R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree2Likes

Old 11-07-2010, 06:28 PM   #481
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I only saw the version with a 6.0v output. Do I just contact them directly for the 7.2v version?

-Korey
Old 11-07-2010, 06:56 PM   #482
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
I only saw the version with a 6.0v output. Do I just contact them directly for the 7.2v version?

-Korey
I think he only makes one booster, the 6.0v one.

http://www.rcdynamics.co.uk/Products.html
CarbonJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:33 AM   #483
Tech Regular

Default booster, here is the solution.

That is not correct ,a new version for the Novak Kinetic and Black diamond is now available with a 7.2 volts output.
Bought direct from RCDYNAMICS.

CARBON JOE GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT BEFORE YOU POST
Old 11-08-2010, 01:47 AM   #484
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

He did say "i think"

Team Yokomo - Racing Performer - Sweep Racing
Yokomo_Ant3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:49 AM   #485
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

RC Dynamics Booster
Quote:
Originally Posted by tellan View Post
a new version for the Novak Kinetic and Black diamond is now available with a 7.2 volts output.
Is the new 7.2v version the same size as the 6v one?

Why does the BD need 7.2v over 6v. How does it improve the esc's performance?

Post a picture of the 7.2v version next to the 6v one if you can
radio_car_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:59 AM   #486
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by radio_car_racer View Post
RC Dynamics Booster

Is the new 7.2v version the same size as the 6v one?

Why does the BD need 7.2v over 6v. How does it improve the esc's performance?

Post a picture of the 7.2v version next to the 6v one if you can
The only improvement it would make would be a faster servo if the BEC output is above 6.0v.
Powered by Falco
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:36 AM   #487
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
That is not correct ,a new version for the Novak Kinetic and Black diamond is now available with a 7.2 volts output.

He said he "thinks" If you have it connected to the BD's bec pins maybe it is putting out 7.2v because of the BD. doesnt it convert 6v to 7.2?
whynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:55 AM   #488
Regional Moderator

Quote:

Then he should update his web site. There is only one product listed under the "Products" link, a 6.0v booster.

http://www.rcdynamics.co.uk/Products.html
CarbonJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:24 AM   #489
Tech Champion

I am going back to Mod for TC next year and have decided to see how far the BDv2 will go in this class (at least until AE gets the TC version 2 out). Added a decent fan and upped the wiring to a more serious gauge. Also added a switch to make life easy. Is anyone playing with modified motors in a TC with this ESC? What motors/FDR's/Profiles are you finding work the best?
Powered by Falco
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:56 AM   #490
Tech Regular

Default CARBON JOE

Of course your right, the web site should be updated and it will very soon,apoligies given.

The 7.2 booster looks exactly like the 6v version and is exactly the same size. Ive ran the new version for approx 2 hours of running in a 1/12th pan car without a hitch.
When i first bought the BD i tried a normal booster plugged direct in to Receiver .Didnt work well and direct in too Esc didnt work at all. So went down the track of lipo and life packs. Five packs later came up with the idea of a booster with a 7.2 output. Dont why this works but im sure some knows. But the BD is happy with this booster. So much more convienent .
Old 11-11-2010, 03:04 PM   #491
Tech Rookie

I need help ! I have a BD V2 - I practice 12th and i use a 10.5, 1S LIPO and a team laje booster.

I removed the plug on the pins and i put the + and the - of the team laje booster on the ESC : on the + and - wires.

Am i wrong ?
Julo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 03:07 PM   #492
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to joeymdz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julo View Post
I need help ! I have a BD V2 - I practice 12th and i use a 10.5, 1S LIPO and a team laje booster.

I removed the plug on the pins and i put the + and the - of the team laje booster on the ESC : on the + and - wires.

Am i wrong ?
here ya go:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumper View Post
You 100% have the newest software, as that is all we have in stock...

Now for the setup stuff...assuming you want to run an external receiver pack and run it through the internal BEC (which is what most people including all of us team guys do) follow these steps.

1-Pull off the "plastic piece", it slides right off with an x-acto knife or something small enough to get in there.

2- Find either a sensor wire, JST connector or extra servo lead that you are willing to sacrifice. Or if you have alot of confidence in your soldering skills, skip this and move to step 4.

3- Take the outer plug off of the sensor wire/plug you are using, you want to use what is inside. What you are going to do, is use the end that is already on the wire. For example, if you are using a JST connector, take an x-acto knife, lift up on the tab holding the connector in, and slide the wire out. Same for a servo lead or sensor wire. You need to get 2 pieces of wire.

4-Now slide the connector end of the wire over pins 4 and 5 remembering pin 4 is negative and pin 5 in positive. Usually using a connector and wire from a sensor wire fits the snuggest. A JST connector works well to, you might have to crimp the connector a little bit to get a nice snug fit. Basically what we are doing here is making leads for the receiver pack to plug into. The reason we do this is because we do not want to keep plugging and unplugging onto those pins everytime we need to charge the receiver pack. If you are very confident in your soldering skills, skip all the connector stuff and just solder a positive wire on pin 5 and a negative wire on pin 4 using a connector that matches up to whatever receiver pack you are using. I personally do not feel comfortable soldering on the pins that is why I came up with finding a piece of wire that already has a recepticle for the pin already on it.

5-Once the wire is on the pins, add a plug that matches your receiver pack and you are ready to go. Now one more thing I have done, is spliced in a switch in between the speed control and the receiver pack plug. Otherwise when you plug in, it is on.

This post makes it sound alot more complicated than it really is. The wiring of the speed control could stand to be a little more user friendly, but once it is done, it is done. The internal BEC is great beacause it eliminates another part of the wiring nightmare that is 1s lipo racing. Even for radio systems that can "handle" 7.4v, it is just less stress on the electronics to do it this way.

Brian Wynn

Team CRC
Old 11-11-2010, 03:13 PM   #493
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Black Diamond pin header option.

Hi Julien,

here are the information in attached document ... enjoy !
Attached Files
File Type: pdf bd_pinheader_options_V01B.pdf (60.0 KB, 127 views)
Ralf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 04:27 PM   #494
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymdz View Post
here ya go:
thank you, That means i have to wire the booster on the BD like the battery receiver ?
Julo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 02:13 AM   #495
Tech Regular

Default wiring

Yes connectors straight on to pins 4 and 5. Also if using a 7.2volt booster this can also be plugged str8 in to Esc.