Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-08-2010, 06:16 AM   #286
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine
Questions??

Quote:
Originally Posted by schurcr View Post
2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 ROAR Carpet Nats we're all sold out. Max is 25 heats, that works out to 250 entries for this event.
2006 - 285 entries
2007 - 275 entries
2008 - 300 entries
2009 - 285 entries

Electric Off Road has been sold out the last couple of years with nearly 300 or more entries in '08 @ Hot Rod Hobbies and '09 at Hobby Plex.

The only ROAR Electric National event that hasn't had a sale out in many years is paved on road.4

Qualifying for nationals is a great idea it can and should work with the right system. Yes there are other sanctioning bodies in other genres of racing that have ranking systems and it's time for RC and ROAR as well. Just have to figure out how to make a fair points system work and how to implement it.
2010 Carpet Nationals had 97 entries............economy? or better rules needed separating the classes?
Old 04-08-2010, 07:33 AM   #287
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slotmachine View Post
2010 Carpet Nationals had 97 entries............economy? or better rules needed separating the classes?
...or people need to stop listening to stupid freaking rumors on Rc Tech!
jiml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:55 AM   #288
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiml View Post
...or people need to stop listening to stupid freaking rumors on Rc Tech!
Say what?!?!?!?!? Isn't that what the internet is for!?!?!?!?!?

BTW The Yanks took 2 out of 3 from the best team in baseball...
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:30 AM   #289
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slotmachine View Post
from everybody I talked to they have said Mimi runs a great show BUT I think Josh puts it best in the track condition on his setup sheet that he posted on the TOP thread.

Attached Thumbnails
The Official ROAR Festivus Thread-rroar_2010_carpet_nats.jpg  
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:55 PM   #290
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer View Post
Say what?!?!?!?!? Isn't that what the internet is for!?!?!?!?!?

BTW The Yanks took 2 out of 3 from the best team in baseball...
I thought it was for bashing liberals!

Oh and don't mistake me for some [fill in this space as you see fit] Yankee fan!
jiml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 07:13 AM   #291
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer View Post
from everybody I talked to they have said Mimi runs a great show BUT I think Josh puts it best in the track condition on his setup sheet that he posted on the TOP thread.

The Halloween Classic was my favorite race all year last year, and the track wasn't the smoothest I've ever raced on. I'm pretty sure there were more than 97 entries there. I think the economy, and the in-fighting among the on-roaders finally came to a head by the time the Nats came around. I've raced at Mimi's and it was great.

We as an On-Road community need to determine the direction we want our discipline of rc to go. I think the current formula is fairly sound, but would like to see some differentiation between the classes, and a NOVICE friendly formula needs to be found. The current 17.5 classes are too quick for most new drivers to handle, ON A CLUB LEVEL, but how many truly new drivers drop the kinda coin necessary to attend a National caliber event? I feel we need to start with a "feeder" class on the grassroots level....just my opinion.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:25 AM   #292
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest View Post
The Halloween Classic was my favorite race all year last year, and the track wasn't the smoothest I've ever raced on. I'm pretty sure there were more than 97 entries there. I think the economy, and the in-fighting among the on-roaders finally came to a head by the time the Nats came around. I've raced at Mimi's and it was great.

We as an On-Road community need to determine the direction we want our discipline of rc to go. I think the current formula is fairly sound, but would like to see some differentiation between the classes, and a NOVICE friendly formula needs to be found. The current 17.5 classes are too quick for most new drivers to handle, ON A CLUB LEVEL, but how many truly new drivers drop the kinda coin necessary to attend a National caliber event? I feel we need to start with a "feeder" class on the grassroots level....just my opinion.

yeah Ian.. funny that the bumpy conditions were brought up... As long as i have been racing there(for almost 10years) the conditions have always been the same. Under the concrete is a huge steel beam that we cant move... She thought asphalt was going to fix it.. but she found out we need a lot more of it to make that area really flat. beyond her budget. believe me, she has spent alot of money this year alone, new wall to wall asphalt, new permanent pit tables, and new track barrier"click track" and new carpet to have the few carpet races this year. So she can support any type of racing! But racers cried on the internet about 1 bump on the track, so they rather not support her and roar issues..

Back in the day, she had the biggest turnouts for racing, Trinity races, being part of the Triple crown series, and also another National event there holding up to 270 entries. she even rented the available space next door to allow more pit spacing. I guess lots of people forgot about that. But there wasnt that many places to race back then also. Now most on road racers have been spoiled, wanted perfect track conditons! I guess we also forgot that most have started racing in temporary parking lot programs. Ive been to a track that has VERY nice indoor conditions, racers talked about it all the time......but what happened to the paved nationals turnout? Crappy! Not enough support, rather keyboard race than to actually show up and race!

As for the Halloween Classic, one of the organizers admitted it was rough! But everyone had a great time..He also told me he "LOVES" racing at mimis, because of the atmosphere alone!!! And that she has been there for a loooong time! Not going to a big event because of conditions, and then other issues doesnt help the racing. She really was lookin forward to having a BIG turnout... she is and always has been there for "RACERS"

FUNNY THING.... OFFROAD RACERS DONT BITCH BECAUSE THE TRACK IS TOO SMOOTH!!hahahahaha

We do need organized racing!!! Hopefully it is in the right step............forward!

People bitchin about Roar, but there local club follow roar rules, people bitchin about roar, but they arent even members??

Last edited by RCFREAK; 04-10-2010 at 09:37 AM.
RCFREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:43 AM   #293
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCFREAK View Post
yeah Ian.. funny that the bumpy conditions were brought up... As long as i have been racing there(for almost 10years) the conditions have always been the same. Under the concrete is a huge steel beam that we cant move... She thought asphalt was going to fix it.. but she found out we need a lot more of it to make that area really flat. beyond her budget. believe me, she has spent alot of money this year alone, new wall to wall asphalt, new permanent pit tables, and new track barrier"click track" and new carpet to have the few carpet races this year. So she can support any type of racing! But racers cried on the internet about 1 bump on the track, so they rather not support her and roar issues..

Back in the day, she had the biggest turnouts for racing, Trinity races, being part of the Triple crown series, and also another National event there holding up to 270 entries. she even rented the available space next door to allow more pit spacing. I guess lots of people forgot about that. But there wasnt that many places to race back then also. Now most on road racers have been spoiled, wanted perfect track conditons! I guess we also forgot that most have started racing in temporary parking lot programs. Ive been to a track that has VERY nice indoor conditions, racers talked about it all the time......but what happened to the p[aved nationals turnout? Crappy! Not enough support, rather keyboard race than to actually show up and race!

As for the Halloween Classic, one of the organizers admitted it was rough! But everyone had a great time..He also told me he "LOVES" racing at mimis, because the of the atmosphere alone!!! And that she has been there for a loooong time! Not going to a big event because of conditions, and then other issues doesnt help the racing. She really was lookin forward to having a BIG turnout... she is and always has been there for "RACERS"

FUNNY THING.... OFFROAD RACERS DONT BITCH BECAUSE THE TRACK IS TOO SMOOTH!!hahahahaha

We do need organized racing!!! Hopefully it is in the right step............forward!
FREAK...I bolded that part because I think you hit it right on the head...People want everything to be perfect and catered to their wants and needs and if its not theyll just come on someplace like here and moan about it as if that will make things any better. The reason teh guys who are at the top of this game (like Jeff Cuffs, Mike Blackstock, Josh Cyrul et al) are where they are is because they actually got out and raced no matter the conditions...indoor, outdoor, carpet, asphalt, concrete, permanent track or parking lot...they just grabbed their gear, hit the track and if the conditions were not perfect, they adjusted their setup and driving style accordingly. I was reading an article about the ETS that Scotty Ernst is working with and they have a spec ESC for one of their classes. You can get it for only 49 Euros (66 dollars american) and its yours. Novak has a nice low cost motor ESC combo (and the ESC itself is still a pretty good deal). I say work with guys like NovakTwo and maybe we could swing something for ROAR events or what have you. Itd certainly get guys like me off the sidelines and chatting it up on the drivers stand with you guys and getting involved and getting better.
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:59 PM   #294
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

free bump
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote