R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-05-2010, 07:51 PM   #16
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

If this is product packing issues ,
you need contact SMC ?
the battery we not have open !
or manufacturer use a used heading card repack !
we same had received Yokomo had these case in BD5 items !

if your battery not have used ,
can send back to our co.,
we'll contact SMC ask this case & send new one to you !

Last edited by RC MARKET; 03-05-2010 at 08:07 PM.
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:10 PM   #17
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i know its hard for people to understand what a person says from another country but for those who think its difficult or just want to be a-holes and mock it just think how much of an idiot whoever might sound to them if you went to their country and tried communicating with them.
the door swings both ways, now getting to the subject i talked to danny one day and he's a straight up guy and takes care of customers and i've also bought from rcmarket and they're pretty straight too so i say if things didnt work out then either deal with it or go somewhere else.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:24 PM   #18
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

please give me a true order no. !?
you give me order no. is wrong !
& please e-mail to our co. ,
we'll monday reply with you !

Best Regards,
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 10:24 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecatts View Post
Hi AreCee,,,question..did your cells have the ROAR tape on them?
If so..they are the USA version..If it has..Its not just the Asian packs then..Its all of the SMC range...
No ROAR tape on the originals, the replacements have them. I believe I purchased them before they were "officially" approved.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 03:50 AM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default dates

D

Last edited by mikecatts; 05-20-2010 at 08:30 PM.
mikecatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 06:18 AM   #21
Tech Apprentice

it seems to be strange personally i never had trouble with rc market
but i think it's like in every business you need a bit a luck
i have 3 smc pack(1s) run a lot with them (modified) and never had issue
a friend of mine fried 2 of them wich weren't from rc market
and he was charging with his fancy legend set up
maybe the new chemistry is a little bit unstable
or is it a classic case of chinese copy?????
regarding communication if they are doing worldwide business they should at least speak good english
as a salesman myself i speak both languges of my country(french and flamish)
back on the smc subject i was planning to buy 2s pack for my touring car
but reading this makes me think that smc quality has gone down
i hope his manufacturer will get his ass kicked and that the quality will come back

Last edited by closs; 03-06-2010 at 06:20 AM. Reason: typo
closs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 06:24 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

[QUOTE=mikecatts;7098121]Hi..What dates did you get the NON roar tape ones?
QUOTE]

October & November 2009.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 06:26 AM   #23
Tech Apprentice

maybe the new chemistry is a little be unstable
regarding communication if they are doing worldwide business they should at least speak good english
i hope his manufacturer will get his ass kicked and that le quality will come back
closs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:43 PM   #24
Tech Rookie

Default Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by closs View Post
maybe the new chemistry is a little be unstable
i hope his manufacturer will get his ass kicked and that le quality will come back
Yep..I aree with you buddy.....
hillbilly_bumfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:46 PM   #25
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I have NEVER had a problem buying anything from Rc Market......
HEWITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:01 PM   #26
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default SMC Sux

Wow, i have had problems with SMC batteries too!. I bought a brand new 50c 5200 pack from RC Market in December, charged once and used it once, topped it up and it left if for two weeks came to use it in January for club and .......dadaaaaa......i had an $80 balloon

I contacted Danny from SMC, he got back to me, wanted to know the barcode so he could check the batch and said they had no problems with that batch. I wasnt happy and kept emailing him, and he said in his last email that he would send me the address of the supplier in Asia where i could send my battery to be checked out...........guess what.......never heard from him again.

I noticed that RC Market were selling the 5400 50c packs at a discounted price, just wondering if they are trying to get rid of them

I didnt bother contacting RC Market because they probably wouldve said to contact SMC

So much for the 3month warranty

I told Danny i thought SMC were quality due to the higher price tag, obviously not, should have bought Yeah Racing or Intellect instead, cheap, but they'd still be square not round!

ANyone want to buy an SMC paper weight? perhaps a round brick to build a house with?
junn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:02 PM   #27
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by junn View Post
Wow, i have had problems with SMC batteries too!. I bought a brand new 50c 5200 pack from RC Market in December, charged once and used it once, TOPPED IT UP AND LEFT IT FOR TWO WEEKS came to use it in January for club and .......dadaaaaa......i had an $80 balloon
in red was tour problem,you cant leave them fully charged,they can take a week or a year to go bad not stored properly,if your topping of was to get it to its 6.6-7.4 stored value my bad
Old 04-23-2010, 10:46 PM   #28
Tech Adept

Default SMC

Well if that was written in the instructions that came with the battery then i wouldnt have done it.

The instructions state that Lipo packs have a very low self discharge rate. How can leaving a brand new pack between club days fully charged cause it to vent like that. I understand that lipo packs are to be kept at a certain voltage but two weeks!!. Guys in my club do the same with intellect packs and they have had no problems and were surprised that an SMC pack swelled after two charges. It also says to check the voltage every two months if stored - two months not two weeks

If there is a degree of uncertainty regarding storage with these packs then EXACT instructions should be supplied on how to charge and store with EXACT time frames on what storage is and is not. Im not a professional but i love racing and enjoy competing. there isnt a money tree in my backyard but i stretched my budget and bought this pack because you get what you pay for - except in this instance i paid for a top quality lipo and got a sport pack nicad instead

Look at the two pages of comments regarding SMC packs. All could have been avoided if they handled quality control and customer complaints properly.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:42 AM   #29
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by junn View Post
Well if that was written in the instructions that came with the battery then i wouldnt have done it.

The instructions state that Lipo packs have a very low self discharge rate. How can leaving a brand new pack between club days fully charged cause it to vent like that. I understand that lipo packs are to be kept at a certain voltage but two weeks!!. Guys in my club do the same with intellect packs and they have had no problems and were surprised that an SMC pack swelled after two charges. It also says to check the voltage every two months if stored - two months not two weeks

If there is a degree of uncertainty regarding storage with these packs then EXACT instructions should be supplied on how to charge and store with EXACT time frames on what storage is and is not. Im not a professional but i love racing and enjoy competing. there isnt a money tree in my backyard but i stretched my budget and bought this pack because you get what you pay for - except in this instance i paid for a top quality lipo and got a sport pack nicad instead

Look at the two pages of comments regarding SMC packs. All could have been avoided if they handled quality control and customer complaints properly.
That's interesting...

My SMC pack came from the US to a UK store where I bought it. Inside was a piece of paper that said EXACTLY how to charge, discharge and store the LiPo, even down to voltages and times to store at those voltages. I have followed those instructions and have myself a top-quality LiPo.

Having looked at the two pages of comments on SMC packs, would I be the only one who thinks that the people having problems are, in the majority, buying their packs from RC Market and similar Far East shops? And if you didn't get an instruction sheet from that source, maybe they haven't come via SMC, but direct from the factory that makes them... who don't know how to use them... and allow them to be sold in a country where the Law does not require any instructions...? Just a thought...
SlowerOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 01:34 AM   #30
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowerOne View Post
That's interesting...

My SMC pack came from the US to a UK store where I bought it. Inside was a piece of paper that said EXACTLY how to charge, discharge and store the LiPo, even down to voltages and times to store at those voltages. I have followed those instructions and have myself a top-quality LiPo.

Having looked at the two pages of comments on SMC packs, would I be the only one who thinks that the people having problems are, in the majority, buying their packs from RC Market and similar Far East shops? And if you didn't get an instruction sheet from that source, maybe they haven't come via SMC, but direct from the factory that makes them... who don't know how to use them... and allow them to be sold in a country where the Law does not require any instructions...? Just a thought...
Yep sounds like the one i got, but it didnt say that two weeks was regarded as a time frame with which to charge in storage mode, not doing so leading to my current SMC balloon

My main "gripe" is should it do that after sitting for two weeks? I dont think so.

If the instructions said that leaving the pack to sit for two weeks charged was going to damage the pack then i wouldnt have done it. My instructions stated long term storage to be 3 months or more with a voltage check every two months