R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-12-2004, 02:36 AM   #16
Tech Master
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default reflex10

The original car was called the Titan before Dieter sold the car to Trinity and went to work for them after leaving R&R hobby(?) in Quincy,Illinois
Lowrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 04:54 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Your right he came from R& R Hobbys and distributors- Roy Weast (also ex- ROAR President).
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 05:12 AM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to burbs Send a message via Yahoo to burbs

yes it is true... it has been in the works for a while now but it is a done deal... go here to see it on the cutom works site for all doubters... http://www.customworksrc.com/racenews.html

this is a greta move for deiter...and cutom works... there has been so much support in rc racing as of late from tony stewart... him buying cutom works shows his intent to make a comitment to rc racing... from what i have heard u can expect with tony and jim side by side a new rc super power will prevail...

all i can say is it about damn time.... im so sick of all the trinity hoopla .. them making all this new un aproved stuff. trying to force rule changes ect ect ect.. i just hope soon there will be a sign in front of trinity saying for sale.. i dont think ernie understands how bad this is for him...he should sell now while trinity stock is still good.. ha ha FINNALLY YAYYYYYYY a dream come true

im sure ernies tctics of late like suing cyrul and such have p.o'd a few drivers... with deiter leaving i would almost bet on it, that alot of the team guys are going to switch to custom works qwhen they have a motor qnd battery line.... thats when trinity will take a hit.. who they gonna get to win a national or world titlwe then....maybe some of us average guys ha ha yeah right..

Last edited by burbs; 04-12-2004 at 05:18 AM.
burbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 07:57 AM   #19
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by jkerr0043
So I take it Custom works is going to get into the motor bizz. Wonder if they'll be doing OEM winding or if they're going to come out with their own line of motors.
this is a very good possiablity seeing as Todd Putnum is a good friend of Tony's with the addition of the Care Bear look out.
davepull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 08:07 AM   #20
Tech Master

lets just say custom works will be the top dawg in rc in a few years....from the buz i get from guys i now who are buds with deiter ...you may be right.. but it could just be talk...
Old 04-12-2004, 11:39 AM   #21
Tech Addict

Wow.....good news. and more wow on that CW oval pan car......If the pictures on their website is any indication....it looks like in the final stages of R & D. Maybe in the early stage of production too!!! I can't wait to get hold of one. More power to Jim D & CW......Congrats......
jeepnyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 12:22 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

Its something that was talked about for awhile and it is very true. Its a great thing for CustomWorks. It will only get better from here.
Old 04-12-2004, 12:53 PM   #23
Tech Master

the best thing about this whole deal is tony stewart... he has taken a great intrest in rc racing... he is the link rc has needed for many years to get the promotion out to everyone racing related... i know there have been a few in the past.. but i think tony will get it done...

i mean think about it.. when i tell people i race rc cars they think for a second and then say... ohhh like the radio shack cars... im like um no.. then i have to explain to them.. by the time im done they think why is this 27 year old playing with toys.... little things like tony talking aboutit on speedvision are what we need.. so people can actually see what we do...

GO CUSTOM WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-12-2004, 01:13 PM   #24
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I agree! I had our receptionist Friday thinking I was crazy. I was racing Friday after work and I brought my batts and chargers in to charge up before I get there (no time at the track) and she started in on the same thing. I'd love it if RC Racing could get more into the mainstream of racing. There's a thread somewhere on here with a link to Speed Channels message board about this very thing. Getting Speed to do some kind of a story or event coverage of some kind.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 01:46 PM   #25
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

We need to start setting up exhibition races at some other racing events, e.g. NASCAR, IRL, etc. The best way to get people involved is to show them how fun, fast and competitive an R/C race can be, and there's better demographic to target than full-size race fans.

If R/C Tech had any money, we'd sponsor such a program.
Old 04-12-2004, 09:06 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by wagonman72
Funny they never seemed that fast to me.
Yea! What he said!

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 09:21 PM   #27
Tech Master

I've always been a fan of Custom Works and if they made a touring car I'd switch over to their car as soon as I had the cash for a kit
The Black Kat is offline   Reply With Quote