Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paradigm stock motors?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 07:42 AM
Tech Regular

Default Paradigm stock motors?

Has anyone had experience with these, I am looking to replace my motors and need some opinions. Also how to they compare to the Putnam Stocks, thanks.
Old 04-10-2004, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I run one of Brandons Epic 10x1 mods and goe's like a raped ape.
Old 04-10-2004, 09:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

i found there mod motors to be absolutly awesome, there stock motors i'm less happy about, but for sure there mod motors are awesome(i ran a 13t double, and a p2k2 stock)
Old 04-10-2004, 10:09 AM
Tech Regular

What dissatisfied you with the stock motor?
Old 04-10-2004, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Team Paradigm had a couple stock motors in the A main at the carpet nats... pretty hard to argue with that. I am not sure about Pro3... we always beat him with our Paridigm motors
Old 04-10-2004, 10:18 AM
Tech Regular

Alright, I guess I will purchase 2 Monsters(as soon as they come back in stock), is this the motor you use ottoman, how does it perform?
Old 04-10-2004, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Brandon makes good stuff and he is usually pretty picky about what motors he sells as his PRO versions.....so rarely does a dog make it out with the PRO stamp on it....

Brandon knows motors, you should be fine purchasing from him....

Later EddieO
Old 04-10-2004, 10:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

i think i might of gottan a dud motor then(otto, you guys run para. motors?). The motor was fast, but it gave up really quick on me. If i would have known staniak here had a magnet zapper, that probanly would have help alot. I repeat, the motor was fast, but only for a few races, then it gave up on me. I did rebuild it too, got the comm cut, new brushs, springs, nothin, then the magnets got a little loose on me, so i threw it out, i think it was a dud.
Otto, are you running 12th scale next year, i'm selling all my stuff this month, and going to reevaluate my finances next winter, i'm probably going tyo leave sedan and go to 12th scale.
Old 04-10-2004, 11:02 AM
Tech Elite

If it was an epic based stock.....its probably the magnets. Trinity uses the highest power FB9 magnets, but they also have the worst ratings for demagnetization of the 3 different FB9 magnets. Yokomo/Top use the slightly less power versions, but with better demagnetization.

I am sure a quick zap will bring the motor back to life.....it probably just got a little too hot......and heat is the enemy to magnets.

Later EddieO
Old 04-10-2004, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yea its fast Toebster but .........can you make runtime?
Old 04-10-2004, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Brandon built me a 12th mod motor for the US Triple Crown race at scotty's track and having never run 12th mod before at a big race (and 12th mod isnt exactly the easiest class to get the hang of, and go fast in), and I ended up 3rd in the A main. His motor had awsome punch, rpm and I was reallly shocked to find out at the 7 minute mark, efficency! I wasnt even close to dumping.

He also built my motors for me at the nats and they were dialed as well!
Old 04-10-2004, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by pro3racer
i think i might of gottan a dud motor then(otto, you guys run para. motors?). The motor was fast, but it gave up really quick on me. If i would have known staniak here had a magnet zapper, that probanly would have help alot. I repeat, the motor was fast, but only for a few races, then it gave up on me. I did rebuild it too, got the comm cut, new brushs, springs, nothin, then the magnets got a little loose on me, so i threw it out, i think it was a dud.
Otto, are you running 12th scale next year, i'm selling all my stuff this month, and going to reevaluate my finances next winter, i'm probably going tyo leave sedan and go to 12th scale.
Pro3
If you look at my signature you will see who Nick drives for... I wouldnt have sought a sponsorship from Brandon if I thought his motors were slow! Paradigm motors rock!
Old 04-10-2004, 08:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

nick drives for paradigm too, i thought hurricane made motors(they do), wouldn't he use there motors?
Old 04-10-2004, 09:03 PM
Tech Elite

hurricane doesn't do motors much anymore.....just brushes. They have an alliance of some sorts with paridigm....

Later EddieO
Old 04-10-2004, 09:43 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Yea, when Hurricane was under the previous owner they did motors for a brief time, back in the P2K/GM3 ages, but ever since it has been batteries and brushes.

There is no "official" link between Hurricane and Paradigm but more of an unofficial partnership.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.