions or what it seems like taking your sweet time is frustrating to the on road crowd. And maybe ROAR should listen cause maybe some of us actually know what we are talking about!!!!!!!!
Old 03-17-2010, 10:28 PM
Tech Master

Thats great because in today standards unless they released new speedos lrp and ko arent on pace with tekin black diamond or castle. Throw a duo 1 17.5 and a tekin in your car pm for settings and get back to us when u cant believe what a 17.5 feels like and thats roars answer for a sportsman class.
I understand about the advancement in speedo's - the advancements aren't over, either.

ROAR's dilemma - technology is advancing so quickly, we are scrambling for solutions that make sense. What was sensible 6 months ago - makes no sense now. Bob Ingersol and I were talking at the Fuel Sedan PreWorlds, in Texas, about this exact topic he commented that at one point the motor manufactures said a year ago they couldn't even make a 21.5 wind motor - guess what - yes, they can.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace

I think roar needs to be as a lack of a better word more liquid. Not making decisions 1 time a year as to what changes are to be made. I think if there is an obvious problem like the speed of cars needs to be addressed asap not after half the on road racing community quits.
Very good suggestion.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JDCrow
Jeff,
How do you suggest we address the speedo situation?

What resolution do you suggest to monitor/enforce it?

We are not sitting on our hands. We have had very detailed conversations with technically savvy electronic engineers (with experience in speed control design) to provide a solution to monitor, inspect, and enforce compliance at the track.

And until we have an effective method to enforce compliance, we are not going to implement a plan.

JD Crow
ROAR Technical Director
The issues arent with the speedo its with the class structuring after all advancements in the speedos

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.