Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Advanced Electronics Black Diamond ESC

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 02:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Also forgot to mention I had cogging issues off the line.

Whenever I applied full throttle straight away the car would lurch then act like I had stabbed the brakes.
Provided I was a bit more progressive with the throttle the car was fine.

I did try a different sensor wire as well as the variety of gearing.

Skiddins
What motor were you using?
Old 07-21-2010, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

anybody had issues with it going backwards on a start?

I have a lrp x12 17.5 -15 timing block and was holding the brake as it's a downhill straight and the car lurched a foot back, I let off and then gased it and it took off forward but by then it was too late and the guy behind me had crashed me into the wall. unfortunately for him he broke hitting me. funny enough he was the only other one out ther running a BD so that took both of us out of a chance to win as by the time I got going back again I was a lap down. I got back to the leader but by then it was too late to pressure him for the lead.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:33 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andy Koback
Ran the BD last night with 2 cell and still works fine! No harm! Will try and find some pins to fit the speedo and connect the receiver pack that way. Thanks for all the help!
Take a BL motor sensor harness apart and the small terminals in there fit perfect. Picked up on that when I ran the BD's.

EA
Old 07-22-2010, 05:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by andrew188
What motor were you using?
It has happend with a Corally Red series 10.5 and a Nosram (LRP) x12 10.5

Skiddins
Old 07-22-2010, 03:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Take a BL motor sensor harness apart and the small terminals in there fit perfect. Picked up on that when I ran the BD's.

EA
Never thought of that connector. "Thanks EA"!
Old 07-22-2010, 03:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
anybody had issues with it going backwards on a start?

I have a lrp x12 17.5 -15 timing block and was holding the brake as it's a downhill straight and the car lurched a foot back, I let off and then gased it and it took off forward but by then it was too late and the guy behind me had crashed me into the wall. unfortunately for him he broke hitting me. funny enough he was the only other one out ther running a BD so that took both of us out of a chance to win as by the time I got going back again I was a lap down. I got back to the leader but by then it was too late to pressure him for the lead.
Going to be honest never heard of this one before...

As far as I was aware it was a forward only ESC ...

Saying that sounds like it would have been a good race to watch ... coming from last though the field.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Me_MrTyson
Going to be honest never heard of this one before...

As far as I was aware it was a forward only ESC ...

Saying that sounds like it would have been a good race to watch ... coming from last though the field.
I was able to replicate it in practice the other day so it's a weird repeatable issue. I'll see if I can get someone to vid it and post it.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
I was able to replicate it in practice the other day so it's a weird repeatable issue. I'll see if I can get someone to vid it and post it.
We had a guy at a local track here that had a problem similar to yours. Turned out the motor harness was not pushed into the motor far enough. Connections are very important!!! If nothing else, try a different harness.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:53 PM
Tech Champion

There seems to be some issue with the X-12 motors on the BDv2. I can't get either my 10.5 or 17.5 to work in my TC unless I run MAX timing on the motor. It works really well withe the new Orion motors though so give one of them a try if you like a motor with lots of rip.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:39 AM
Tech Regular

Default testing up date

Had a test day yesterday at the largest indoor permanant in the Uk.Testing with a GM 13.5 and BD esc.

Final run was rollout of 89.5mm using profile 5 and motor timing of 30 degrees advance. After an 8 minute run motor temp was a healthy 68c. Plenty top speed and punch.Tranny exp on plus 10 helps with rip out of corners.

On a direct comparison with a GM 10.5 best lap time was only adrift 0.20 of a sec.
Now too work on the 17.5 with limited profile. Sounds like rollout is going to be BIG BIG BIG. Any suggestions
Old 07-29-2010, 05:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (99%+)
Default Receiver pack

Just to clarify, if I'm running a little LiFe receiver pack with my BD (12th scale 1C-Lipo), which pins do I use for the wiring of the receiver pack?

Do people use the little plug included in the kit or is there a better method to wire to the pins?

Thanks Greg G
Old 07-29-2010, 05:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Swampracer
Just to clarify, if I'm running a little LiFe receiver pack with my BD (12th scale 1C-Lipo), which pins do I use for the wiring of the receiver pack?

Do people use the little plug included in the kit or is there a better method to wire to the pins?

Thanks Greg G
Greg,

Remove the jumper from 5 - 6

Insert the power cable into pins 5 (+) [top right pin] and pins 4 (-) [bottom right pin]

We have just been adapting an servo extention cable, the spare in the kit is just another jumper pin.

Last edited by Me_MrTyson; 07-29-2010 at 05:29 PM. Reason: *added Extra info*
Old 07-30-2010, 10:06 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Swampracer

Thanks Greg G
What I used was a small adaptor lead from Team Laser. It is called a "Futaba Female to JST Male" part No. LAH-452. I removed the pins from the JST end and just added heatshrink over the top. Then they plug perfectly into the pins on the BD and you can then stick down the Female Futaba plug onto your deck. This allows you to plug in the receiver pack (like a switch) for racing and unplug to turn the car off and plug the pack into your charger. This is actually a common trick the nitro boys use. You should get at least 3 runs off a standard 200mAh life pack with the BD even with a DP transponder. I have attached a picture so you can see what I have done.
Attached Thumbnails Advanced Electronics Black Diamond ESC-imag0021.jpg  
Old 08-02-2010, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Also forgot to mention I had cogging issues off the line.

Whenever I applied full throttle straight away the car would lurch then act like I had stabbed the brakes.
Provided I was a bit more progressive with the throttle the car was fine.

I did try a different sensor wire as well as the variety of gearing.

Skiddins
I tried the Corally motor again yesterday having upped the gearing from 5.6 to 5.37, there was no cogging off the line at all

If anyone is having the same problem, try dropping the profile and upping the gearing and see what happens, would be interesting to see if it is to do with undergearing and too much timing.

Skiddins
Old 08-02-2010, 09:15 AM
Tech Champion

I tried the Corally motor again yesterday having upped the gearing from 5.6 to 5.37, there was no cogging off the line at all

If anyone is having the same problem, try dropping the profile and upping the gearing and see what happens, would be interesting to see if it is to do with undergearing and too much timing.

Skiddins
I don't think so. I tried that when my x-12 wouldn't work and it made no difference. I think the current BD v2 software simply doesn't work with all motors but works fantastic with most.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.