Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Advanced Electronics Black Diamond ESC

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 10:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Will any receiver pack plug directly into the BD?
Old 07-15-2010, 07:55 AM
Tech Regular

Default receiver packs

Providing they are the correct voltage and plug ,why not.I use the Epic 220ma pack manages 3/4 8 minute races comfortable
Old 07-15-2010, 04:48 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tellan
Providing they are the correct voltage and plug ,why not.I use the Epic 220ma pack manages 3/4 8 minute races comfortable
That's what I'm wondering. Doesn't look like a standard plug will fit. Thought that maybe the BD Lipo came with the proper plug.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:19 AM
Tech Regular

Default plug

Use your imagination, just remove the plastic pin holder around the pins and heat shrink them and they work fine out of the black plastic holder.
Or just buy some pins and recrimp them to the wires and also work fine.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The plug I have fits no worries, with a little bit of work initially. My receicer pack is just overkill though with a 500mah lipo. It doez a whole days racing. I want to get something smaller though but want to stick witha lipo due to the beter performance.

In theroy and pack higher than 6v but lower than 8.4v should work as a receicer pack plugged straight into the BEC.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
The plug I have fits no worries, with a little bit of work initially. My receicer pack is just overkill though with a 500mah lipo. It doez a whole days racing. I want to get something smaller though but want to stick witha lipo due to the beter performance.

In theroy and pack higher than 6v but lower than 8.4v should work as a receicer pack plugged straight into the BEC.
With other ESC's, the receiver battery plugs right into the receiver slot. Why can't this method be done with the BD? Does it have to plug into pins 4 & 5?
Old 07-17-2010, 05:35 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Andy Koback
With other ESC's, the receiver battery plugs right into the receiver slot. Why can't this method be done with the BD? Does it have to plug into pins 4 & 5?
As far as I know you can do this also. It just that plugging directly into the BEC will give you more life out of the same battery and also does not risk frying you receiver with to high voltage.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:33 PM
Tech Addict

Boosters

do I need to run one when running 1s & 10.5?

if yes which pins do I plug it onto?
Old 07-18-2010, 10:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by radio_car_racer
Boosters

There is two ways this will go..

Have used a booster in the past to keep down on charging time.. the problems that caused really was not worth it in the end..

Run a life battery remove the pin and change the battery profile under the solid red light.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:57 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by radio_car_racer
Boosters

Originally Posted by Me_MrTyson
There is two ways this will go..

Have used a booster in the past to keep down on charging time.. the problems that caused really was not worth it in the end..

Run a life battery remove the pin and change the battery profile under the solid red light.
As MrTyson said running a booster pack can cause problems. Even in 10.5 because of the very low motor temps you can run crazy settings on your speedy and not get hot. This means even with a 10.5 it IS possible to dump you main battery especially on a high grip track. For this reason I go down the road of a receiver pack. Using the BD you will find you can do at least two runs with the various 200mah LiFe packs around and never have any problems with your radio system and it is really is only a small inconvenience to charge a receiver pack between runs every now and then.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:09 PM
Tech Champion

Just for giggles, I plugged the receiver pack (Lipo-7.2 V) into the receiver and turned it on...all 3 lights came on on the BD, with the jumper removed or put back on. Turned it off right away. This can't be normal. No trouble- shooting for lights in the instructions. Would this set-up work?
Old 07-19-2010, 05:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Just for giggles, I plugged the receiver pack (Lipo-7.2 V) into the receiver and turned it on...all 3 lights came on on the BD, with the jumper removed or put back on. Turned it off right away. This can't be normal. No trouble- shooting for lights in the instructions. Would this set-up work?
Whole new one on me.. maybe try a battery regulator to be sure not to blow up the BD..

All lights don't sound good for sure...
Old 07-19-2010, 10:55 PM
Tech Champion

I imagine the BD is getting power from your receiver. Don't know if it works but why would you bother? The BD offers THE BEST SYSTEM for using a receiver pack of any ESC on the market... Its just seems so much smarter to use it.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:29 PM
Tech Champion

Ran the BD last night with 2 cell and still works fine! No harm! Will try and find some pins to fit the speedo and connect the receiver pack that way. Thanks for all the help!
Old 07-21-2010, 05:18 AM
Tech Champion

Ran the BD last night with 2 cell and still works fine! No harm! Will try and find some pins to fit the speedo and connect the receiver pack that way. Thanks for all the help!
Personally I'll be amazed if you manage to blow it up. I have not heard of even a single failure of this ESC to date... Although I'm sure someone out there is trying hard and will succeed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.