Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mamba Max....

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 10:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Mamba Max....

fyi.... the 10th scale Mamba Max system is now out.... 7700's systems are now in stock at www.castlecreations.com ...... after a long wait.... the final product is hitting dealer shelves... truely gnarly power.....

Tim

Last edited by tmohr; 12-06-2007 at 11:10 AM.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Also, if anyone has questions about the Mamba system Tim and I should be able to help you out.

Hey Tim you beet me to it
Old 06-30-2006, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default hey guys

got a few question..CC seems to be the brushless to have for 1/18 scale..figure you guys might end up being the same for 1/10.
with that said I'm in the market for a brushless system

i've used GTB before works ok...with a 4300 motor but had a few problem with the fitting on chassis...etc

is your 4700 package equivalent or higher than the 4300 motor.
i'm trying to see what the main differences are between the CC Max, GTB and LRP...
any info would be helpful....

i primarly race in stock class..usually with a undergear brushless to keep things fair at the track.

do you guys have pics of the system fitted into a 1/10 car...
thanks
really appreciate it.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

The mamba motors suposedly provide much much more torque then the novak/lrp motors. The new 4700 is probly more comparable to a gtb 7.5 system. There have been reports of some of the motors dynoed at over 1000 wats of power.
Old 06-30-2006, 02:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Any pictures of the CC brushless system installed cleanly in a sedan car?
Old 06-30-2006, 03:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Out of curiousity, how does the Mamba Max work with the Novak and Reedy/LRP brushless motors? In case someone wanted to run a ROAR/IFMAR legal motor, but wanted another option besides the Novak and LRP controlers? Or are the motors Castle is selling going to be ROAR approved? Just curious. Thanks!
Old 06-30-2006, 08:31 PM
Tech Regular

the mamba maxx is way sweet and fast. ran the 7700 at the rocks and put laps on the field big. don't forget that it does work brushed as well. yes, it will run with all other sensorless motors. the sensorless motors will be allowed by next year finally the mamba himself can come out in public and show how smooth the mamba maxx is. here are some pics for you to check out how sweet it is. keep watching for the monster maxx, it's coming even faster than you think.
Attached Thumbnails Mamba Max....-mamba1.jpg   Mamba Max....-mamba2.jpg  

Last edited by the pig; 06-30-2006 at 10:25 PM.
Old 06-30-2006, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default any got more pics

i would love to see some clear shots
and wiring layout...
come on CC..give us a few..
Old 06-30-2006, 10:36 PM
Tech Regular

sorry pics are with phone cam. i will get the kodak out later and shoot some more out saturday. remember that we piut all the gear in one package rather than make another medusa. wires are as followed. red, white and black to brushless motor and the other red and black to battery as usual. in brushed mode you run red power wire to batt and then jump it over to the + of motor, black power to - battery only. now just take black motor wire to - on motor and tie up the red and white for later. DO NOT ever cut the motor wires if you must shorten wires do it at the esc instead but be very careful not to heat up the esc board as you will cause damage this way. i can tell you this that the power is great and there is 0 cogging in this system and constant power always there.
Old 07-04-2006, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by olhipster1
got a few question..CC seems to be the brushless to have for 1/18 scale..figure you guys might end up being the same for 1/10.
with that said I'm in the market for a brushless system

i've used GTB before works ok...with a 4300 motor but had a few problem with the fitting on chassis...etc

is your 4700 package equivalent or higher than the 4300 motor.
i'm trying to see what the main differences are between the CC Max, GTB and LRP...
any info would be helpful....

i primarly race in stock class..usually with a undergear brushless to keep things fair at the track.

do you guys have pics of the system fitted into a 1/10 car...
thanks
really appreciate it.
For reference my 4700 was just a little faster then the 19turn motors i have run recently (Komodo, Atlas, CP $$$)

5700 was keeping up with the modifeds around 8 to 9 turns, and 7700 is just scary

A testiment to the system, i went to a very large parking lot track 1 day with the goal of trying to get it to shut down. I geared up and up, and the only thing that happened was a loss of runtime, and more top end. My unit ran around 225 for the esc and 190 for the motor...and was passing 1/8th scale nitros

Dont be afraid to gear these higher then other BL setups.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

The warmer the system gets the less effecicient it will be. If you can keep your temps down then it should be just as effecient as it is when geared properly. Perhaps invest in a fan for the esc. If you are running for more then 5 minutes then an air duct to keep heat from building up under the tc body may be neccesary too. All it would take is a hole in the top of the rear wind shield. It wouldn't cause any problems with the normal air flow, but it would prevent the warm air from building up in the top of the car.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:04 PM
TMS
Tech Rookie

I have a question on the radio settings. Does the system re-arm itself every time you power up?
On my shultze ESC if you change the endpoints or try to add drag brake with the radio then you reset the ESC, it wont re-arm itself until you put the radio back to the prevoius settings. You can lock it down with dip switches though.

Do you experience anything like this with the Mamba Max? Also, are the Motors 2-pole or 4 pole?

Thanks
Old 07-05-2006, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

I believe the motors are 2-pole motors, however mamba has a new equation for the throtle curve and it is super smooth off the line.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcracingkid
For reference my 4700 was just a little faster then the 19turn motors i have run recently (Komodo, Atlas, CP $$$)

5700 was keeping up with the modifeds around 8 to 9 turns, and 7700 is just scary
Hi rcracingkid,
Just wondering what rollout or final drive ratio (or pinion/spur+car) you where using on the motors if you can remember. I am planning on getting a Max combo and need to order a heap of pinions but have no idea what to aim for.

I was hoping to go maybe the 5700 and undergear (+ throttle EPA) to be competive in 19T class + ability to use normal gearing when speed is required (fun).

Last edited by au_Nightmare; 07-08-2006 at 02:34 PM.
Old 07-09-2006, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Finally it arrived! Does anyone alrwady shot a video so we can watch the performance of these "monsters"? I aiming on the 7700 system for my Yokomo LCG

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.