R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-16-2010, 11:21 AM   #46
Tech Fanatic

For what I have heard from Jason, the car isn't ready yet. He is making the car besides his normal work so... Some delay could have occured. I am sure that Jason will post a reply when there is news...

*** JK Model Racing ***
*** MIX-RC.DE TEAM ***
Joost K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:38 PM   #47
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I just got my COPPERHEAD 10 conversion kit and was wondering about the adjustable front track width. What is the maximum legal width and what does making it wider or narrower do to the car as far as handling? Thanks in advance for your help
BIGBOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:40 PM   #48
Tech Fanatic

FRONT WIDTH:

NARROW - more agressive steering
WIDER - less agressive

I thought that the max. width on WGT was 200mm but you could check the official rules somewehere. I don't drive WGT so...

*** JK Model Racing ***
*** MIX-RC.DE TEAM ***
Joost K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:43 PM   #49
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uga View Post
So, has anybody had a chance to try out a 2S LiPo in this car already? I would like to see some pics with the battery placement and hear anything about handling.

@Jason: the new logos are looking very cool, is there a chance to get it on T-shirts? And another hint about shirts - just don't make them white again
almost got her set up . will be trying her out this sunday. just need to paint the body. it an unconventional means of placement of everything on the chassis but so far so good. also going to be running a lmp body too
cyrrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:47 PM   #50
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kropy

Jason, The Copperhead looks amazing.
Kropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 06:12 AM   #51
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thanks bro. Havent seen you in a while. Hope all is well
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 10:43 PM   #52
Tech Fanatic

Jason one word

Freaking awesome, okay two words. For a car that is was meant and designed for 1s racing. this car is versatile ,

finally got the car ready and man what a day.

first off Thanks for Jason for the insight and yes the servo was more than enough.

Second for Adrian for build up the car so almost perfect.

Okay this car in our pro10 2s 10.5, the speedo is a speed passion gt2
motor umm its a 10.5

i have place 2 single cells (smc 4900) they fit and with no mod's was needed. just tape in place. going try moving a bit around to see and get the balance perfect

we run the class wide open. here. so I was running grey rear and 2xpink up front. the rest was stock to stock spec with 40 oil in the shock. the damper lube was CRC white, not thick enough.
had a bit of problem early with radio and esc which was an over site on my behalf.

well after a day struggling with electrical and other problem with my other car.(TC) didn't manage to get a single Q in. and no practice either.

the mains well i started at the back of the B and won.

the car handle great on power and and just wish for a bit more front steering coming off full throttle. but beside that the car was a dream to drive. from not running pro10 in about 3 years for a couple of races. and running again full 235. man this car is look so much more nimble.
now just need to work on set up and get this car dialled.
For you guys who are looking for a 235 I say why. this can can do it. the winner of our A main was also driving a 200 mm the rest were 235
oh and was using a Lmp body. just like in 12 scale.

Sorry for the long post but was totally stocked and happy oh this car handles

Drew
Old 05-24-2010, 03:03 AM   #53
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Did you use the batteries in saddlepack or stickpack configuration also what body? Any pictures?

Regarding tube lube I just can speak regarding the DB10R but I think this will not differ very much. From my experience CRC white is too thin, I always have double steering this way. Maybe this has to do with running 2S Lipo also, maybe 4cell or 1S Lipo needs thin lube. CRC blue is a very good choice if you have this, itīs just bad it isnīt available anymore. From my experience itīs harder than 10000 and thinner than 20000 wt.
Personally Iīm running 20000 wt what seems perfect on medium to high grip tracks, but sometimes that CRC blue would work better. This is with running stickpack batteries.
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:40 AM   #54
Tech Master

what is meant by double steering? what does the car do then? Is that the same as fishtailing of the backend?
2wdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 04:55 AM   #55
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well I donīt know exactly how to decribe double steering, maybe my english isnīt good enough. This is when the car donīt drive through the curve in one motion. Maybe you could say the car turns in then unsettles then steers again.
I think if you say fishtailing this is when you have not enough rear grip. Double steering happens when your side damping is too soft.
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 05:10 AM   #56
Tech Master

or it might be the same thing? not sure though. Last race i did notice that i had a very unsettled car when going through an oval turn on throttle, you could describe it as fishtailing (or maybe double steering?). The thing that cured it was a softer shore front tire, i went from purple to lilac front tire.

I gues the front tires didn't have enough traction in relation to the rear tires (ballance). The front tires were pushed over de asphalt wich sometimes gripped and then let go in sequence through the turn, So there was a fishtail kind of movement.

It might be that a thicker damper lube would do the same thing, namely to add some steering? (or to loose some traction from the rear tires)

Not sure if i am completly wrong here. The softer front tires did cure it though.

This was with a DB10RR with saddlepacks in the middle with the lipo tray and extra lead in the lipo tray and in the cell cutouts. In total it was around 150 gramms extra weight in the middle of the car besides the saddle packs.
2wdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:55 PM   #57
Tech Fanatic

Hey V12 here some photos. I normally used corrally blue or red tube lube the CRC was what i had avail at the moment. I will ask my CRC guy at the track if he has any blue lube.

oh here a bunch of photos. yes i placed both 1s cell as a saddle pack.

Old 05-25-2010, 01:13 AM   #58
Uga
Tech Regular

Here's what one of my pals did with his Copperhead to fit a 2S saddle pack. It's done on a profesional CNC machine and it cost around 20$.
Attached Thumbnails
BMI Racing "Copperhead 10" Support and Discussion-img_5759.jpg   BMI Racing "Copperhead 10" Support and Discussion-img_5761.jpg  
-=Awesomatix A800X=-
Racing in Latvia
Uga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 07:54 AM   #59
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

So what sort of electronic setups are guys doing for carpet single cell? Sideways battery with speedo behind, or parallel battery and things mounted off to the sides.

I'm gearing up for fall carpet and not sure if I'm Copp12 or Copp10. I like how there's actually room to mount stuff in the 10.

www.summitrcraceway.com
sportpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 04:45 PM   #60
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Anyone running carpet yet? Maybe I be the first then.

www.summitrcraceway.com
sportpak is offline   Reply With Quote