R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-09-2004, 09:49 PM   #16
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to tc3stocker Send a message via Yahoo to tc3stocker

just my 2 cents, if you look at the light reflection of the first picture and the light reflection on the second picture, it looks as if they are either both comp generated, or one of the others is, I still run 3000's for my stock TC and could care less if they come out with 4000's or 3600's because I don't even run expensive matched 3300's..................neither do I have the money
tc3stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 03:36 AM   #17
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

big dog - question for you on the ir vs. voltage thing. (if this seems ignorant, disregard it... i don't know anyone i would consider a battery person to ask things of, hence i'm on the web )

if a cell with an ir of 16 can pump out 1.18 at 30 amps, and a cell with an ir of 13 can pump out 1.165 at 30 amps, at what point (amperage wise) do you foresee the 1.165 cell, putting out more voltage than the 1.18? in a racing situation, how often do you think the average stock is surpassing that amperage (tc, 1/12)?
gee-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 07:03 AM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I will wait to hear from the independent matchers such as promatch, has to say about these "new" cells before I buy any. They totally dropped Sanyo and its going to take either extremely low wholesale prices, or impressive numbers to get some of these matchers back. I for one like the low IR of the GP's and higher voltages. My last sanyo purchase was 3000HV's and they have an IR of 25 to my Gp's with 16 IR, The Sanyo's feel "flat" compaired to the GP's on a stock motor.
hobbipro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 08:12 AM   #19
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

If I were to make new batts vs GP,
I prefer better punch and voltage instead of capacity.
Old 04-10-2004, 08:39 AM   #20
Tech Elite

IR directly effects punch. Higher IR = less punch and vise versa. In stock you NEED punch, in mod the motor is where the punch is. Proof of this is when the panasonic 3000's came out, all the mod guys switched to 7-9 turn motors to make up for the lack of punch in the cells. A lower IR is a hugh advantage becuase as long as you make runtime the battery is "dumping quicker" and you get FULL power for the full run. It doesn't matter if you dump ten seconds after you cross the finish line. They may work for 1/12th scale mod but I doubt they would out perform the GP's in stock or mod TC.
fatdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 09:08 AM   #21
Tech Elite

fatdoggy: Thanks for the insights.
I don't mean that GP is lacking in those area, just can still be improved further. Yeah, I am running stock most of the time definitely can use extra oomph. Maybe battery mfgs can make 2 types of low IR and higher ones for stock and mods...
Old 04-10-2004, 09:23 AM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to A-Ko

I guess with these new batts is there will always be buyers for them. Meaning that there are many guys out there who want to be the 1st on the block to own some and flaunt them at the track for the bling factor.

I personally believe that the 1st generation cells are probably the worse to buy. Usually my best packs have been 2nd or 3rd generation in a battery line.

I will probably patiently wait 3-6 months to see what the next generation batteries look like before I throw down some "psychedelic Jacksons $$" on them.

Gotta love those Gps for now.
USVTA National Points Member #101
A-Ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 09:32 AM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

I have to agree with you guys- unless they can make a battery with waaay more voltage or much lower IR, there's no point or market value in new cells for stock racers. I agree that you will get a tad bit more punch at the end of the run with higher capacity cells, but for the price? No thanks. Of course mod TC and mod 12th will definately make good use of them, but unless something changes in stock TC, it's just pissing in the wind...
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 11:05 AM   #24
Tech Addict

I think that I have to do a ......wait & see .....situation on these cells. It definitely will come out with something different from what we know now.....maybe the "outlaw" quad mag stockers will be the ones to benefit first with these cells....who knows
jeepnyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 11:52 AM   #25
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to MattW

If any of the newer cells are able to "hold up" better than GP's then there will be a market for them. This is the thing that we are seeing right now, i see a few racers that are getting real fed up with their GP cells losing capacity very quickly.
MattW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 12:13 PM   #26
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to fabolousRC Send a message via Yahoo to fabolousRC

Panasonic has 3500mah Nimh. Onlybatterypacks.com has em for Emaxx pack. For some reason, nobody in Panasonic promoted it to the mass world. Is panasonic staying away from the competition?

Lex Tyler Paints \ Norcal Hobbies \ Bay Area Peninsula R/C Club
fabolousRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 07:26 PM   #27
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

hey guys when are these hot packs going ot come out? Next month i believe? please let me know! Thanks

-Lee
Leester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 01:23 AM   #28
Tech Fanatic

Default killing the hobbist with new batts

we now with 3300 batts and coming out with 3600 it mke it hard for us guys trying to be in this hobby to keep up with batteries chnging every few yrs
tc3 racer sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 01:38 AM   #29
Tech Master

I agree, we're basically running toy cars around but with the technology thats involved its evolved in to a big sport/hobby.
Tek Nickal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 02:03 AM   #30
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by fabolousRC
Panasonic has 3500mah Nimh. Onlybatterypacks.com has em for Emaxx pack. For some reason, nobody in Panasonic promoted it to the mass world. Is panasonic staying away from the competition?
Look at the physical specifications of the Panasonic cell, then go view ROAR's cell guidelines for approval...